10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Heh. I proved you wrong and all you have to say is: you cry, others cry - qq

Yes it's annoying when you get a bad roll streak, and it happens. But the before mentioned conversation was about getting exactly two 1-rolls in a row over two good buff rolls. Deal with being wrong. You don't HAVE to try and get people to dislike you all the time you know.

A big part of dealing with the rng is understanding how it works and what is most likely to happen if you choose to rerolling again. There is no point kidding yourself into thinking you will magically get two good buffs every other roll
    Why don't you just reroll? No need to cry 24/7 in every rogue thread about how much rtb rng hurts your but.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-09-14 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Why don't you just reroll? No need to cry 24/7 in every rogue thread about how much rtb rng hurts your but.

Infracted.
    If you see a substantial Outlaw nerf in the future... my guess is you will see a lot of folks reroll/switch specs.

I will admit I was 5+ CP RtB rerolling on heroic bosses until I got 2+ buffs. I was only thinking about the buffs and not about the duration of the fight. Which is dumb and silly, because I know I won't put a 5+ point Rupture on a target that's not gonna live at least 15 secs. It just shows how much I know about playing Outlaw.

That being said, is there a set fight duration where rerolling RtB is beneficial and when it is not? I'm assuming for fights that are 5+ minutes you can safely RtB @ 5+ cps until you get 2+ buffs. However, for heroic bosses (1 - 2 minute fights) you cast RtB once and just deal with whatever you get for the duration?

Deleted
    That is what i do when it comes to dungeons. I mean looking at the average boss fight in a mythic dungeon i do around 200k dps. A few times i tried rerolling buffs until i got 2+ buffs and my dps decreased to 150-160 k ( same boss ) because until i was fucking around with the buffs the others were killing it and those buffs didnt really matter in the remaining 30 seconds. When i am in dungeons i just accept the shitty luck and roll ( heh ) with what i get.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenDenies View Post
    However, for heroic bosses (1 - 2 minute fights) you cast RtB once and just deal with whatever you get for the duration?
    This has been my approach to most boss fights in Mythic. However, the obvious exception being if I roll Broadsides or Buried Treasure pre-pull I will usually roll over it due to the buffs being quite useless during AR/CotDb at the start. Otherwise, I feel knowing when to re-roll comes with playing the spec and building up an intuition for these things. For instance, if you're pace is really slow you might want to consider re-rolling. I know that's kind of a 'whatever' answer but I feel it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    I agree people are really down playing bad luck when it comes to rolls, over 100 heroic dungeons and all mythic dungeons every week I've kept track of all the 6 buff boss pulls I've gotten for a grand total of 5.

That being said, there are ways to play smarter and do your best to minimize the bad luck of rolls which others have also pointed out.
    Bad luck is NOT not rolling 6 buffs, but rolling 1 buff several times is succession. Which happens often to some people apparently.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

So any insight as to which trinkets we should be looking for in EN? Bloodthirsty Instinct looks to be strong, not sure about others.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

I got a question about something I read in Stjern's rogue guide. In the section about rotation, it says "If you have Opportunity procs, then spend them IF you’re energy starved, if not, then cast Saber Slash."

Does this also apply when CotDB is active? That seems counter-intuitive. Free combo points seems like it's always a good thing. Or does that only apply when CotDB isn't up? Thanks for any and all advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    I got a question about something I read in Stjern's rogue guide. In the section about rotation, it says "If you have Opportunity procs, then spend them IF you’re energy starved, if not, then cast Saber Slash."

Does this also apply when CotDB is active? That seems counter-intuitive. Free combo points seems like it's always a good thing. Or does that only apply when CotDB isn't up? Thanks for any and all advice.
    Your capped by the gcd more than energy. So when available spend that gcd on something that hits harder.
    Iuffy - Addiction
    Bleeding Hollow

Deleted
    Outlaw nerfed in the 7.1 PTR!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    If you mean the RT nerf, that happened already, and is live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    I don't really see the nerf

I think he's talking about the Run Through change, but that happened already.

Deleted
    Oh.. Well, that's my bad then. Forgot RT had already been nerfed. However, our 4 set got nerfed, and 2 set got buffed. Unless this is just a tooltip update as well.

Deleted
    What about these? Are these implemented aswell?

Between the Eyes Finishing move that deals damage with your pistol and stuns the target. Critical strikes with this ability deal four times normal damage: 1 point : [ 1 + 88.5% 85% of AP ] damage, 1 sec 2 points: [ 2 + 177% 170% of AP ] damage, 2 sec 3 points: [ 3 + 265.5% 255% of AP ] damage, 3 sec 4 points: [ 4 + 354% 340% of AP ] damage, 4 sec 5 points: [ 5 + 442.5% 425% of AP ] damage, 5 sec Rogue - Outlaw Spec. 35 Energy. 20 yd range. Instant. 20 sec cooldown.

Saber Slash Viciously slash an enemy, causing (1% of weapon damage [ 0.709 * 1% of weapon damage or 0.029 * Level * 1% of weapon damage + 0.418 * 1% of weapon damage or 1% of weapon damage ) Physical damage. Saber Slash has a 35% chance to strike an additional time, making your next Pistol Shot free. Awards 1 combo points each time it strikes. Rogue - Outlaw Spec. 50 Energy. Melee range. Instant.

Also a 60 sec cd on sprint now! Sprint (New) Sprint's cooldown is reduced by 60 sec. Rogue - Assassination, Subtlety, Outlaw Spec.

Deleted
    Wait what, when did the nerf to RT happen to live servers? I haven't read anything about these?

4 set huge nerf 2 set small buff fine w me
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

nerfs and buffs to a set we dont see til 7.2

So what in the notes is actually new vs tooltip changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    4 set huge nerf 2 set small buff fine w me
    i feel the same way.