Need a Windows 7 64 bit disc to Reformat and Re-install. is this it?

So long story short I need to reformat my windows 7 and re-install it. I have my CD key so not looking for any pirated junk. I just need to uninstall it and re-install windows 7. I found this on Ebay but I am unsure if it is exactly what I need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windows-7-64...-/191715292394

From the looks of the advertising it is what I need right? Before I buy it I just want to be sure. And also ask here if anyone knows of another way I can get the disc for what I need to do?

I used to just get the ISO file directly from the microsoft website and burn it to a blank cd. But apparent with the Windows 10 release they completely removed their handouts of the ISOs files. You can apparently still get it from their site by providing your CD key but whenever I do I get this message

"The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options."

So I assume I am out luck when it comes to the official ISO provided from Microsoft. Again if anyone knows of any sure ways I can get one. Or can confirm the Ebay listing is what I am looking for. Info is greatly appreciated.

oops, didn't read the whole thing. Doing several things at once made me miss that part.
    Last edited by Waterfire; 2015-11-07 at 01:55 AM.

The CD seems like it can do it all. Which is scary because I remember getting like 12 CDs to do half of what that CD says it can do when I bought my computer.

To be honest you should just download the ISO online and burn it to a USB. I'd google ito find the ISO. I did it to get a copy of windows 7 pro just a few months ago and it worked just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the Key from?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Well the thing is the Key itself is from an old HP Desktop I bought way back when. The problem is I am currently using a PC I built myself. Back when Microsoft was giving out the ISO's I burned the ISO onto a disk and uninstalled Windows on that old HP so the key would not come up as in use or something when applying it to my current build.

Not sure if this will affect me getting a Windows Disk from the manufacturer or not. But yeah the actual key itself is from an HP Desktop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call HP or Microsoft.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I downloaded windows 7 onto a thumbdrive and then used my key no need for a disk. There is also a program to get the key if you forgot it. It's called magic jellybean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I downloaded windows 7 onto a thumbdrive and then used my key no need for a disk. There is also a program to get the key if you forgot it. It's called magic jellybean.
    He can't download it because it doesn't recognize his HP Key

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I googled the problem and apparently when it asks you to enter the product key, there's a prompt that lets you make a phone call and follow some machine instructions it'll work.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/54...reinstallation

But who knows.

Deleted
    You know, if you upgraded to windows 10 and then chose a clean install this may work better for you.

as in

1) install windows 10 via the media software creation tool ---> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

2) then when its all set up, go threw the system restore part and tell it not to keep any files

tho if your not sure how to do this, you could always go to a local computer shop and ask them if they could burn you a copy of a windows 7 disk
    Last edited by mmoc6edda12fdb; 2015-11-07 at 09:52 AM.

Anyone can download windows. Just not from HP, you can download it from other sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Anyone can download windows. Just not from HP, you can download it from other sources.
    I meant, Downloading the ISO from Microsoft doesn't work because it isn't recognizing his windows key provided by HP OEM.

You can't download it from MS anymore without a 'valid' key

I meant, Downloading the ISO from Microsoft doesn't work because it isn't recognizing his windows key provided by HP OEM.

You can't download it from MS anymore without a 'valid' key
    You can download it from torr...en...it's where I downloaded mine from and then just used the key. I have a key with 10k uses I can give it to OP if he PM's me. I have win 7 64 ultimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I imagine the OP was looking for a legitimate, reliable source (Microsoft) that is guaranteed to be clean, and also not a VLK or something that could possibly be shut down later in time. Some of those do not work with the Win10 upgrade either (even if yours might)

Deleted
    I know the Microsoft site, it doesn't support OEM from manufacturers machines.. its a shame that digital river stopped hosting images.

Yeah, I imagine the OP was looking for a legitimate, reliable source (Microsoft) that is guaranteed to be clean, and also not a VLK or something that could possibly be shut down later in time. Some of those do not work with the Win10 upgrade either (even if yours might)
    Regardless I have a key he can use that is 100% legitimate, it's from work it has 10k uses per key and it's from Microsoft.