Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as there's a big bad enemy of some kind that isn't just an army of humanoid type aliens then I'll be happy. I know they can't top Reapers, but Reapers made ME for me, I want something big and epic.

Also, I saw someone say on reddit that it fits with the rumoured storyline of "Shepard's "Plan B" before the final Reaper push was to send a small band of N7 soldiers, and aliens to build a new life in Andromeda if all else failed in the Milky Way." which imo sounds promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think the save the universe plot was appropriate for the series.

I do agree about Andromeda. Would love to see a firefly-esque type of game. I do think it will be a more open world/universe type of game (judging by that teaser above as well), that seems to be a trend. It will be interesting to see how it evolves.
    I just find it hilarious that Destiny and Mass Effect have so similar intros:

"We went to Mars, found something awesome, entered a golden age, attracted something big and evil that'll consume us all that then proceeded to kick the shit out of us."
    Putin khuliyo

goose bumps

Gona be hard to play without Garrus

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    goose bumps

No more Liara either. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    goose bumps

How am I going to Mass Effect without Brokarian?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    No more Zaaed either.

RIP Ragebro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the new ship will have advanced self-calibrating weapons .

Only crew I'd really be happy to see if a magical portal opened 5 minutes into the game would be Legion and EDI.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    How am I going to Mass Effect without Brokarian?
    Garrus has been in 3 fairly long games, perhaps its time to say good bye for fresh narratives

Really looking forward to this now. I'll fucking miss femShep, Garrus, Wrex, Tali, Edi, and the rest of the gang. Easily my favourite rpg series of all time.

People are still excited over this series after ME2 and 3? The magic is gone for me.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    People are still excited over this series after ME2 and 3? The magic is gone for me.
    amazing that people can like things that you do not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    No more Liara either. ;_;
    She might be in it... They live for a thousand years and she was described as being only 106 years old during Mass Effect 1.

amazing that people can like things that you do not
    That's obviously not it. I enjoyed the first entry, the next two entries were simply not up the snuff in terms of story/game-play. Feel free to get happy about it, maybe Kai Leng will be a playable character!
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Hopefully not, if they do it right then none of the old characters will make an appearance. Andromeda needs to be a completely fresh start to work.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I wonder why they used femsheps voice when they didn't use her for any of the promotional material at any point, they didn't even have a canonical look for her till the third one. Just seems like a weird choice.

Also if tbat's all they have for N7 day that's super disappointing.
    The voice actor for Female Shepard is a million times better than the Male one. Maybe that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    That's obviously not it. I enjoyed the first entry, the next two entries were simply not up the snuff in terms of story/game-play. Feel free to get happy about it, maybe Kai Leng will be a playable character!
    Story I can see, although I enjoyed the story of 2 and 3 (3's ending aside). But gameplay? The gameplay has improved with each entry of the series.

Story I can see, although I enjoyed the story of 2 and 3 (3's ending aside). But gameplay? The gameplay has improved with each entry of the series.
    I dunno, it turned away from being an RPG and more towards the TPS. Aside from the degeneration of the story/characters/setting over time the decision to head further away from the RPG genre was one of the biggest turnoffs.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The voice actor for Female Shepard is a million times better than the Male one. Maybe that's why.
    I disagree, i think the real difference is that Fem Shep nailed better the Renegade options most of the time and most of the best game moments came from these parts. Its clear the role was written before neither of them was in the role. They both put their spin on it, which is why male Shep is usually pretty mellow as a renegade, no anger. On the other hand when Shepard is attempting to be funny or a smart ass, Fem Shep delivery at this is pretty weak and Male Shep nails the asshole pretty well.

To me its kind like a Kirk vs Picard thing, Mark is playing someone with less emotion, Just like Kirk is an action hero when Picard is not. The difference is that since the role was written this way, Picard makes up for less emotion and action, with long speech to put people in their places, something Patrick Stewart made an artform of.

Putting 2 actor on the same exact role is a challenge in and of itself.

Femshep sucks. thats all.

If they step away from the trainwreck that was ME3 and go back to ME1(which by the record, is one of my all time favorite games)
    Then i might give a shit.