Poll: Do you want Shadowstep back?

Deleted
    I don't understand the whining about the T21 4p bonus.
    I kind of like it better this way than before, the previous 10% flat proc was aweful for 2 reasons:
    - first 10% is VERY low (lower than the poison bomb proc chance in sin)
    - second the possibility of back to back to back procs at the right moment (during dance) would have been absolutely broken
    Why would anyone be glad of even more rng?

The new 4p is much better, given you need 4-5 backstabs to go up to 6 cp you now have a 20-25% chance to proc which is much better than 10%.
    And don't forget that those procs snowball into more shadow dances.

I do agree that the 4p is garbage for multi targets fights though.

Deleted
    Winq u correct in that ist good with BS etc. What you totaly missing is that there is fights where you basicly dont use BS and al your combopoints come from suriken storm. In most myt+ aswell we ont have any real value from the t21 4 set unless some bosses. In any fight with more than 2 targets t21 is basicly 0 dmg.

A setbonus who benefit both the st fights and multitargets are alot more usefull. Atm its untill ilvl beats it, alot better to use t20 2 set + 21 2 set.

Its a horrible horrible setbonus who only affect a few fights and give nothing or close to nothing in others.

- - - Updated - - -

Blayke. have a look at

Guides:
    Riff's Guide: : http://www.ravenholdt.net/subtlety-guide/
    Fuu's Guide: https://leovdw.github.io/SubtleGuide/

answer most questions you have as new subi rugieeee
    Last edited by mmoc499a953f73; 2017-10-04 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    Blayke. have a look at

Guides:
    Riff's Guide: : http://www.ravenholdt.net/subtlety-guide/
    Fuu's Guide: https://leovdw.github.io/SubtleGuide/

answer most questions you have as new subi rugieeee
    Thank you for those. I was already familiar with ravenholdt, though the other one was new to me. But I'm still having the same problem: they both recommend Nighstalker, while linking a tooltip which states that it causes abilities to do 50% more damage (which I'm assuming is coming from Wowhead). But in game my tooltip is saying 12% damage.

So which is correct? I'm more inclined to believe my in game ui, but I also know that sometimes tooltips in game can be wrong for various reasons.

A 50% damage bonus (which is what it is with sin, btw) makes the talent worth taking. A 12% bonus makes it kinda meh. So again, some clarification would be very helpful here. Thank again and cheers!

PS: got off my lazy ass and tried this out on the dummy. Oddly, the increase from nightstalker worked out to be around 17-18% consistently. More than 12, but certainly not 50.
    Last edited by Blayke; 2017-10-05 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Thank you for those. I was already familiar with ravenholdt, though the other one was new to me. But I'm still having the same problem: they both recommend Nighstalker, while linking a tooltip which states that it causes abilities to do 50% more damage (which I'm assuming is coming from Wowhead). But in game my tooltip is saying 12% damage.

So which is correct? I'm more inclined to believe my in game ui, but I also know that sometimes tooltips in game can be wrong for various reasons.

A 50% damage bonus (which is what it is with sin, btw) makes the talent worth taking. A 12% bonus makes it kinda meh. So again, some clarification would be very helpful here. Thank again and cheers!

PS: got off my lazy ass and tried this out on the dummy. Oddly, the increase from nightstalker worked out to be around 17-18% consistently. More than 12, but certainly not 50.
    Pretty sure it's been 12% for Sub for ages now. Think it happened when they actually added Shadow Dance to be modified as well. It's absolutely not meh when you add in Master of Subtlety, Dark Shadows and a big DfA. Also noting that because it mods ShD the frequency of use is way higher than Assassination (where it's only used after a vanish).

Deleted
    ^

As Jaro say, Its the stacking of % buffs who give sub some kind of scaling and big pew when we can surikenstorm for another % buff on evis. HAving 18m crits with DFA on normal fights with adds atm when Alc trinket proc in start

Deleted
    Nightstalker bonus is different per spec, the tooltips are just the normal tooltips without the spec difference.

Nightstalker _is_ the go to talent if playing DfA.

So it looks like these set bonusses are final. Gratbed that IF we can Shuriken Storm we skyrocket in dps but still sucks that our 4 set bonus wont be usefull in aoe but our 2 piece will go up in value alot in those situations.

Deleted
    DFA is the best that happened to sub, When you learn to use it as a utility + dmg, Jump over glaves on sisters, use on mytic KJ for pushback ignore, or gapclose after soak on Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    gapclose after soak on Avatar
    this isnt really a good idea, on avatar if you use it from afar it fizzles out like half the time

you can, however jump over the unbound chaos with it

Deleted
    I use it mostly when soaked and need to come to maiden to dps shield as a gapcloaser, or to jump over chaos

Why not just shadowstep? I mean, unless things line up nicely and you're ready for dfa burst at the same exact moment you need a gap closer