Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

I completely despise dual-wielding for Death Knights...

It simply doesn't fit the theme of the class, and the fact that Frostmourne is being split into two separate weapons pisses me off.

Frostmourne was shattered, sure, but it was shattered into a whole helluva lore more than two pieces, let alone two pieces that you could slap hilts on and start swinging. Clearly, some amount of reforging is going on, so why couldn't we reforge them into a single weapon, just like the Frostmourne we've all been eager to wield? Is it not the PERFECT embodiment of the Class? If Paladins are wielding the Ashbringer, and Shamans the Doomhammer, then why are Death Knights given the shaft? Since all of Frostmourne's souls were expelled, would it not serve as a perfect runeblade for our goals?

Look, I'm fine with having the OPTION to dual-wield -- but not at the EXPENSE of two-handed Frost, let alone at the expense of Frostmourne itself. Instead, we get to one-handed mockeries of that weapon, which really does feel like a slap in the face.

Blizzard, if you read these boards, I urge you; please reconsider. Maintain the ability to choose between one-hand or two-hand Frost, or simply remove dual-wielding and be done with it; there are enough dual-wielding classes anyways, and nothing about dual-wielding ties even remotely into the "class fantasy" of playing a Death Knight.

And if there's any kind of concern about "too many Artifact Swords", then just replace the Unholy Artifact with something else, such as a large, powerful-looking scythe (think "The Harvester" from Darksiders).

Yeah, you hate it and are really upset. It still does "fit the theme of the class".

DW is iconic to frost DKs suck it up. if you like 2h go unholy.

also frostmourne would steal your soul and turn you evil.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

That's unfortunate.
    Guess you'd better spec Blood/Unholy.

Blizzard, if you read these boards, I love dual wielding frostmournes.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my main is a frost DK and I could not imagine to have to play it with a 2H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you aren't just taking two halves of Frostmourne and swinging them around. From the sounds of it you collect all of the shards and reforge them completely into a new pair of weapons.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

DW has been iconic for frost for a really long time now. 2H was just another option. Unholy has a 2h and so does blood, so you can pick those if you want to use a 2h. TG for warriors was iconic but we got DW as well so suck it up. It's not like the weapons look bad anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    DW has been iconic for frost for a really long time now. 2H was just another option. Unholy has a 2h and so does blood, so you can pick those if you want to use a 2h. TG for warriors was iconic but we got DW as well so suck it up. It's not like the weapons look bad anyway.
    I disagree, the death knight should be given the option for 2h frost. Just because blood and unholy have 2h doesn't satisfy those who want frost DK, which to me sticks out at as the best RP spec for a DK. Think of Arthas. We are based on his image, so why not fulfill that even to a decent extent.

Also how can you defend titan grip. dual wielding 2h was a terrible idea to begin with. ruins the integrity of the 2h weapon and dual 1h for fury, not to mention looks silly with those weapons being so light.

I say, give frost DKs their frostmourne, and give some other class specs some more recognizable weapons of WoW past.

I also say give enhance shaman back 2hers at some point down the line. make it fun in pvp again.
    White damage has lost its integrity in the last 5-7 years. I hate how vast majority of melee dps is from abilities. Heavy white damage was what made melee that much more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodclaut View Post
    Also how can you defend titan grip. dual wielding 2h was a terrible idea to begin with. ruins the integrity of the 2h weapon and dual 1h for fury, not to mention looks silly with those weapons being so light.

FOH with your terrible ideas

Deleted
    Is anybody else reminded of Game of Thrones when Ice was reforged into 2 new swords?

Deleted
    Two of the most iconic Death Knights seem fine with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodclaut View Post

Titan Grip isn't a terrible idea. It doesn't really ruin the integrity of 2h weapons, it just shows that warriors have the strength to wield massive weapons seamlessly and fits into the fantasy of that class since it's the only class it seems that relies purely on raw strength, whereas death knights or paladins have spells to compliment their melee fighting

Also Titan's Grip is not getting removed in Legion, the weapon models just look really small and should get fixed at some point

Now back to the topic: There's plenty of dual wielding death knights out there, so it fits just fine to have one of the specs being only DW. Just go unholy if you want to have a 2h weapon.
    Furthermore, it is unclear wether we have the hilt of frostmourne or not, since a large lower part of the weapon looked unharmed in ICC, so it's possible that got taken away by someone for safekeeping and we just have the leftover shards. Now while they could reforge it to look like frostmourne, I doubt that they'd want to since it'd just be a very grim reminder of Arthas's rule and the many lives he stole. For comparison it'd be like producing Nazi-themed weapons. it's just distasteful

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard anyone criticize DW frost. I always loved it, and didn't like using 2H as frost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Well when you change Frost to Blood for tanking you need to have something to do with Frost. The point of switching them never made any sense to me. From the sound of it the majority of this thread never tanked as a frost. The whole tank as blood only came about because of the higher DPS possible in it as it was a DPS spec at the time. Stupid reason to change it, enhance frost and be done with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Well when you change Frost to Blood for tanking you need to have something to do with Frost. The point of switching them never made any sense to me. From the sound of it the majority of this thread never tanked as a frost. The whole tank as blood only came about because of the higher DPS possible in it as it was a DPS spec at the time. Stupid reason to change it, enhance frost and be done with it.
    Not exactly why they went with Blood for tanking.

The reason they went with Blood was because it offered a different way of tanking. Mostly, tanking had been about mitigating hits through defense, blocking (for those that could), armor and high HP. None of the classes was very big on self healing. Frost DKs as tanks was very much in the same vein as Tanking druids - armor, HP and parry/dodge. But Blood tanks was more focused on self healing. Which is why it was chosen as the tanking spec. It was also the more popular tanking spec at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    It simply doesn't fit the theme of the class, and the fact that Frostmourne is being split into two separate weapons pisses me off.

Frostmourne was shattered, sure, but it was shattered into a whole helluva lore more than two pieces, let alone two pieces that you could slap hilts on and start swinging. Clearly, some amount of reforging is going on, so why couldn't we reforge them into a single weapon, just like the Frostmourne we've all been eager to wield? Is it not the PERFECT embodiment of the Class? If Paladins are wielding the Ashbringer, and Shamans the Doomhammer, then why are Death Knights given the shaft? Since all of Frostmourne's souls were expelled, would it not serve as a perfect runeblade for our goals?

Look, I'm fine with having the OPTION to dual-wield -- but not at the EXPENSE of two-handed Frost, let alone at the expense of Frostmourne itself. Instead, we get to one-handed mockeries of that weapon, which really does feel like a slap in the face.

Blizzard, if you read these boards, I urge you; please reconsider. Maintain the ability to choose between one-hand or two-hand Frost, or simply remove dual-wielding and be done with it; there are enough dual-wielding classes anyways, and nothing about dual-wielding ties even remotely into the "class fantasy" of playing a Death Knight.

And if there's any kind of concern about "too many Artifact Swords", then just replace the Unholy Artifact with something else, such as a large, powerful-looking scythe (think "The Harvester" from Darksiders).
    How do you think warriors feel that you guys are the only ones getting an axe artifact while we're stuck with shitty swords of lore characters no one can even remember the name of?

Dual-wielding has existed for DK's since Wrath, sure, but that hardly makes it "iconic". Darion Mograine has spent as much time wielding a two-hander as he did dual-wielding, and let's not pretend that anyone *really* gives a shit about Thassarian, let alone as some representative of the entire class.

To be clear, I'm not saying that dual-wielding has no right to exist for DK's, but that it simply doesn't play into our themes particularly well, and certainly not enough to ROB us of our one opportunity to wield Frostmourne. Runeblades are meant to have a symbiotic relationship with the Death Knight; they steal our souls, but in exchange, offer power. Like Frostmourne, they are depicted as cursed, almost sentient weapons; that seems like a harder fantasy to sell when you're talking about two completely separate weapons.

And again, Frostmourne is to Death Knights what Ashbringer is to Paladins, or the Doomhammer is to Shamans. It's not like Ashbringer is being reformed into a shield, so why screw DK's over by regulating Frostmourne solely into the role of dual-wielding?

I mean... is there *really* anything wrong with 2hand-Frost? The numbers lag behind a bit, but I still find it the most enjoyable spec in the game right now.

You don't get to decide what fits the theme of the class, and I know there are many DKs extremely excited about the 2 swords for frost.

If you hate it so much, go Unholy. This is the model for Legion. Artifact weapons are the big feature, so get used to it now.

Frostmourne is a soul stealing sword that does not belong in player hands
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor