Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think of myself as choosing a race for fun rather than min/maxing racials, but in some cases the racial does play in with the fun factor.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

i play undead for exclusively raiding
    what do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    On my raid main Druid I had no choice but Nelf when I made it. I went Human for Rep racial on my Lock. Otherwise never really cared about racials influencing what I do too much. I don't play at a level where such a thing would ever make a difference, compared to just playing with more focus and sticking to tactics better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a female troll because they were the ORIGINAL "pretty horde race", and I fell in love with the lore and concept afterwards. Never going to change her, fuck the racials.

Fun story about the racials, though, turns out that the old version of regen trolls used to have in Vanilla (that would tick based on your current level of spirit) meant that no troll who was at full health during the mushroom bombs of one of the old green dragons could die to them (because they hit you over time for exactly 100% of your health) because you would tick 1 or 2 hp during the dot, and stay alive EVERY TIME!

I was the only rogue in my raiding guild who could stay in during the shrooms. Because I didn't pick her for racials. XD

Horde purely on what race I like, mainly Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls. For Alliance I would have loved to play a Worgen Shaman, but...Ya know...Anyways, Alliance is more difficult mainly because of EMFH...Being a prot pally an extra CC breaker is gold and hard to pass up I do like my Dwarves as well, was incredibly let down with Worgen.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

I play what I like the best, though that is limited based on my current faction restriction where I honestly don't like any of my options.

The powers are balanced enough on alliance anyway to not really matter.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I initially played a human for the mechanical benefits, but those have largely been gone for a long time (don't cry at me about EMFH, I don't pvp). I still prefer the human female model, but I do have dance animation envy.

I know I'm in the minority with this, but racials always for me. (mage)

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont pick a race based on nothing but the racials, i choose a race based on looks. i do hate that the number of racials some races have are far more than others, so i bitch about not having the same amount of fun racials as newer races.

BE's have squat, while Pandaren have 6. i think all races should have 6, and all of them should be more fun and cosmetic.

if race A has 6 racials then every other race should have 6 as well. if race A has a stat boost racial.. then every race should have a stat boost racial. but flavor racials like bouncy, or pack goblin, rocket jump these can be unique to the race, but other races need something unique as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Having Racials really annoys me. I main a Tauren Paladin and mainely play Pve... Have a troll hunter alt and a new Orc shaman, and they have racials that benefits PvE...
    A bit disappointing.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Trolls toes are disgusting so of course not for the aesthetics.

I play races I like. Don't care about racial abilities. I stopped raiding a while back and have been what you might call a "casual" since then, so I don't care much about min/maxing anymore.

Nah. I pick races based on what I want for that character. Sometimes the toon just needs to be a tauren. The only time I minded racials was when The Human Spirit gave spirit instead of versatility. If I needed to make a healer, I gravitated more towards humans.

I actually would rather have Shadowmeld on all toons over EMFH.

I don't give a shit about racials when choosing a class. I feel sorry for anyone playing a "role-playing" game who does, based on WoW's extremely weak and uninteresting racials.

If you picked a race because its racials were hugely OP in Vanilla, well, that's actually pretty awesome. Sorry they got nerfed!

NE master race. Only things that arent NE are things that are restricted. Monk is only exception, simply because NE monk animations for male are crap compared to female pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog determines my race. I am a slave to WoW fashion.

I'm boring I've played mostly human, not so much for the racial but because of how the gear looks. I've been trying to play different races though.

My days of obsessing over min/maxing are long over. it just ended up stressing me out too much over what was ultimately tiny little details. I always go for the race i like most, or the one that fits a particular character idea best. If i'm not attached to the character im never able to level it and it just gets forgotten and deleted. I have an entire graveyard full of female blood elves because of this. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SylviaDragon View Post
    My days of obsessing over min/maxing are long over. it just ended up stressing me out too much over what was ultimately tiny little details. I always go for the race i like most, or the one that fits a particular character idea best. If i'm not attached to the character im never able to level it and it just gets forgotten and deleted. I have an entire graveyard full of female blood elves because of this. :P

One could say "My days of obsessing over 3D replicas of human supermodels are over" :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    PvP player too and racials have never affected my choice of race. Always play human, tauren, worgen or undead depending on which has the class I want available.
    Out of interest what is your 3's/RBG raiting?