Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I guess if meta is that important you are gonna have to decide if you can live without it and adapt or if not make a demon hunter.
    You really didnt read a line of what i wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    /sigh Fuck Blizzard. They create demon hunters by killing a warlock spec. Great move. It wasn't enough that Illidan took on warlock powers as a demon hunter, the thing that made him unique, but seriously, That is what blizzard does, it makes unique characters and then makes every other character equal to that character. So, what's next, holy priests being able to use bows, like Tyrande?

Warlocks, specifically the Demo warlock should have always had Apotheosis as part of their spec (functions like shadowform for shadow priests, just that it gives the warlock a set of wings) and boost to dark metamorphosis as a CD, while, if a demon hunter was going to have a similar ability, should be more or less limited in power and/or strength. I would say the same thing about a necromancer if one was put into the game, They are not Death Knights that don't use weapons. While a DK would be able to summon an army of undead once every 10 minutes, and the undead minions dying after 30-40 seconds, a necromancer should be able to conjure the same army every 3 minutes, and once there, the minions don't die until killed, or 5 minutes elapses. A necromancer's powers, while similar, should hurt a lot more than a death knights, to make up for the fact that they are casters, and not melee weapon users. That's probably why they don't exist in WoW as playable classes.

Closing thoughts: Why is this game not as successful as it was?many could suggest it's old, and nearly run its course, and that might be on some level true. A more feasible reason is because the game is being purposefully killed. Nothing is ever done in moderation. New expacs are never actual expansions, they are in a lot of ways stand alone games. The changes are not expansions, they are rewrites of the game, and reinventing the wheel every time makes for a shitty game, especially when you consider that in these changes, we keep losing things we want to keep and don't always get something of equal or greater ability for the things we lose. We tend to have useless, or rarely used abilities while other less than awesome abilities, stats or game play mechanics are kept in, as if they were beloved, when in fact, they are hated. We were in a decent place at the end of MoP, as far as players and abilities were concerned. If the game was left alone, and a couple new abilities were added to make a subtle change for the next expansion as we leveled, there would most likely be a lot less weeping and gnashing of teeth. But no one has considered trying it this way because that isn't the way it is.

Example: we have 6 million current players, all who have their classes made to order, and they are, more or less, happy with their classes. The end of the game is upon us, and we want to introduce a new class to the game. A lot less will go into the class creation if we keep going with the other classes as they are. Instead, we opt to make this class and fundamentally change every other class. So, Blizzcon occurs, and there is a lot more hype, but there is also a much greater chance that the changes will actually piss people off, instead. Had we went the other way, and said, "Classes are for the most part staying the way they are, what would we get? Well, a lot of people who may have had a little trepidation about their beloved characters getting beat to death with a nerf bat are alleviated, and new abilities are introduced. And with the characters not being traumatically fucked with, that frees up manpower to concentrate on the content, and creates the potential to have a few more additions to game play and world play. There is really nothing quite like getting yourself to 110, only to learn the class you selected, you hate, because it was nothing like you remember from last expac. When you reroll something else, you get left behind because you refuse to run with a toon you hate. Either that, or you try to make the best of it, and decide "fuck this game, I hate it" and drop..... that right there has a lot to do with our current low subscriber number. It is such a problem, Blizzard won't even release the number anymore.
    Yeah, saying that everyone loves their classes the way they are is a fundamentally flawed argument. No one likes change but it is frequently necessary to improve. If classes were the same as they were when they were created, you would have multiple specs on multiple classes that would still be straight up useless. WW monks and MW monks both have completely useless mastery's to the point that other stats are worth 2-3x as much per point. Arms warriors are completely boring to play. All three rogue specs were so disgustingly similar that from a gameplay perspective whichever one simmed the highest is what most rogues were playing.

There are multiple other examples and if you don't like the changes to your class/spec, first off, you saw a few changes, you have no idea how it is actually gonna play out or what the visuals will look like. Not to mention, Beta has yet to begin. If you hate it, say something on the actual Blizzard forums, bitching here like a disgruntled 2 year old is not only pointless but it makes you look idiotic frankly.

Change is frequently good, chill for 5 seconds and just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Indeed. If anyone's super attached to the current Demo mechanics, I'd point them at Shadow Priest. They're picking up the playstyle of using DoTs to generate secondary resource that fuels your transformation into a form with enhanced versions of your normal abilities. Sure, it's not a toggled form, but I consider the removal of stance dancing to be an improvement over the current model.
    The thing is with S-Priest (not to even touch the whole 'why don't you heal panda??' thing) is that Shadow Priest aren't even getting it. They're taking the worst parts of current Eclipse and the boring parts of Meta (the build) and throwing them into S-Priest. I don't see the idea of fighting to keep your eclipse bar up being a fun idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    The thing is with S-Priest (not to even touch the whole 'why don't you heal panda??' thing) is that Shadow Priest aren't even getting it. They're taking the worst parts of current Eclipse and the boring parts of Meta (the build) and throwing them into S-Priest. I don't see the idea of fighting to keep your eclipse bar up being a fun idea.
    This. There's only so many global cooldowns, so the actual limit is pretty much hard capped and not overly difficult to achieve so long as you're casting. Clearly movement will shaft it something rotten, but the lack of control over the form as implied is the kicker; it pops automatically just as you enter a stop-phase? Super lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I mean, the class will be fine. It's literally always been strong even at its worst.

When people are sky-is-falling its really just about whether or not they feel they'll enjoy the changes.

There's gonna be a nice chunk of people who absolutely love the idea of become a pet spec, and then there'll be people like me who's only redeeming quality of demo was turning into a demon.
    Absolutely and Blizzard will never be able to please everyone's ideal perspective (obviously) so them going back to the "roots" of each spec makes sense to me.

Giving Metamorph to demonology was a huge mistake.

Demonology is the study of demons and the art of controlling them - it was never about becoming a demon yourself, or letting a demonic entity gain control over you.

The only reason Meta was part of demonology is because Demon Hunters are very popular, and blizzard wanted to "band aid" the lack of DHhunters.
    With the arrival of the full DH class there is zero reason for Meta to stay with Demonology.

Many many classes are getting radical changes in Legion (holy paladins becoming melee healers, survival hunts going melee...).
    Demonology is not alone in that group, and it is getting a damn fun and amazing rework that is staying true to the Demonology theme.

Woz and I have decided that in the interest of keeping the forum a bit cleaner in terms of discussion that we would make 3 "Meta" threads, 1 for each spec, in regards to the changes in Legion.

Demonology: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ock-Discussion

Destruction: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ock-Discussion

Affliction: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ock-Discussion

The purpose of this isn't to limit discussion but more to make it so we don't end up with 6 threads on the exact same topic. If you want to discuss something very specific or a niche topic, such as how the heirloom looks, or something similar to that feel free to make a new topic but let's try to keep everything nice, clean, and civil.