Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikki View Post
    New talents - Affinity: Resto, Affinity: Feral, Affinity: Guardian, and Affinity: Moonkin - makes you actually good at another role i.e. if you want to be a super healy balance druid

Does this mean, it will feel like picking two specs at once?

I know it doesn't matter that much now, since dual spec is gone and we can switch to whatever we want.
    You'll be lacking about 5-6 rows of spec specific talents and an entire artifact, and possible even mastery. That is to say, they're splitting up HotW, renaming the individual parts, and hope that it will work out this time.

One thing:

They say "herp derp hybrid +1" every exspansion, but keep having us less and less non-hybrid druid like.

The catform increased dmg sounds good, but I wont belive it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

From my understanding, they want spec/class utility to make a comeback. Balance is getting innervate back for exemple, and stampede roar is reserved for feral/guardian

If they say they want to bring bearcatting back, it probably means we'll be the best tank at doing dps on taunt swap fights, and i really doubt the affinity talents are cooldowns, it's probably something you can do full time if you wish, but it'll be weaker than a real dps... but way more dps than dpsing in bear form, or you can output some great healing.

To offset this new utility, other tanks will probably get some others things, they might get more dps while not tanking, but i doubt they'll get as much as us... Could be in the form of externals like holy paladin, or huge mobility for war/dh/monk.

Just hoping the raid utility for bears gets real in legion, it sucked big time the last few expansions compared to other tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    From my understanding, they want spec/class utility to make a comeback. Balance is getting innervate back for exemple, and stampede roar is reserved for feral/guardian

If they say they want to bring bearcatting back, it probably means we'll be the best tank at doing dps on taunt swap fights, and i really doubt the affinity talents are cooldowns, it's probably something you can do full time if you wish, but it'll be weaker than a real dps... but way more dps than dpsing in bear form, or you can output some great healing.

To offset this new utility, other tanks will probably get some others things, they might get more dps while not tanking, but i doubt they'll get as much as us... Could be in the form of externals like holy paladin, or huge mobility for war/dh/monk.

Just hoping the raid utility for bears gets real in legion, it sucked big time the last few expansions compared to other tanks.
    There's no way they can seriously give one tank the ability to significantly outDPS other tanks when "off-tanking". It'll make Guardian mandatory in the top 1-200 and I simply refuse to believe they're stupid enough to do that. Removing Stampeding Roar from Balance already makes Guardian an inherently more desirable spec because Feral Druids (barring a major redesign) are far from an optimal class to bring during progression.

I expect to see all tanks get some sort of resource "dump" that has no defensive benefit and does meaningful damage. Anything else would be incoherent design.

I was watching the finalboss interview with a developer and a question was asked about animation/visual interaction with casters and their artifact weapons as some classes use daggers etc and they might not be shown that much. The developer then mentioned that there might some animations that tie in and then went further and mentioned that they are looking at investigating doing something with the guardian artifact besides changing our form.

One of the things to add further a little bit we're investigating solving it for bear druids so you actually see the weapons there but we will see if we can pull it off. At the very least they will get customization to their transformation with the artifact equipped.
    Whilst we knew that our form was going to change I havent seen any other mention of something like this happening until that interview so thought it was quite interesting.

Original Question - https://youtu.be/qpAYPI-g75g?t=10m20s

Guardian Point about seeing weapons - https://youtu.be/qpAYPI-g75g?t=11m43s

They could indeed make the claws show on the bear form... don't know how easy/hard that is to do.

And praise, i guess not significantly, but it could be a small portion more than other tanks, while others tanks could have more utility... I mean I'm up for all tanks doing similar dps, I just thought that was possibly their intent. I wouldn't mind it if bears did 5-10% more dps than other tanks while not tanking, considering we don't have the externals of other classes or cheese mechanics like AMS or Guard in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    There's no way they can seriously give one tank the ability to significantly outDPS other tanks when "off-tanking". It'll make Guardian mandatory in the top 1-200 and I simply refuse to believe they're stupid enough to do that. Removing Stampeding Roar from Balance already makes Guardian an inherently more desirable spec because Feral Druids (barring a major redesign) are far from an optimal class to bring during progression.

I expect to see all tanks get some sort of resource "dump" that has no defensive benefit and does meaningful damage. Anything else would be incoherent design.
    Besides the fact that feral is a spec, not a class - why is Feral not optimal during progression? Is it the lack of high AoE dps or too weak survivability? Or not enough raid utility?

On a different note, they also said that 2nd spec is gone. I main Guardian for PVE and will prioritize for that. My 2nd spec was my PvP spec.
    With second spec gone, does that mean we get to PvP as a Guardian through the new Affinity mechanism? I find this a bit confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    On a different note, they also said that 2nd spec is gone. I main Guardian for PVE and will prioritize for that. My 2nd spec was my PvP spec.
    With second spec gone, does that mean we get to PvP as a Guardian through the new Affinity mechanism? I find this a bit confusing...
    Dual spec is gone in the sense that you can switch to any spec at any time (out of combat of course) you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    So Legion gameplay is going to be:

- Stand there and take damage, AM doesn't really matter very much. Pop a CD if in trouble.
    - Pick the best DPS talents and do as much DPS as possible when not actively tanking (but this is probably going to be a CD-button, so you can use it once or twice a fight, if encounter mechanics allow - and unless the DPS is "meaningful", then why even bother?)

So it sort of amounts to "stand and eat damage"
    Sorry if I'm not cheering, but that doesn't sound like very active and engaging gameplay.
    Don't know how you could have taken that from what was said; at the Darkmoon Faire systems Q&A (wasn't on the live ticket, fan sites might not have picked up all that was mentioned), Arielle specifically asked if Bearcat could make a comeback with the new Affinity talents, to which the devs said yes. The Affinities are always on and passive, because they're tied to one spec, rather than HotW which improves you in all specs. Chances are you'll also actually be better off with the Affinities vs Heart, because they grant you additional abilities.

Devs didn't go too much into how Guardian is changing, but it's meant to be fairly significant, although not at the level of Surv Hunter/Demo Warlock; the change from being the Dodge tank (which I'm stoked about, because dodge-tanking as a Bear always felt ridiculous to me) means we'll be getting new AM, but no details as to what that is yet.
    Cantor

9/9 gold MoP CMs | 8/8 WoD Gold CMs | 7/7 M Emerald Nightmare | 6/10 M Nighthold

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    Besides the fact that feral is a spec, not a class - why is Feral not optimal during progression? Is it the lack of high AoE dps or too weak survivability? Or not enough raid utility?
    Because it is melee, and there are other melee classes that bring more to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Because it is melee, and there are other melee classes that bring more to the table.
    On the other hand, Balance and Restoration Druids will lose their Stampeding Roar, making the melee specs even worse (and/or Feral spec better). That being said, I doubt Blizzard would feel comfortable with the fact that guilds would only bring Ferals for their speed buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    On the other hand, Balance and Restoration Druids will lose their Stampeding Roar, making the melee specs even worse (and/or Feral spec better). That being said, I doubt Blizzard would feel comfortable with the fact that guilds would only bring Ferals for their speed buffs.
    I dunno man, why pick a feral when you can pick a rogue.

Though to be honest... melees aren't great in general, why pick a melee when you can pick a ranged is the general question.

Edited Blog Post out as Mod added it to OP thanks Mod

Overall think it looks very interesting noticing how our active mitigation doesnt seem to rely on charges unlike a lot of the other tank previews we have seen with it stating the overlaping nature of Ironfur.

Noticed everything has a cooldown again in that preview with Thrash (6 sec) and Lacerate (3 sec) picking up cooldowns

Whats up with the random moonfire though thought it seemed a bit strange

Really excited to see all the talents now
    Last edited by Boredpanda; 2015-11-13 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Moonfire hype! why...

Seriously though, that mastery! It made me laugh, fucking base 40% extra HP and extra healing received? Seems OP as fuck.

The ways to deal with magic damage and physical damage are there too... plus you can bearcat or mooncat if you want apparently.

Aside from the random moonfire thing I'm very happy.

Here we go boyz.

Liking what i see so far. Disappointed at the affinity changes. Balance will seem to be default.

Also

Thrash
    Instant, 6 sec cooldown
    Strikes all enemy targets within 8 yards, dealing minor Bleed damage and applying Lacerate for an additional moderate Bleed damage over 15 sec

Burr looks quite nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like bears will be viable in rbgs again. Especially moonbear when guarding nodes...you won't have to leave bear form at all, gg rogues.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2015-11-12 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Moonfire hype! why...

Seriously though, that mastery! It made me laugh, fucking base 40% extra HP and extra healing received? Seems OP as fuck.

The ways to deal with magic damage and physical damage are there too... plus you can bearcat or mooncat if you want apparently.

Aside from the random moonfire thing I'm very happy.
    It will be a lot lower. That is with normal gear(probably early raid gear).

So glad since there's not a HUGE rotational change. Spec wise it looks like we'll feel the same mechanically. Little QoL changes are good. Mostly not charge system for our AM stuff compared to other tanks?

One thing is if warriors are going to generate rage from getting hit are bears the same I'm guessing? Looks like only Mangle generates rage.