View Poll Results: Once every job is automated by AI and robots, would you live in a retro community?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • WTF? I don't even...

16 22.22%
  • Yes

5 6.94%
  • No

48 66.67%
  • Maybe with some modifications to the community

3 4.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Nah. Give me all the robots. Typically, the guys I run into who would be replaced by the bots are asshats, anyway. So it's a win-win.

ah the old "humans will be needed to repair the robots and fix their programming" argument.
    not true, its likely we will invent robotics that can repair their own coding, and eventually the codes will be so perfected they wont need "bug fixing" because they will be bugless.

if humans want to stay relevant we will have to find a way to learn, much faster, by much i mean well over 100x faster, as in downloading information directly to the human brain instead of slowly learning it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    ah the old "humans will be needed to repair the robots and fix their programming" argument.
    not true, its likely we will invent robotics that can repair their own coding, and eventually the codes will be so perfected they wont need "bug fixing" because they will be bugless.

if humans want to stay relevant we will have to find a way to learn, much faster, by much i mean well over 100x faster, as in downloading information directly to the human brain instead of slowly learning it.
    ... or just sit back and enjoy the fruits of robot slave labor.

Come on man. This is the dream. That's why we created machines. To do things so we don't have to.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Where's the 17th century town at? I want to know what it's like to shit myself to death.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh