Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Angry Prayer of Healing gone?!?!?!

Now that they are saying disc is losing prayer of healing, what do they expect us to use for AOE healing? Holy Nova the shitty ass joke spell again???

Maybe Disc gets something like AoE Attonement?

Just wait till the blog post that's being released tomorrow.

Disc does AOE now?
    I wasn't aware.
    All I see is Shield.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    They said that you weave in healing spells that add buffs to people and then Atonement DPS spells will target those people. So perhaps with enough careful management, you can keep the buff up on multiple people and every DPS spell (or specific ones) will heal all of those people each cast. If so, discipline may actually be quite flexible...capable of potent focused single-target healing or potent aimed multiple-target healing.

It all depends on the actual details of the spells.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Time to go holy? Let's just wait and see what the plan is.. They cannot just take aoe away and give nothing back..there will be no disc. priests to be found.

7+ Year Old Account
    am i the only one who never used prayer of healing this expac?

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Disc does AOE now?
    I wasn't aware.
    All I see is Shield.
    It's about Legion and on the frontpage it reads:
    Disc priest's endless PW:S spam had to go! It was bad for them and bad for everyone.
    Sry, I don't know how to make it look like the frontpage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    am i the only one who never used prayer of healing this expac?
    Discipline priests should still have been using it twice a minute, due to Empowered Archangel.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Sry, I don't know how to make it look like the frontpage.
    Should be [ blizzquote] [ /blizzquote] (minus the space obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Now that they are saying disc is losing prayer of healing, what do they expect us to use for AOE healing? Holy Nova the shitty ass joke spell again???
    Dude, Disc is changing almost completely. Wait 'til we have details before freaking out, huh?

Can we wait until we actually have an alpha/beta to start crying and shitstorming?

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    It's a good thing that PoH is gone, who the fuck likes group-restricted healing? It is so clunky and annoying to use.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's a good thing that PoH is gone, who the fuck likes group-restricted healing? It is so clunky and annoying to use.
    I actually prefer PoH because it is group restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I actually prefer PoH because it is group restricted.
    I like PoH restriction because it adds more skill. But I hate its tediousness. For every boss, where sometimes It's easier to make groups for what they have to do etc. And not how close they are too eachother.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    I like PoH restriction because it adds more skill. But I hate its tediousness. For every boss, where sometimes It's easier to make groups for what they have to do etc. And not how close they are too eachother.
    It only "adds skill" when you use it for guaranteed crit. Otherwise, it's a pain in the ass, both for the healer and for raid leader. Especially when your melee/ranged numbers don't match so you have some awkward 50/50 group which is never fully in range.

I mean, I guess it has to be group bound because both EAA and Spirit Shell rely on that - but since no one used the latter and the former can be reworked...

Anyone know if the new prayer of healing is tied to groups again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If disc got Clarity of Purpose instead of Word of Mending then it would have been better to get for disc priests than Clarity of Will in some situations. After playing around with the holy spec recently, I'm considering making it my main spec in Legion if shadow isn't any good.

I'm with PosPosPos, I'm glad, PoH has always felt clunky and bad unless the raid was highly stacked up or you had a cluster finder addon, and you shouldn't NEED either of those to be able to AoE heal.

I'm imagining the new Atonement to work somewhat like Uplift does for Monks. You'll apply some sort of buffs when you do direct healing or shielding or whatever it is that we do and then when you Atonement heal, all targets with that buff will get the heal - like how Uplift works with Renewing Mists
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Looks like prayer of healing is now going to be range restricted now rather than group.

I think the range for 15 yards is quiete short though.