Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

The big Blizzcon WoW announcement

I genuinely havent followed any of Blizzcon and i was wondering what the big reveal for Wow was at the event this year?

Was there a big announcement? Something new? Something they kept up their sleeves?

The movie trailer is all over my facebook so i know about that!

When I think "big" announcement I think the next big thing: Instances, Battlegrounds, Arenas, Farms, Garrisons, Class Halls; for WoW: Legion I wouldn't be surprised if VR (virtual reality) gaming was added in, and Occulus Rift is optional to play WoW with the head set, like your blind demon hunter needing you as the player to be his seeing eye dog, and what you see, he sees, your eyes and his, being one and the same

Between the developers commenting that there's something "big" in the works that they're really excited about but can't talk about yet, and the unannounced features for WoW: Legion, that haven't been revealed yet, and say no, the "big" WoW: Legion feature hasn't been revealed yet

(The Diablo III loot system, transmog, adventure mode, daily Diablo III-like quests, and zones and mobs scaling with leveling are good, but I see that as more of a needed and requested fix)

Quote Originally Posted by Silonch View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if VR (virtual reality) gaming was added in, and Occulus Rift is optional to play WoW with the head set, like your blind demon hunter needing you as the player to be his seeing eye dog, and what you see, he sees, your eyes and his, being one and the same
    This is going to be the april fools joke. Play your new demon hunter in virtual reality, just a black screen with sounds.

If it goes to the Oculus Rift does that mean we have to double jump inorder to make our Demon Hunter double jump?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    This is going to be the april fools joke. Play your new demon hunter in virtual reality, just a black screen with sounds.
    reported for awesomeness. +9001

VR for WoW? lol

Not really a fitting game genre for that technology.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    VR for WoW? lol

Hmm I dunno. With the WoW art style and simplistic graphics, it may be the PERFECT game for it!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Hmm I dunno. With the WoW art style and simplistic graphics, it may be the PERFECT game for it!
    But its not an first-person game. VR doesn't really make that much sense if you just control a floating camera behind your character, instead of being in your characters head.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The big announcement seemed to be three big announcements about Legion.

1. Transmog 2.0, which was what we all expected.

2. Zone Scaling, so you can do the Legion zones in any order you want.

3. The new endgame "daily" experience.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    But its not an first-person game. VR doesn't really make that much sense if you just control a floating camera behind your character, instead of being in your characters head.
    And all the hotbars, addons and shit floating infront of your eyes. Not very immersive I imagine.

How can you play with oculus and keyboard?? Lol
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The big announcement seemed to be three big announcements about Legion.

1. Transmog 2.0, which was what we all expected.

2. Zone Scaling, so you can do the Legion zones in any order you want.

3. The new endgame "daily" experience.
    I'd agree with 1 and 2. They are both big changes and were really well received by the audience. The transmog system sounds even better than what they tentatively revealed at first. When they announced what the new transmog system was, I felt the virtual weight of a completely full bank and void storage lift from my newly-invisible shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    With the way you need to have 360 degree awareness it certainly wouldn't in its current incarnation.
    I can dream
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    VR for WoW? lol

Can you imagine it for Overwatch though? I think I'd need a bucket beside me whenever playing Tracer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    And it will be achieved with a real blindfold.
    Why bother with VR.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Hide Shoulder option.. that was the biggest thing revealed at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the transmog details were by far the biggest thing they announced, in terms of impact on players (and happiness factor that crosses all playstyle boundaries).

We all sort of knew they were going to "improve transmog", but that could have been a small improvement, or a huge improvement. Happily they went big. I mean they literally put in everything that all of us put in the "wishes for transmog" threads we've been posting in for the last six months, including things we never thought they would do (like hiding shoulders).

Scaling zones is pretty cool too, just because those of us playing on opening day can move elsewhere if the zone we're in is just too crowded. I would have been really happy to have been able to play outside of Shadowmoon Valley the day WoD released, and come back to SMV later.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And it will be achieved with a real blindfold.
    Why bother with VR.
    Immersion.

There was a lot of "big things" mentioned, honestly I don't think one of the mentions really stood out immensely. You'll have a long long time till release and even a little while yet till beta to know and process all the information thou... *doot doot*

The big unannounced feature will be the ability for both factions to be able to group/play together. Personally I think this is the case for a number of reasons:

- Intro 40 man raid with 20 alliance and 20 horde players.
    - Opening cutscene showed the human king and forsaken queen working together.
    - Mercenary PvP mode was possibly a test for this. The technology is there.
    - Class halls do not distinguish between alliance and horde. In fact in the Demon Hunter class hall, opposing players can communicate with one another.
    - War between the two factions does not really fit the theme of Legion. Co-operation in the face of a greater foe however does.

I think the first four points are evidence pointing towards this feature. The fifth is just my speculation.

Then again, all anyone can really do is speculate at this point so who knows!