Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Not really a fitting game genre for that technology.
    Theres been workable VR for WoW for years. nVidia's 3D tech for example.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    VR for WoW? lol

Not really a fitting game genre for that technology.
    What? You don't have a clue. An MMORPG is the best genre for VR. Hint: Immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Hide Shoulder option.. that was the biggest thing revealed at Blizzcon.
    This was a thing? l missed that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The big announcement seemed to be three big announcements about Legion.

1. Transmog 2.0, which was what we all expected.

2. Zone Scaling, so you can do the Legion zones in any order you want.

3. The new endgame "daily" experience.
    So in reality.... nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Hide Shoulder option.. that was the biggest thing revealed at Blizzcon.
    No....It was the fact that your toon will finally be able to cook Bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Silonch View Post
    When I think "big" announcement I think the next big thing: Instances, Battlegrounds, Arenas, Farms, Garrisons, Class Halls; for WoW: Legion I wouldn't be surprised if VR (virtual reality) gaming was added in, and Occulus Rift is optional to play WoW with the head set, like your blind demon hunter needing you as the player to be his seeing eye dog, and what you see, he sees, your eyes and his, being one and the same

Between the developers commenting that there's something "big" in the works that they're really excited about but can't talk about yet, and the unannounced features for WoW: Legion, that haven't been revealed yet, and say no, the "big" WoW: Legion feature hasn't been revealed yet

(The Diablo III loot system, transmog, adventure mode, daily Diablo III-like quests, and zones and mobs scaling with leveling are good, but I see that as more of a needed and requested fix)
    They addressed VR in the Q&A for the Engineering panel:

"There are lots of people that enjoy VR at Blizzard, but they work on amazing game ideas, not adding amazing tech without a good idea. When and if they come up with a good application for VR, they will explore it. If VR will help player immersion it would be cool."

It doesn't sound like VR support is coming any time soon for any games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This was a thing? l missed that then.

So in reality.... nothing at all.
    Stupid sexy Flanders...
    Tmog wowdiablo 2.0
    and guild wars two zone sca...I mean Zone scaling .
    See? Lots. muhahaha /sarcasm off
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the two big announcements were the revamped transmogrifaction system, and the world scaling system.

Transmogrifaction has always been beloved, and the new system is absolutely going the extra mile. It's also building a new sort of collection system into the game, which will help keep player engagement up.

The world scaling is sort of a sleeper announcement, but I think it's got far-reaching implications and could be a huge game changer going forward, depending on how well it's implemented and received by players. Just imagine how dramatically things would change if they were able to apply that system across the entire game, to all aspects of world content; you could choose your own leveling path while questing, gather materials from any zone, find objectives, treasures, and quests anywhere you wanted. It would turn WoW into a totally different experience.

Deleted

1. theyre copying GW2 with a wardrobe system

2. theyre copying GW2 with zone scaling

3. This is new... what is the new daily experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    What? You don't have a clue. An MMORPG is the best genre for VR. Hint: Immersion.
    You can't be serious.

I honestly don't think any of these classify under big announcements. Neat features yes, but nothing new.

Deleted
    We can cook bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    We can cook bacon.
    +1 Does crafted food have the "crafted by" tag like other items? If so, BRB making a character named Kevin

I would argue the zone scaling is a pretty big thing depending on how they choose to development end-game content. At level 110 all the zones will automatically be scaled up to your level. This means they technically don't have to set aside areas of the zones for end-game questing/dailies. They can literally just give you a quest to go kill mobs all over a zone for items and all those mobs are at your level instead of stuck at low levels because of the old leveling system. It really makes the entire expansion area available for whatever Blizzard has in mind.

Plus, you can join in and kill a mob with a lower level player without affecting their experience. The mob won't hit them harder, the mob scale up for only you (meaning it won't take longer for them to kill it because you decide to help fight it) and you won't overpower the mob. If a low level hits a mob for 5% health each hit, you'll be hitting the mob for 5% heal each hit. If the low level takes 10% damage from an ability, you'll take 10% of your higher health from the same ability (approximately). Level really becomes irrelevant to the mob and you both get the same feeling from the fight.

I personally think that's pretty game changing going forward. Imagine if all of Azeroth scaled like this. We could be having relevant battles in old school zones. Old zones could be updated with new quests that both super low level noobies and max level players could both do for level appropriate awards. If this existed back when Cataclysm came out we could have used a lot of the effort they put into new leveling for end-game quest rewards for max level characters.

They could add new factions into the game and play them in old school zones. Low level players could use quests for the factions while leveling and gain cool rewards at the same time as end-game players going back to the zones to grind out the faction rep for the rewards. We would interfere with those low levels by overpowering the mobs, we could actually team up with them.

Hell, if they appeal the tech to scaling players as well they could eliminate ganking lowbies altogether (i know.. some people enjoy that) and make the world pretty much fair for everyone with lots of reasons to explore it.
    Last edited by Maoli; 2015-11-09 at 08:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    1. theyre copying GW2 with a wardrobe system

2. theyre copying GW2 with zone scaling

3. This is new... what is the new daily experience?
    1) wrong. play diablo.
    2) i have no idea because im not playing gw2
    3) those "dailys" arent really dailys like we had them in the last expacs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0nfIMrPQw8 1:06:30

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    they really should stop hyping their crappy pseudo big announcements because they dont come up with new stuff. or at least with exciting stuff. Wheres legends pvp where you can pick a warcraft iconic character and play arena /bgs with it. fully detached from progression, just for farming honor or whatever stupid currency you could farm.

Play as thrall, cho, sylvanas ....dont give me HotS bull, not the same.
    give every hero 8-10 abilities and be done with it. easiest thing to balance because fixed values.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    3) those "dailys" arent really dailys like we had them in the last expacs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0nfIMrPQw8 1:06:30
    Ok i havent watched the video yet but i suspect that they will copy the daily system that GW2 uses... afterall the other 2 'features' were blatant GW2 copies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rjor View Post
    The big unannounced feature will be the ability for both factions to be able to group/play together. Personally I think this is the case for a number of reasons:

- Intro 40 man raid with 20 alliance and 20 horde players.
    - Opening cutscene showed the human king and forsaken queen working together.
    - Mercenary PvP mode was possibly a test for this. The technology is there.
    - Class halls do not distinguish between alliance and horde. In fact in the Demon Hunter class hall, opposing players can communicate with one another.
    - War between the two factions does not really fit the theme of Legion. Co-operation in the face of a greater foe however does.

I think the first four points are evidence pointing towards this feature. The fifth is just my speculation.

Then again, all anyone can really do is speculate at this point so who knows!
    That would be amazing, but we do know that World PvP isn't going away- not completely, anyway. They said that some of the world objectives will involve fighting the other faction, which will flag you for PvP. Let's hope that they at least find a way to do this when we're not flagged, though!

Some other big features that haven't been mentioned here yet:

New Challenge Mode dungeons- the Challenge Mode system is being completely redone, now they'll be a full alternate progression paths alongside raiding, which works like Diablo 3's Greater Rifts. You can effectively "level up" a dungeon by beating the timer, which allows you to challenge harder versions of the dungeon with no limit. It resets each week, and you get loot for clearing each level for the first time per week and weekly rewards based on which level you reach.

World Drops returning- now they're Legendaries with unique effects- like the Legendaries you'd find in Diablo. Also, crafted gear also has more interesting effects.

All in all, Legion seems to be very heavily influenced by Diablo 3, and in a very good way!

Quote Originally Posted by releaseday View Post
    so in reality....
    gw2

somebody call for d doctor?

Collections, wardrobes, world content, no apexis, class revamps, relevant dungeon mode, kara 7.1?

all pretty big to me.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Collections, wardrobes, world content, no apexis, class revamps, relevant dungeon mode, kara 7.1?

all pretty big to me.
    To you..

From Blizzard "We have a big announcement for Blizzcon"

Day 1: Nothing.
    Day 2: Nothing.

Event ends.

Everyone: "What was the big announcement, did I miss something?"

Totally big announcement that no one truly knows WTF it was.