Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

[Weakauras] Suite for Prot, Fury & Arms. (Legion)

*Updated: July 31st, (8.0 BFA)* Tons of changes so it works with BFA. Check out the new GIFs. Still open to changes but this is about what I was visualizing for Prot and Fury. Let me know any ideas!

My main concept is to have all the information a Warrior needs to make quick and informed decisions. For me, that means having most all the information close to the center of the screen and an emphasis on highlighting what's important at any given moment. I'm always working on making the auras better and I am open to suggestions, let me know!

This has been a bit of an obsession for me, I have spent so much time on these but I do enjoy it. I've gotten some great feedback on things to include or change and many kind words from the forum users here, Thanks everyone! Shout out to Superserius for helping out and cheering.

Works with any WoW client language.

Edit: this is all still true, I spend a whole lot of time refining these things. Been updating for a few years now, this message is from 2 weeks before BFA launch

Download HERE

GIF: (8.0 Prot v1).

[video]: Outdated

How to import Weak Aura's:
    • Open Weak Auras. (/wa)
    • Click "New".
    • Click "Import", you will get a black box.
    • Tab out of WoW.
    • Open up https://wago.io/Ey-cIdnuZ.
    • Click on "Khakhan's Prot War"
    • Click on "Copy Weakaura Import String"
    • Tab back into WoW.
    • Paste that into the black box labeled "Weak Auras Options" (From clicking Import earlier)
      **This may lag you **
    • A dark blue box will come up, likely near the bottom of your screen, click the red "Import" button
    • Click "Done" on the black Import box
    • Close Weak Auras
    • Enjoy!

Wago links for importing
    [Prot War 1]
    https://wago.io/NJeZW75_Z

Notes
    Some things aren't immediately clear from looking at the GIF.
    The gray boxes above Shield block show how many charges there are.
    The vertical line on the rage bar shows how much rage an Ignore Pain would take, just a guideline.
    The Rage Bar colors are: dark red < 30 rage. Bright red at 30 -> 70%. Orange from 70% to Max. Yellow at max rage

Fury GIF

[Fury]
    https://wago.io/Ey-cIdnuZ

Arms GIF

[Arms]
    https://wago.io/VkqGNMP5-

Anything helps, thanks!

Any feedback is welcome!

I also have Weak Aura sets for: Mage, Hunter, Death Knight, Prot Paladin and Destro Warlock
    Last edited by khakhan; 2018-07-31 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Updated for BFA Release

Looks interesting. I'll let you know how I like it.

Deleted
    What i personaly would change:
    dont let shield slam and revenge dissapear when on longer cd.
    Include regeneration.

Could you explain the small bars over and under the ragebar? Are these swing timers, gcd or something else?

Deleted
    I think the one under is GCD and the one over is the duration of shieldblock :-)

he's right, I realize both the GCD and shield block duration are shown other places but it helps me to have them by the rage bar. The gcd bar is under prot called "GCD Prot" toward the bottom. It's a bit more complicated to remove the shield block duration bar, it's under clampy's power test but it might be easier to just use a more standard WA rage bar.

As for shield slam and revenge, I just prefer having the buttons altogether disappear when I don't expect to use them soon. The aura's are called ShieldSlam CD and Revenge CD, just need to uncheck "remaining time" under triggers and it will work like you said.

Thanks for feedback guys! I will try out the settings, maybe I will in fact like them more. Would be fewer things moving on the screen for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khakhan View Post
    he's right, I realize both the GCD and shield block duration are shown other places but it helps me to have them by the rage bar. The gcd bar is under prot called "GCD Prot" toward the bottom. It's a bit more complicated to remove the shield block duration bar, it's under clampy's power test but it might be easier to just use a more standard WA rage bar.

As for shield slam and revenge, I just prefer having the buttons altogether disappear when I don't expect to use them soon. The aura's are called ShieldSlam CD and Revenge CD, just need to uncheck "remaining time" under triggers and it will work like you said.

Thanks for feedback guys! I will try out the settings, maybe I will in fact like them more. Would be fewer things moving on the screen for sure.
    Thanks for the info, I like the Bars and woudn't remove it, but you have to know what they are for and i don't like to guess . The whole WA is great, very clean, with a good barrier string. Well done Sir.

I did try out shield slam and revenge always showing their cd's. I like it, im going to tank with it tomorrow and see if I have any trouble. Did a few other changes, for example, showing Shield Barrier much like shield block above the rage bar. Anyway, ill show off the new gif after tanking tomorrow, if no issues.

Better looking gif http://gfycat.com/AdorableHelpfulKouprey

What's going on here!
    My health got below 35% so Last Stand lit up and played a siren (can change under [Last Stand Low] - "Actions")
    The blue bar above the rage bar is the Shield Barrier bar.
    The gray bar below the rage bar is the GCD.
    Shield Slam and Revenge CD timers turn red when below 3 sec remaining
    The text for your Rage changes color and enlarges when you get over 90 Rage.
    the Deep Wounds icon above Thunderclap is a static 15s timer when you use Thunderclap. That's the best way I could figure out how to incorporate some kind of timer to track Deep Wounds on secondary targets using Weak Auras (A Nameplate addon is more effective)
    While Last Stand is active it's always better to use Shield Barrier so it alerts you to that. Unfortunately, I can't check for 4pc t18 so you'll need to disable that if you don't have it. The auras are under [Barrier 4pc] and [Barrier 4pc Rage] set them to "Load - Never".
    The predictive Shield Barrier doesn't work with 4pc, you want to use it the full time during Last Stand anyway and i'm not sure how to get it to work.
    The 2 empty spaces are still occupied by Ravager and Dragon Roar / Shockwave / Storm Bolt, they were just on CD.

I don't have too many sound effects but [Last Stand - Low], [Barrier Cap] and [Demo Shout - Low] all have sound effects you can easily change under "Actions"

I've also been working on [Shield Block Glow], it works pretty well as is but I decided to set it to "Load - Never" so if someone wants to mess with it. It has 8 triggers right now haha.
    Last edited by khakhan; 2016-07-27 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you for the new update(s) . Will give it a try this weekend. Much appreciated

Hey there! Love your weak aura, but I am having a problem I hope you can help me with. If I take the talent Gladiator's Resolve for the passive 5% damage mitigation, it breaks about half the weak auras. Mostly the defensive buffs, the shield barrier prediction, and shield block. Is there a way I could fix this? I never run gladiator as dps, but I occasionally use the talent for damage mitigation on tougher fights.

---- Never mind Think I found the problem. Load > Talent Selected> Gladiator's Resolve. Thanks again for the good looking weak aura.

All it needs now is a spot for level 90 talents.
    Last edited by Superserius; 2015-11-14 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks for checking it out! Yes, the aura set would suffer quite a bit if you were tanking with gladiator stance chosen. Perfectly viable option. At the time when I tried, I couldn't get the "Stance" trigger to work so I just separated my Gladiator DPS auras from the rest of my tanking auras by loading them whenever I took the Gladiator talent, which meant turning off the tanking CD stuff. Anyway, it sounds like you already fixed it yourself. I'll release another update, I know there's plenty of War's who tank with the 5% Glad Stance reduction. This only happened because I always tank with Ravager.

As for 90 talents, they aren't currently tracked because I, personally, simply attach them to a macro so I auto-cast them whenever I Shield Slam. Certainly wasteful at times but I found myself forgetting to cast them far too much. Anyway, that doesn't even take into account Bladestorm, which id manually track, and my method is certainly not something every Prot War does, or wants to do. Another thing is, I really don't know where to put the aura, perhaps above Ravager? Would definitely fit in Ravager's spot nicely if you took one of the other 2 talents.

Good feedback, both things I had done for myself that I forgot about.

Here's updated auras: (moved Ravager above Dragon Roar, fixed all the Gladiator Stance stuff, and added lvl 90 talents)
    http://pastebin.com/qaVv8qMZ
    Going to wait and test them again in raid environment before fully releasing.
    Last edited by khakhan; 2015-11-15 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Any reason to track Devastate?

It's there to show the GCD and to show if i'm not using the GCD (turns red). Reminds me to keep up the devastate spam between cd's.

Awesome thankyou. I hope you plan on playing and keeping this up during Legion, I just redesigned my entire UI around it.

Ok, updated the aura's with having Avatar / Bloodbath / Bladestorm shown where Ravager was and moved Ravager above Dragon Roar. Since I try to always use one after the other, it makes sense to me. I also added a Potion timer that gets huge when Bloodlust is active, so you remember to use it.
    Added "Choose a Stance!" that only shows up if you don't have any stance selected (if you change something in Gladiator, for example). Updated the main post but here they are.

*If updating, remember to delete "Children and group" the old auras*

I worked on my Fury set for awhile. Seems solid, but I don't get to play Fury enough to do a proper test. Check it out!
    Last edited by khakhan; 2016-07-27 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Hi Khakhan

I have tried the updated WA this weekend and I love them. Thank you for all the hard work and for the recent updates.

Pretty cool, I like the simplicity. I was wondering if you could add a tracker for enraged and how many seconds of enrage there is left, would be especially useful for gladiator.

Hey Khakhan,

Love the setup. However after importing and entering combat my aura does not show my rage bar above the health bar. Everything else seems to work fine.

Any idea's on how to fix it? I have tried re-importing and it's the same problem with both the older version and the now updated version.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    It shows for me Dragonroar despite having shockwave as talent, how do I fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tublerone View Post
    It shows for me Dragonroar despite having shockwave as talent, how do I fix it?
    I just figured out how to fix this. Go to weak auras and go into the group and find the weak aura called "dragon roar glow glad", go to the "load" option, and scroll down until you get to the "talent selected" part, uncheck the checked boxes, and check the "dragons roar" box. As far as I can tell, problem solved.