Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I wonder if Blizzard hires "difficult people"?

Because there is a ton of Legion stuff happening that looks like it was taken from my post history on the official forums.

I'm not saying it was, because that's crazy, right?
    (nervous laughter)
    <_<
    >_>

right?

butnosrsly.

Blizzard owns the forums, and the content on those forums (magic of EULAs and forum agreements), and all I am saying is maybe I have a hazy future in game development if it turns out they use their forum content as a source of game content ideas?

/holds up cardboard sign

"Trading game design ideas for food and shelter"

Nosrsly i nerd a jerb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really surprising that they cull ideas from their forums. Any business worth their salt would do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be from your forum posts. They probably draw many ideas from there. I'd say the odds are more than likely coincidence for a lot of it as well. There's only so many ideas, and I've often seen multiple suggestions posts that are basically the exact same idea.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I am 99% certain they stole my idea for a ret gap closer and gave it to DK's.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you link the posts you've made in the past? I don't know anything about Legion so it would be interesting to see the similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Can you link the posts you've made in the past? I don't know anything about Legion so it would be interesting to see the similarities.
    I probably could but the official forum search function is powered by 1m3 of dead rodent, and i am too lazy to sift through my mental diarrhea from 8 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emageht Tsoluoy View Post
    I probably could but the official forum search function is powered by 1m3 of dead rodent, and i am too lazy to sift through my mental diarrhea from 8 months ago.
    You don't have to sift through it, just tell us the kind of things you suggested and what they used.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL I once though of having ashbringer on my alt ret paladin... blizz stole my idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is true and you are right - then someone who suffered through your "mental diarrhea" from 8 months ago deserves a medal.

And no, i don't believe that they take their changes from boards/forums. They do take hints on what people write there, but don't copy/paste it into the game or the game would be over in late vanilla.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-11-10 at 04:33 AM. Reason: lol at "metal diarrhea"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So op are you the guy we need to talk to about selfie cam and twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    So op are you the guy we need to talk to about selfie cam and twitter?
    I invented garrisons. My bunker is shut tight, you're not getting to me.

They called me and asked for my ideas. I was expecting a paycheck afterwards so I called them back, but it went straight to voicemail

Back in my starcraft playing days I posted that player chat should have their color beside them so you knew who you where talking too, they never did it but WC3 had it, it probably wasn't but I like to imagine they read my post and took my idea

Any good company will listen to its player base, sometimes its a good thing sometimes its a bad thing, like personal loot in dungeons, they listen to the wrong people, I was happy when it had a huge backlack on the forum when they went to the old system

15+ Year Old Account
    The Shadowpriest idea (Insanity, etc) was based on a much more robust system I proposed a few months back, and which to which Celestalon responded.

I had proposed a system where Shadow would have two resources, Willpower and Insanity. Willpower would build up as we dealt damage and increase our DoT damage etc, using our finishing moves like Devouring Plague would cause Insanity - and Insanity would decay rapidly over time.

The goal would be to distribute your finishing moves so that they never trigger Full Insanity (ex. pressing 2 finishing moves within a couple GCDs of one another). If they did, we would lose all our Willpower, and enter a brief high damage state called Apotheosis.

In Apotheosis our appearance and spell priorities would change dramatically, we would deal high burst damage - but when it ended we would have no Willpower again. On most fights the important mechanic would be trying hard to not trigger Apotheosis - but on some fights with high damage burst phases (ex. Gorefiend bonus damage phase, etc) it may be worthwhile to give into Insanity for the temporary advantages.

Or if your raid was going to wipe in the next ~10 seconds unless some add dies, worth it to trigger Apotheosis at the cost of an overall damage loss to help save the raid. Unlike most classes who would be anxious to get their cooldowns back so they could blow them ASAP and do all the damage - Shadow would spend most fights trying hard to not use their damage cooldown.

I thought that was a unique and interesting system, but they clearly decided the Willpower mechanic was too much for them - so they just implemented my Insanity system and changed Apotheosis to Void Form, because they hate cool words (and interesting designs).

So to answer your question, yes they absolutely do read the forums - including MMO-Champion
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-11-10 at 05:06 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I thought that was a unique and interesting system, but they clearly decided the Willpower mechanic was too much for them - so they just implemented my Insanity system and changed Apotheosis to Void Form, because they hate cool words (and interesting designs).
    They gave Apotheosis to Holy.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    They gave Apotheosis to Holy.

10 QQ's
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    The demon envasion is just a new "ghoul invasion" which we had in end of vanilla, befor naxxramas was opened. Huge flying undead buildings outside major city's , daily q in plaguelands and stuff, connected to what was about to happen. Or was the flying buildings around wotlk, can't remember, it also had naxxramas ...

Any business worth their salt would take ideas from wherever they can get them. Would be stupid not to. Especially when the avenue is the forum specifically for the game you're running and players who play your game are telling you this is what they like and are willing to continue giving you money for.

They must not look at the PvP forums then because people have been posting ways to balance broken spec and class mechanics for years and Blizzard ignores every one of them.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN