Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    They must not look at the PvP forums then because people have been posting ways to balance broken spec and class mechanics for years and Blizzard ignores every one of them.
    Maybe their suggestions aren't that good? Everyone thinks they're an armchair developer.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Maybe their suggestions aren't that good? Everyone thinks they're an armchair developer.
    Well, with Cyclone being considered a worse CC than stuns, yeh...

PvP is a bit more difficult, I think

Like, forum goers usually complain about hunters, ferals and warlocks. Blizzard though, state that they balance for 3v3 purposes, and when those specs aren't well-represented, they don't care. Though it seems ferals are very well represented, so I'll shrug at that

Take me. I play a destruction warlock. I think ferals and dks can suck dick,every day, all day. Then the ferals will go "but we don't have barkskin! We fall over! Especially in a stun! [which totally doesn't happen at all with other classes]". Then the ferals and dks will complain about locks' selfhealing. PvP forums are ... not really constructive.

What is "difficult people"?

9 out of 10 times when I see a somewhat good suggestion on the forums (be it PvP or PvE) it's too convoluted for WoW. They must be playing a different game if they think some of those suggestions will be heard. The devs are known to favor "simplistic" and easy to approach design.

Deleted
    No they didn't, literally everything they are going to change comes from their other games, adventure mode and legendaries from diablo 3, the new quest design comes from Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, etc, etc.

The class changes are not original either, in most of the cases they are just going back to previous iterations of the game before someone fucked up like the retard that suggested holy power was a good idea for paladins, or the one that ruined affliction warlock gameplay in pandaria.

If anyting what it looks like is that their bosses told them to copy what was working for their other games instead of implementing their "revolutionary ideas" that created the amazing expansion we know was Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't post that often on the WoW forums here, but a few months ago there was a thread on what people felt was the biggest flaw of WoD. I remember my post being a lack of 'class fantasy and theme', because after playing almost every class as an alt, enough to pug normal/heroic, I felt like they all just felt like a generic class-less champion with the samey garrison and nothing that made them feel like their class in the activities they had to do.

Then a month or so later, gamescon, and voila Legion is all about class fantasy revamping. Kinda proud I managed to feel that issue, while very few other people on the forum ever spoke about it.
    Awwww look how smart you are!!! Thats great!!! Keep it up big girl!!!

Blizzards had 10 straight years of incompetent decisions regarding WoW PvP balance.

I think its time to listen to those armchair devs.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

15+ Year Old Account
    PvP isn't a priority for Blizzard. They say they balance around 3v3, but what they mean is overall class representation - not spec representation - not at the Gladiator+ level - and not to within a single percentage point the way the players want.

If 33% of Arena participants are Warriors, they recognize that's a problem. If 0% of Arena participants are Fury Warriors, that's not a problem: in their view. If 15% of Arena participants are Warriors, but 0% of them are Gladiators - that's not a problem in their view. If 15% of Arena participants are Warriors and 5% are Rogues, "meh - close enough" in their view.

Players want League of Legends esque micro-tuning - where the goal is to ensure every spec of every class has a ~50% win rate in every bracket, on every map. Blizzard DGAF.

Once people understand that (as I did with WoD), offering suggestions for PvP balancing really becomes a waste of time: unless you're either adding new and fun functionality that is super easy to implement (the development unicorn), or you're identifying a colossal imbalance for them (ex. 33% of participants are warriors).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear they took some of my Mistweaver ideas I even talked to a dev at Blizzcon about them! #truth