Page 5 of 203 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    seems like nobody playing paladin healer if this changes hold up. Shame they ruining class like this.
    Wat? This is EPIC CHANGE! Mastery will be very good for stacked fights and there will be talent which also trigger our mastery from proximity to Beacon. Our current mastery is just too powerful. New mastery gives us new interesting playstyle and there is no longer "herp-derp crit>mastery>haste cause because" - some fights will favor mastery, some do not. I like keeping two different sets on my char to switch between them when they're needed.

I'm only disappointed for no changes to Holy Light and Flash of Light. Still the same amount healed. It's boring. I'd like to see super strong and expensive Holy Light and super weak and cheap Flash of Light.

Keep in mind that you won't necessarily want to be in melee if it's the ranged taking a lot of damage on a given fight. The goal seems to be wherever the healing needs to be and to just make that position work for you.

What's actually way worse than the mastery is LoD being a cone again. That doesn't actually work in WoW because cones don't have the visual targeting that they need to effectively pick the right targets. The worst feeling in the world when using a cone is to think you can get someone but they're just outside its range. Cones are just really bad for healing, unusable even. I don't really get how they plan on making that work.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers the days of the holy flashlight, it's not that bad. It was an OK change when they made it non-directional but having it be back to its original form will not break the game, I promise.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    seems like nobody playing paladin healer if this changes hold up. Shame they ruining class like this.
    lol

i dunno how anyone can think this mastery is bad. it's a better version of harmony/shaman mastery lol

at this moment and this state i am happy with the changes. as a holy paladin you can now get a specific assigment in a raid and stick to that or roaming around where the most dmg will be. seems more active to me. LoD being a cone again makes this ability dynamic again. reminds me of wild star and i liked that concept alot.
    one thing i would like to know, if the mastery got a minimum distance. like "full mastery bonus at 0–5 yards" or something. so that so REALLY don't need to stay on top of a player to get the full benefit. on fights like gorefiend where u need to spread out.

now, lets see what mw monks are getting.
    Last edited by siccora; 2015-11-10 at 07:47 AM.
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Changes look cool. They addressed the core game play problem of Holy which is this biggest thing that needed to be addressed. Mastery is going to be interesting, the Beacon talent they previewed makes sense and makes the Mastery a lot more appealing. Light of Dawn being pushed to a cooldown is a good change. Where did Holy Radiance and Eternal Flame go? Time will tell, probably talents.

Time will tell if Mastery becomes completely ignored like it is with Marks hunters, or if it turns out to be strong based on fights.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    What's actually way worse than the mastery is LoD being a cone again. That doesn't actually work in WoW because cones don't have the visual targeting that they need to effectively pick the right targets. The worst feeling in the world when using a cone is to think you can get someone but they're just outside its range. Cones are just really bad for healing, unusable even. I don't really get how they plan on making that work.
    LoD was actually never a cone it was more of a heal people in a square infront of you. It will be fun to see how its actually going to work in legion, I do think 15 yards is too low but thats just a number that needs changing and the cone is really not bad if its the same as it was in the past. Since LoD is a casted spell too I am going to asume that there will be some sort of indicator of who is within its range like the indicator they added to halo for example.

Deleted
    I'm not sure why you'd need to keep track of positions for your mastery that intensely. With that passive, if you stay in ranged, wouldn't basically the whole raid benefit from your mastery? Even if the ranged needs to spread: the melee should be covered because of beacon, tanks I suppose get the full benefit, and you'll still probably be close enough to quite a few ranged. Based on previous raid bosses this mastery should be quite ok in most cases.
    Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the passive.
    Since the crit mechanics stayed with IoL, I guess you'll want crit again anyway.
    And I guess HR is gone.

Deleted
    I am a bit skeptic about the changes. They basically want paladins to chase after people without being given utility to do so. With holy shock being a 10 second cooldown there is not much a paladin could do on the move, except maybe cursing about his situation. I think LoD, being already gated behind cooldown and requiring positioning should be instant to compensate - could be nice on fights where a cluster of people has to run from one place to another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't get why people use raids in WoD as an example to explain how good/bad the mastery is. Those raids and bossfights has nothing to do with the mastery, as they will be irrelevant. We don't know how the bossfights in Legion will be, so discussing it with HFC examples is pointless.
    You are right, there will be new raids with new mechanics. But its not like Blizzard will reinvent raiding completely. There sure will be fights/phases where we will be stacked and our mastery will shine and there will be fights/phases where we are spread and our mastery will be less effective.

Only thing I'm kind of worried about is handling debuffs. We used to be really good at healing debuffs/mechanics that forced someone to soak/handle them away from the rest of the raid (think Archimonde fire, Socrethar gift, Zakuun befouled etc.). This is a very old and much used mechanic and will most likely happen every other Legion bossfight in some form or another.
    Obviously depends how much range we are talking about when it comes to the new mastery but I find it strange to think that we aren't those great spot healers anymore when it comes to certain debuffs since our mastery might do actually nothing on those.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I don't know, did you?

The only times the raid is somewhat spread is during P1 and running out the debuff during P2.

Your mastery isn't the difference between life and death for the mage if you do your job and heal him regardless of his proximity to your location.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the fault lies in individuals like you whinging each tier on how weak their spec is. When it's not.
    Okay I wasn't even going to respond to this as I haven't even said anything on the spec's strength?? But I didn't even play this tier so there goes your argument.

What makes you think the mastery isn't the difference between life and death and what kind of argument is this? You don't know how potent of a heal the mage will need, you don't know how much the mastery will matter. I will admit yes the mastery won't be as frustrating if it pretty much doesn't matter; but then it will be a garbage mastery anyways.

The raid is spread and running for bombs in P1 and for that fight you have to be 8yd apart from everyone. There is no guaranteeing your spot in the fight as people move in/out for the debuff so you will be moving a lot. Good luck moving about 10yd closer to people that need healing the most?? Basically you won't, the healing you do will be incosistent and that to me is clunky.

On topic : the mini CDs on Holy Shock and LoD and the removal of Holy Power are very welcome. Light of the Martyr can be really strong with Beacon on self?
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2015-11-10 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    lol

i dunno how anyone can think this mastery is bad. it's a better version of harmony/shaman mastery lol
    People like to complain, you of all people should know that.

I'm sad to see the beacon and only ST heal playstyle get pushed even more, maybe the talents can fix this, but I'm not gettings my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by satyric View Post
    People like to complain, you of all people should know that.

I'm sad to see the beacon and only ST heal playstyle get pushed even more, maybe the talents can fix this, but I'm not gettings my hopes up.
    The only time hpally hasn't been a ST/cleave healer was during SoO while being spec'd SH. I really doubt they will get away from the single target/ cleave healing model. If you don't like it I would seriously consider rerolling
    Last edited by Virsta1; 2015-11-10 at 03:02 PM.
    I love holy paladin and holy paladin culture.

The new mastery is a joke compared to the actual mastery. yay more overheal.

Deleted
    They took our shields (massive armor decrease) with the artifact offhand being a book... and then place us in melee range.
    I don't know what to think of this.

No more holy power? Auras returning???

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblez View Post
    They took our shields (massive armor decrease) with the artifact offhand being a book... and then place us in melee range.
    Armor isn't even a relevant stat for anyone but a tank since MoP. Unless you are talking about PvP.
    I love holy paladin and holy paladin culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblez View Post
    A shield is roughly worth as much in armor as a chest and a helm, it hardly matters. And its not like you will be sitting in melee or on the tanks as you're still going to get hit by ranged mechanics. The mastery is out of our control, either we still stack for easy healing or we will be spread out for mechanics.

It also doesn't even make sense lore wise. Seriously when I was reading things like "Paladins as plate healers should be up and close!" in the forums I always giggled and thought it made no sense.. Paladin Healers are pretty much Priests anyway. What do they even do when they get closer to people to heal them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It will be balanced around the average player.
    Do you mind beating other healers by being a better player?
    i think paladins are used to beating other healers because they're playing paladins lmao

i'm still struggling to comprehend how people can think this mastery is bad