Page 2 of 203 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post

Light of the Martyr together with bubble creates a pretty cool dynamic atleast for pvp and 5 mans. Critting may be an issue if you can crit on yourself but I doubt you will be able to do that.
    It will also be something to spam during movement. Just wondering how careful we will have to be with it.
    I love holy paladin and holy paladin culture.

Hi everyone! Back from the magic that is BlizzCon and I was at the super secret (not really) class Q&A that took place during the main stage Q&A which is where I found out about the changed mastery.

Resolve is just gone. It is not being replaced with anything. Active mitigation from tanks is going to be tempered a little so not having AM up won't splat a tank quite as easily and they'll have more baseline defense.

I also have another little tidbit for you fabulous folks and this is from a dev so likely reliable until at least 5 minutes after he told me which is that MW Monks are losing their immunity to ranged mechanics.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virsta1 View Post
    It will also be something to spam during movement. Just wondering how careful we will have to be with it.
    I wonder if protector of the innocent will make a return?

Deleted
    I'm hyped as fuck for the Aura talents and being a melee healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virsta1 View Post
    If we go by the exact wording of the spell its basically a 1:1 damage/healing done. Asuming we heal for the same percentages as in Highmaul it should be fairly spammable but it becomes a huge issue if the damage part of it scales with anything. Imagine using an int pot + 3min wings and then critting you will probably 2 shot yourself (and 1 shot in good gear).

I really love the idea of this spell as long as the damage portion does not scale with short term buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I wonder if protector of the innocent will make a return?
    Assuming the Glyph will be reworked or removed with no more WoG.

- - - Updated - - -

If we go by the exact wording of the spell its basically a 1:1 damage/healing done. Asuming we heal for the same percentages as in Highmaul it should be fairly spammable but it becomes a huge issue if the damage part of it scales with anything. Imagine using an int pot + 3min wings and then critting you will probably 2 shot yourself (and 1 shot in good gear).

I really love the idea of this spell as long as the damage portion does not scale with short term buffs.
    It will be really really interesting. I like the idea of the spell a lot. Also short term buff auras coming back is awesome. I hope it's something along the line of PI but not as powerful and more spammable.

First off, where are ability tooltips? The other classes have them...

Anyway. Let's see.

Holy power... gone. Okay. Good riddance I suppose.

LotM... it sounds like its health loss will hurt (because if it doesn't, it will be summarily ignored and they clearly want it to be a mechanism to limit LotM spam). Which means its effective throughput will be significantly lower. No tooltips yet, but my prediction is that you will lose half the health you heal.

LoD... wait, that "frontal cone" nonsense again?

HR... where did that one go? Oops. I guess we're stuck with a single AoE heal on a 12 second cooldown. Charming.

- - - -

The whole thing really makes no sense. Our AoE healing spell has weird positioning requirements, and our mastery has different positioning requirements that might or might not play nice with LoD. On top of all of this, it's safe to say raid encounters will have still more positioning requirements, probably conflicting with both LoD and our mastery.

All in all, this is just bad design. It's beyond any player's ability to figure out the best way to heal their group/raid without specialized addons. I mean, sure, I'll be there writing a healing addon the moment I get a chance to do so, but I really, really think I shouldn't have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's anything wrong with hpal being further shifted away from AoE healing.

Also depending on how good these auras are, LoD being a short cone doesn't really matter, because everyone will want to stack on you.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-11-10 at 02:04 AM.

The problem is that the Holy Paladin mastery makes no sense in terms of Raid-Frame healing. It literally requires a subpar style of healing to make the most of the mastery.. it's so clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post

HR... where did that one go? Oops. I guess we're stuck with a single AoE heal on a 12 second cooldown. Charming.
    If anybody complains about HR getting removed I am going to be convinced that person is crying just to be annoying... It already is a button we never press in WoD.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2015-11-10 at 02:07 AM.

I don't think there's anything wrong with hpal being further shifted away from AoE healing.
    Oh, nothing wrong with it. Except perhaps the inevitable too much AoE damage on this fight, let's bench our <class XYZ> thing. Wouldn't be the first time, you know.

Deleted
    LoD... wait, that "frontal cone" nonsense again?

When it comes to LoD and our mastery it really is not so bad, as I see it there are 2 viable posistions (that we already use 99% of the time). Either we stand right behind the melee and heal them or we stand right behind ranged and heal them.

We also dont know for sure if they are removing HR since a lot of stuff is just being left out of that preview. I would like to know what is going to happen to hand of sacrifice, this spell is cancer without the glyph (major glyphs are gone if you missed it) so I hope they bake that in, make it work like the warlock cooldown that drains your hp over time or worst case just removes the ability. I really really do not want it work like it does on live without the glyph.

Also depending on how good these auras are, LoD being a short cone doesn't really matter, because everyone will want to stack on you.
    If they are actually on top of you, they probably won't get healed by your LoD. They have to be in front of you instead. Good luck making sure you have damaged people in front of you without an addon.

Oh, nothing wrong with it. Except perhaps the inevitable too much AoE damage on this fight, let's bench our <class XYZ> thing. Wouldn't be the first time, you know.
    When has there ever been a fight that has so much AoE damage that Hpally has been benched? When has Hpally actually ever been benched?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    The problem is that the Holy Paladin mastery makes no sense in terms of Raid-Frame healing. It literally requires a subpar style of healing to make the most of the mastery.. it's so clunky.
    I dont agree with this, ranged usually has a ranged camp and melee usually has a melee camp. If you dont know who is ranged and who is melee in your raid you have much bigger issues. Sure there will be some fights where everyone is just spread but at that point you are better off just healing whoever is lowest since raid damage tend to be low on these types of fights anyways.

When it comes to LoD and our mastery it really is not so bad, as I see it there are 2 viable posistions (that we already use 99% of the time). Either we stand right behind the melee and heal them or we stand right behind ranged and heal them.
    Do you consider it a good situation where you do OK healing to one half of the raid and subpar healing to the other half? I don't.

We also dont know for sure if they are removing HR since a lot of stuff is just being left out of that preview. I would like to know what is going to happen to hand of sacrifice, this spell is cancer without the glyph (major glyphs are gone if you missed it) so I hope they bake that in, make it work like the warlock cooldown that drains your hp over time or worst case just removes the ability. I really really do not want it work like it does on live without the glyph.
    It's definitely possible that the previews are incomplete, but do you think they would actually leave out a key tool in our toolbox?

I did miss the part about major glyphs. This will make things... interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically Heavy AoE fights also have very high ST damage on random targets, so hpal will still excel.

If they are actually on top of you, they probably won't get healed by your LoD. They have to be in front of you instead. Good luck making sure you have damaged people in front of you without an addon.
    LoD is not hard to manage. You must have not played during Cata.

Deleted
    Seems we got the D with this one.

I dont agree with this, ranged usually has a ranged camp and melee usually has a melee camp. If you dont know who is ranged and who is melee in your raid you have much bigger issues. Sure there will be some fights where everyone is just spread but at that point you are better off just healing whoever is lowest since raid damage tend to be low on these types of fights anyways.
    On a lot of fights people have to be seperated and can't be stacked. You are going to need an addon to play your spec optimally in that situation and even then most of our kit is made of casted spells (this will of course depend on how strong certain abilities will be.) Get ready to healing via GPS arrows boys.

Deleted
    You handle it the same way you did in cataclysm. You take 1 step back and voila. You have a lot of control over it tbh. And it wasn't hard at all to use. I never liked it being full circle.