Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    CRZ Servers Merged etc. Your server is probably not a small community anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It sounds like you're a little disappointed that nobody disliked you enough to care.
    Exactly. I've been a part of a few different wow server communities, and even the biggest personality is forgotten a month after he/she leaves. 99.9% of people don't remember you, and most of the rest don't give a shit.
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

Just change your server and character name. Go to target server, make a level 1 character with the same name, then transfer.

I have been in a situation similar, back when server communities were smaller, and you had reps, I wasn't liked very much. Not because I was toxic, but because I didn't kiss anyones ass. I still see people every now and then that I had issues with but people either moved on or just don't give a shit lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    One possible reason for them to not remember you is that the server communities are not so elaborate as they used to be. But, like others have said, you overestimating your "assholiness" is just as likely.

I miss the era when your reputation on the server mattered, probably because I like to think that a person's actions will have a meaningful impact on his or her later life. Of course often it is not like that, but it was nevertheless nice to have someone remember you because they had a good time playing with you. Me myself remember the bad apples more easily than the good experiences, so when I don't remember someone it usually means they were at least okay. Of course it is a little awkward when someone comes to you "hey man it's you, remember when we had a good time!" and my response is something like "oh yeah, it's you..... do I know you?".

But anyways, it is very nice to see that some people grow out of their teenage assness. Some people stay like that all their lives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the extent of vegefulness you're likely to encounter, at worst:

People will ignore your LFM-messages in Trade/General-chat, maybe mention something on Vent to teir guildies about "the asshole [name] being back.".

That's it. Unless you were a ridiculously dedicated piece of shit, in which case someone might actively hunt you down in PvP if they notice you're there. But still be "done" after that one or two BGs.

So no biggie, welcome back, gratz on the self-improvement!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Exactly. I've been a part of a few different wow server communities, and even the biggest personality is forgotten a month after he/she leaves. 99.9% of people don't remember you, and most of the rest don't give a shit.
    I think you're overestimating peoples rep.

I'm sure people still remneber a dude named Hellsbargain on Zul'Jin. That guy is legend.

I think on the internet these things fade quicker because we're such a large pool of people. Stay on track, don't be an ass to people, that's all anyone ever asked for in the first place, even the ones who never knew your name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Video game stuff isn't worth being vengeful over for most people. Real life acts, carried out against the wrong person, can be a whole other ball of wax.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Five to four years ago, when I was a teenager, I had a lot of stereotypical negative traits including a foul temper, severe emotional issues, and was in a rebellious phase. Like a lot of people I've talked to since then, I made a mistake of making Warcraft (or rather, Blizzard games) my identity and only felt alive when playing. Naturally my bad personality translated into the social aspects of the game, and, while it did not cause enough trouble to get me banned or even close to it, I was hugely disliked across my server and seen as a pest. After years of absence, I return to WoW as an adult with a radically different mindset and personality simply because I grew up and dealt with all the hardships since. I deeply regret and question how I acted as a teen in the game when a lot could have gone differently if I was as I am now, but there's no changing what was done then.

Despite my assumptions and coming back to the game with the same name and passing by a few people that knew and disliked me, no one seems to care. I haven't been bothered at all and make new friends with how I am now, but I am still anxious people might have vendettas even though nothing has come of it.

If anyone would have issues it might be this guy. Angwe, the Legend.

http://liquidcode.org/~lostman/wow/d...e/stuff/angwe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._warcraft_ama/
    Last edited by Oktoberfest; 2015-11-11 at 07:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Only one or two douchebag people from my WoW time were worth remembering their name. No one really cares. I remember a lot of nice people though.
    i remember every single person that wrongs me. both off and online. EVERY single one.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i remember every single person that wrongs me. both off and online. EVERY single one.
    /cower *Must not mention my love for draenei*

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Five to four years ago, when I was a teenager, I had a lot of stereotypical negative traits including a foul temper, severe emotional issues, and was in a rebellious phase. Like a lot of people I've talked to since then, I made a mistake of making Warcraft (or rather, Blizzard games) my identity and only felt alive when playing. Naturally my bad personality translated into the social aspects of the game, and, while it did not cause enough trouble to get me banned or even close to it, I was hugely disliked across my server and seen as a pest. After years of absence, I return to WoW as an adult with a radically different mindset and personality simply because I grew up and dealt with all the hardships since. I deeply regret and question how I acted as a teen in the game when a lot could have gone differently if I was as I am now, but there's no changing what was done then.

Despite my assumptions and coming back to the game with the same name and passing by a few people that knew and disliked me, no one seems to care. I haven't been bothered at all and make new friends with how I am now, but I am still anxious people might have vendettas even though nothing has come of it.
    My server has someone with a similar story who has never lived it down despite name changes and everything else. He is still universally reviled. Should have server hopped. But if you're not experiencing hate, than I'd be inclined to assume you were less of a pariah in your angsty teen years than you think. People will let you know if they are vengeful. Doesn't sound like that's the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pyllypaladin View Post
    I miss the era when your reputation on the server mattered...
    There's lots of servers where it still does. Just come to a small-medium pop server if you want that sort of experience. I'm on Silvermoon-US and server rep is still a big deal here.

10+ Year Old Account
    /cower *Must not mention my love for draenei*
    your going on the list now.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

your going on the list now.
    :c At least I will be with other draenei lovers!

10+ Year Old Account
    :c At least I will be with other draenei lovers!
    they have all been eliminated by yours truly.

they have all been eliminated by yours truly.
    >.< At least I will die knowing I never gave up my love for the adorable goat people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It sounds like you're a little disappointed that nobody disliked you enough to care.
    lol We care long enough to put them on ignore and then it doesn't matter. Used to be an addon called... fuck, Battleblocker or some shit, that'd block an entire account (I can't seem to find it now).

So, OP... no one really cares. Maybe someone if you ninja looted Ashes of Alar to yourself or something back then, but everyone has most of those things now and so have gotten over it or just simply have you blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================