Caitlin/Bruce Jenner at Women of the Year Awards

I recently read an article that he was at some "Women of the Year" conference. Not sure if he actually won anything but here's the article:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/2015-gla...170120193.html

Anyways, yeah it's not easy coming out to the world as a transgendered person, I get it, but from everything I've heard, Jenner still has a penis. I understand that it's probably wired into his genetics that he wants to be a female but it seems this is getting a bit absurd. What I'm trying to understand - is there this Santa Claus type of complex where he wants to be a female so everyone is pretending because it's a nice thing to do? Or do people feel that he somehow is a female, despite having a penis, simply because he wants to be a female?

Like if I wanted to be a vampire, but I'm not one but I have something wired in my brain saying "you're a vampire" does that mean I can start to gain public acceptance? I'm figuring this topic has been done to death on this forum but just thought I'd get some opposing views here. The whole matter just seems really bizarre.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I can admire her for doing the whole transgender thing, she and the rest of the family are just horrible human beings...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow threads on transgender issues, because they turn into nothing but transbashing and flaming. Locking this before it goes there.