Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im alright with it being taxed at the same level as every other necessity (such as food), but it shouldnt be taxed the same as luxury items. Unless you think not bleeding everywhere is a luxury...
    I really had no idea that they were taxed as a luxury item. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    So we have ISIS going crazy, Russia running roughshod over countries, Iran building nuclear reactors, Obama trampling over the constitution as if he were a king, NSA collecting data on every American, ally and enemy, 8+T in debt added in the last 6 years, the fed still manipulating monetary policy.............

Whats important? Forcing taxpayers to provide "free" tampons. Crazy
    The Wisconsin state legislature isn't really responsible for foreign policy or controlling "King Obama." God forbid they make the world slightly more convenient for women though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Can I as a Male get free Deodorant and High Quality Facial Razors please?

I mean if it's going to be about hygiene free for everyone?
    Do you have to apply deodorant suddenly without warning? If so, maybe. Do you find yourself needing to shave when using government buildings?

That is a good secondary point. You could more than likely make a good case that soap and deodorant are quite essential in today's society. Why do we pay for those?

What about the truest of true essentials, food and water? Why are we paying for essentials, people?

Whatever happened to being prepared?

Why should everyone be forced to pay for a product to give to someone else?

What will happen once word gets out that you can get free tampons at these locations? Are you willing to either keep an unlimited stock ready or create a tampon police to make sure people don't take more than 1?

Etc, etc, again, not surprised these lawmakers come up with this crap. In the end, they all just have terrible ideas left.
    I know I for one get all my toilet paper from public restrooms and keep none in my home, what with the government giving it away for free and no toilet paper police to regulate it! Take a deep breath, OP.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Do you have to apply deodorant suddenly without warning? If so, maybe. Do you find yourself needing to shave when using government buildings?
    Every female I've ever dated was always prepared for it. It's called being a responsible Human being.

15+ Year Old Account
    Men should get free razor's if Women get free tampons. Good luck getting employed if you have a facial hair like a homeless person.
    Last edited by Khadgar; 2015-11-11 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The real solution to this problem is to force the companies to make feminine products free at the source. Problem solved, worldwide, in literally 30 seconds of drafting bill and signing it.
    This displays total and utter ignorance of the realities of the world in which we live and the way in which market forces operate. The only "problem" such a bill would solve would be the problem of there being any company which would desire to make let alone distribute tampons ever again.

Things cost money, and more importantly, people who run businesses run them not for their own self satisfaction but to make money. The only reason any company makes anything is because they get money to do so, thus a legal mandate that a tampon manufacturer provide its products for free would result in either a) no tampons, b) government subsidies for tampons, or c) blackmarket sales of tampons.

The most likely outcome is b, which would would still mean that people are paying money for tampons, except now there is an additional middleman in the form of the government collecting taxes for such a subsidy, taking some portion off the top, and then giving it to the tampon manufacturers, who, no longer bound by considerations of "what real individuals are willing to pay for a product" could inflate the cost they report to the government. It would essentially be regressive taxation, and people would be paying more for tampons than they do now--just not directly.

At the same time, the argument that it is not right for there to be sales taxes on tampons because they are a necessity misses the fact that things that are even more essential, like food and drink, receive sales taxes. If your argument then would be, "nothing essential should have a sales tax," I would completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Every female I've ever dated was always prepared for it. It's called being a responsible Human being.
    Do you bring toilet paper everywhere?

Are stores legally required to offer free TP and paper towels or do they do it as a courtesy? If it is law to give TP and PT for free, then I can see the same being true for some basic fem products. Though I doubt many would want to use the cheapest option.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You're saying you don't have to make an offering of freshly-shaved body hair to government gods to get your issue addressed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wisconsin you never surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Are stores legally required to offer free TP and paper towels or do they do it as a courtesy? If it is law to give TP and PT for free, then I can see the same being true for some basic fem products. Though I doubt many would want to use the cheapest option.
    This bill is just for having them in government-run buildings. Since the government runs the buildings, the way they run them is their choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im alright with it being taxed at the same level as every other necessity (such as food), but it shouldnt be taxed the same as luxury items. Unless you think not bleeding everywhere is a luxury...
    Wow, that is stupid beyond belief. About to change reasonably soon I hope?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I think bathrooms are mandated, and I would assume health codes would be the reason why you offer stuff to help clean after. Just a guess though

Why should everyone be forced to pay for a product to give to someone else?
    This is the definition of taxes.

Oh yeah. Have fun having the most bargain brand tampon ever available for free. No one's buying the good kind to hand out.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't agree with this you are obviously a misogynist and a women hater

/s

edit: wow someone really thinks like that, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    OP is clearly a guy, and a terribly dickish and misogynistic one at that.

The real solution to this problem is to force the companies to make feminine products free at the source. Problem solved, worldwide, in literally 30 seconds of drafting bill and signing it.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2015-11-11 at 01:05 AM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Women got by for thousand and thousands and thousands of years without the fucking government tending to their vaginas.

But I've got a compromise.

Since this is all about freebies for people who just simply cant take care of themselves, I propose we coat these free tampons with a sort of long lasting spermicide.

I mean since the collective people are now claiming management over the individual vagina we might as well multitask.

People who cant afford a $7 box of tampons sure as fuck cannot afford a child.

Its in the communal best interest that they be sterilized.

Problem solved.
    Yeah and it was probably very annoying and frustrating for them. We also got by without Air conditioning for centuries. Doesn't mean it's not useful. Stop using that argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who had his couch cushion ruined by a woman on her period I fully support this.