Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    30 yards?! >_> Weird, on the videos it seems so much shorter, I guess I'll go look again.

I think Wordup said it was 20-25. I do think that it could use some additional effect similar to blink/disengage, not exactly snare removal but something.

Deleted
    Could also be lags ^^ didnt test it... thats why I said "or so".

10+ Year Old Account
    How does stormlash work? Does it only procs when attacking with rockbiter and flametongue? Or proc with anything?
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

enhance gets nerfed already =P

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    enhance gets nerfed already =P
    what nerfs

Deleted
    There's a chunk of new information now. From an enh shaman's PoV:

1) Those frost and lightning draenor wolf models are probably part of the Doom Wolf artifact perk.
    2) Reduced cd on astral recall (15 => 10m). Not bad, though I never really feel pressed there anyway, when taking your regular hearth stone into account.
    3) Far Sight usable indoors now? Sounds cool, though I cant picture applications for it just yet.
    4) Sundering goes from 30% of Spellpower to0 500% of ap. How will that translate to attractiveness in comparison to a 2nd SS from Stormfury and halved Feral Spirit cd, I wonder? Probably best choice for aoe (knockback a problem?).
    5) Lightning Shield still is very weak with 25% spellpower damage every 0.5s. Especially with the buff to sundering it seems underwhelming. I picture Lightning Shield similar to Combat/Outlaw Killing Spree while under the effect of Blade Flurry. Random damage to near targets. I'd assume it would have to deal comparable or even higher damage than killing spree, looking at how we cant concentrate all damage on one target even if we wanted to.
    6) I dont understand how Skyfury Totem gets nerfed and Thunderdoem remains as is. Imo, doubled damage to random targets around me sounds superior to +30% crit damage. Windfury doesn't look all that good in comparison either. Imagine though a 3shaman team with all totems out at the same time... XD
    7) Crash Lightning...
    causing Stormstrike and Lava Lash to deal an additional (75% of weapon damage) damage to all targets in front of you
    So basically our already strong SS and reasonably strong LL will deal 75% of weapon damage on top of doing aoe cone damage?....damn, aoe sounds like it's gonna be awesome.
    8) Spirit of the Maelstrom...currently it's 3 Maelstrom every 2 seks. Now 30 Maelstrom every ?? seks. If that's still 2 seks...6 seconds in MW will fill your bar then?! oO

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    There's a chunk of new information now. From an enh shaman's PoV:

5) Lightning Shield still is very weak with 25% spellpower damage every 0.5s. Especially with the buff to sundering it seems underwhelming. I picture Lightning Shield similar to Combat/Outlaw Killing Spree while under the effect of Blade Flurry. Random damage to near targets. I'd assume it would have to deal comparable or even higher damage than killing spree, looking at how we cant concentrate all damage on one target even if we wanted to.
    Lightning Shield hasn't changed at all, it's simply an updated tooltip to reflect how it worked already. It has no AoE aspect like Killing Spree Blade Flurry, it's simply a random single target hit to any of the tarets in range every 0.5.

7) Crash Lightning...
    So basically our already strong SS and reasonably strong LL will deal 75% of weapon damage on top of doing aoe cone damage?....damn, aoe sounds like it's gonna be awesome.
    No, it never did a cone. It simply deals the 75% splash, the cone was never there and was simply a badly worded tooltip, in the game files it was never actually dealing a percentage of the damage dealt, just a splash. It was however very buggy last pass proccing from auto attacks and being stubborn proccing from Stormstrike fully in some situations, that seems largely remedied.

Deleted
    I know that LS was unchanged dmg-wise. I was pointing at how I found it weird that in the same post they announce a very significant dmg increase to sundering (which was crap), they completely ignored LS, which is even worse.

Killing Spree blade flurry has an aoe component? Isn't it just a random attack while BF is up? Or do you mean the cleave effect of BF itself?

So Crash Lightning is an actual aoe? Dmg to all targets within x range?
    And from the wording, it seemed to me
    deal an additional (75% of weapon damage) damage
    That this may have been a change to CL, as I remember it being talked about in these forums that it's not as strong as we've thought, and this being the ~fix~.

I know that LS was unchanged dmg-wise. I was pointing at how I found it weird that in the same post they announce a very significant dmg increase to sundering (which was crap), they completely ignored LS, which is even worse.

Killing Spree blade flurry has an aoe component? Isn't it just a random attack while BF is up? Or do you mean the cleave effect of BF itself?
    The Sundering stuff is separate, that's why I just quoted the part on Lightning Shield since you put it in a separate point. In regards to KS, it's a random attack while BF is up, yes, but it's always going to trigger an AoE while that is happening and there's any targets nearby due to BF, while LS is 100% a single target spell.

So Crash Lightning is an actual aoe? Dmg to all targets within x range?
    And from the wording, it seemed to me That this may have been a change to CL, as I remember it being talked about in these forums that it's not as strong as we've thought, and this being the ~fix~.
    The triggers haven't changed, it's just been made more clear in the wording of the tooltip. I think it was found two months ago~ that it was never intended to do a splash and was misinterpreted by the wording of a dev tweet; obviously we weren't live so people were still riding on hope for the 75% of the attack's hit, and we couldn't test to check. It's always been splashing for an extra 75% weapon damage, what was missing was the weapon damage part in the initial tooltip, but the spell IDs always had it there.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Class Talent Status – We’re continuing to iterate on our class talents. This build has many talent revisions scattered around the classes, but an especially significant pass on many of the Mage talents (of all 3 specializations). Feedback there would be quite valuable. The feedback that we’ve gotten so far has lead us to make more significant revisions to several other classes and specs, that you’ll see in future builds, particularly Elemental, Enhancement, Marksmanship, Survival, and Blood.
    The next builds should be a bit more interesting for Shaman.

Gust of wind is great for leveling since it stops fall damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    Haha, I found a mob that grants you 500 Artifact Power everytime you save it as a Shaman. This only works for shamans since no other class can trigger the event.

http://i.imgur.com/mkbS404.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QQQ5mo8.jpg

Have fun
    That might be the shaman earth elemental follower actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Does Maelstrom fall over time like rage or it stay always at the same position if not spent/generated?
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Does Maelstrom fall over time like rage or it stay always at the same position if not spent/generated?
    From the video it seems it decays over time when not in combat.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Crashing Storm is way out place to be a level 90 talent, it is basically the same thing as the Fire Nova Glyph we have on live now.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Except worse because it's a buff, not a debuff. So you don't HAVE to hit everything with Crashing Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Except worse because it's a buff, not a debuff. So you don't HAVE to hit everything with Crashing Storm.
    Hmm? The main benefit is it increases the activation range for Crash Lightning base range, which is currently painfully low.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    They got rid of some of what was wrong with the current elemental (hint, hint, uselessness in PvP) but didn't really add anything new, honestly, these changes could have been implemented as quality of life changes for 6.2.

I'm not upset or anything, there's just not really anything to hype over, honestly, my main gripes are based on numerical issues and problems not attached to the core gameplay of Elemental.

Also I'm happy to see an equal balance of lightning and fire in Blizzard's description of elemental, I would have rerolled if this became fire mage 2.0.
    They should implement "move while Casting Lighting bolt" that would solv aloot of the unusfulness.

- - - Updated - - -

I really love the new Changes to the Elemental shaman " Elemental Overlord" everyday and always!!!

But, we lack in mobility since with all those spells we need to get malestrom, we need stand still at one spot.

BLIZZARD, we need LIGHTING BOLT - CAST WHILE MOVING, (Just like in Cataclysm)

This would give us the most needed Mobility and make us viable in pvp and hand us aloot of fun all over.

As a 7 - 8 Year shaman (Main for always and forever) this is the 1 thing I have always wanted and that I have always dreamed of!

Thanks in Advance

Does anyone have any footage of Icefury being used?
    Do not underestimate us.

New changes for Enh...some are very interesting