Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It would look like a logical world with standards, where people used their brains to make decisions, rather than foolishly catering to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    No, I just think there is a lot more unadulterated testosterone driven bravado in the conservative side. Everything becomes a contest and manhood measuring. We'd see a lot more brinksmanship (see; Putin) which I think would lead to a lot more war, and with the age of nuclear weapons it wouldn't end well.
    If you think that is what conservatives are about, you are drinking the media kool-aid (bottoms up!). Don''t listen to what the media spoon feeds you, inform yourself through your own research then get back to us, otherwise you are just wasting people's time with media talking points (we can get that from the tv).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It would look like a logical world with standards, where people used their brains to make decisions, rather than foolishly catering to everyone.

LOL

Almost made me spit water out all over my keyboard!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    LOL

Almost made me spit water out all over my keyboard!
    Why?
    Because you don't like conservatism you think its bad? Says allot about you but not about conservatism

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I would say the USA is very liberal actually. For example: look at the current immigration situation. You would call that a "conservative" approach to immigration? If the immigration situation alone isn't enough for you then look at the recent healthcare changes.
    I don't see how.

A great deal of our immigrants are here on worker visa's used to suppress wages for and outsource our middle class jobs while illegals many times are used to break up unions and suppress wages of entry level jobs. Most liberals I have seen want to allow legal immigrants here on visa's that are not making them slave labor to a corporate sponsor like what we have now and want to make it easier for people to become LEGAL immigrants, only idiots want the illegal ones let off scott free.

As for our healthcare, the ACA is still very much a right wing healthcare plan, it was actually originally proposed by the republican party during the 1990s as an alternative to single payer, Romney and Obama just took it and modified it slightly and put it up as their own. And the main reason why they really put it up there is because our previous healthcare system was horrible and the public was pushing for something to be done more and more so they took the most right wing approach they could to it so they could claim they did something. And as bad as it is in it's current state, it is STILL better than what we had prior.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    As the title says- How would a conservative America/Europe/World would look like? How would you imagine it looking like?

I'm ESPECIALLY interested in the answer IF you are a conservative.

I'm not looking to debate the merits of one world view against another, but I'm rather curious to how you imagine that world.
    Thread flawed before you even started.

English Conservatives are in power at the moment and they are doing a dam fine job with looking after the economy and having decent social stances.

They are nothing like American conservatives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    Thread flawed before you even started.

English Conservatives are in power at the moment and they are doing a dam fine job with looking after the economy and having decent social stances.

They are nothing like American conservatives.
    Ohh, this. Regardless of the judgment on our own conservatives' efficiency (mine, Italians, are downright stupid - not politically, humanly stupid), Europe's right wing is really something MUCH different than the US right wing. In a country like mine the Democrats, those awful lefties that are ruining your country, would be a right wing party, no doubt about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Except you replied to my first post with an ad hominem of your own. Hypocrisy much? What I stated earlier was all true, you just don't want to acknowledge it and admit I was correct.
    no i replied to your post with truth. i'm sorry if the truth hurts. but you ARE being delusional if you think that world would happen under a conservative anything. keep labeling the truth as ad hominem though.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Why?
    Because you don't like conservatism you think its bad? Says allot about you but not about conservatism
    i wouldn't engage with espe he's the liberal version of zombergy.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Right-wing = maintain the current status quo and traditions
    Left-wing = change the current status quo and traditions.

Too simple I know but that is the fundamental difference.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I don't see how.

A great deal of our immigrants are here on worker visa's used to suppress wages for and outsource our middle class jobs while illegals many times are used to break up unions and suppress wages of entry level jobs. Most liberals I have seen want to allow legal immigrants here on visa's that are not making them slave labor to a corporate sponsor like what we have now and want to make it easier for people to become LEGAL immigrants, only idiots want the illegal ones let off scott free.

As for our healthcare, the ACA is still very much a right wing healthcare plan, it was actually originally proposed by the republican party during the 1990s as an alternative to single payer, Romney and Obama just took it and modified it slightly and put it up as their own. And the main reason why they really put it up there is because our previous healthcare system was horrible and the public was pushing for something to be done more and more so they took the most right wing approach they could to it so they could claim they did something. And as bad as it is in it's current state, it is STILL better than what we had prior.
    The US is very liberal atm. If you cant see that, really there is nothing I can state that will sway your skewed view.

As for the ACA, like all stupid ideas, they should be thrown away. ACA is in no way conservative, it was an abomination then and it remains that way today. The mandate was thought up in a think tank and that doesn't mean the whole ACA is conservative. Its a direct opposite of what they think. It removes personal freedom/responsibility and in its place puts an all knowing and powerful, inefficient big government. In the end, like most government programs that uses force to achieve its goals, its a very democrat/(US)liberal idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I don't see how.

do you have any clue on how easy or hard it is to become a citizen legally? have you ever went thru the process? i have. along with many of my family. its not hard... problem is many of these illegals do not have a petitioner that can support them. in order for me to get my brother here i had to show i could support him. then we waited close to 6years for everything to be approved. my wifes son only took 1.5yrs cause he was under the age of 21. what you want i suppose to just open borders for anybody that wants to be come american... hard to convince the population to take in just anybody without vetting them first. and i think that is what a lot of liberals lack here, a perspective in reality.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Right-wing = maintain the current status quo and traditions
    Left-wing = change the current status quo and traditions.

Too simple I know but that is the fundamental difference.
    Right-wing = slow to change the current status quo and traditions
    Left-wing = fast to change the current status quo and destroy traditions.

Fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread title reminded me of this little gem from my 10th grade government class:

Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Right-wing = Regressives
    Left-wing = Progressives

It's not that difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Why?
    Educate yourself, even if just a little bit. Google the legislative agenda of Republicans and Tea Partiers over the last few years.

I'll give you a hint: the Tea Party didn't exist until Obama was inaugurated president. As for the Republicans, look up the "Southern Strategy." There is a reason several Republican senators have just been outed as members of the KKK.

Now match up what you know about their personal beliefs with their legislative agendas and.... tada!

It is really sad that I have to hold so many willfully ignorant hands through the whole process, as if I alone was capable of using google to look up information.

I shouldn't even need to say it but I'll leave you with this: Trump still leads the Republican presidential field which is stocked entirely with proud racists, sexists and homophobes.

Stay classy, conservatives
    Last edited by Espe; 2015-11-11 at 08:14 AM.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Not sure about england.

But overal the USA conservatism is too tied up into economic right........So for all it's principles it lead to corporatsm like it is now.

Netherlands we have a lot of political parties, and our conservatism isn't tied to economic right. It's more tied to religion which is central right and one very left which is about keeping the old economic social systems. Even our right wing parties are more left than Democrats.
    Although we have one corporat party that who knows how economic right it go if it could get away with it. Although it does get a lot of votes because it voices against immigration yet acts differently, but the alternative demonizes the immigrants. And it is does try to add the spirit of entrapeneurship and selfownership in it's speeches but doesn't really influence it.

Where it leads to in netherlands I can't say, but guess more family orientated and religious protection.

Rant:
    I really like the the more conservative values of self-responsibility and ownership, but when it comes to policy making it's stupid because all it ends up with is screw you guys.
    I'm also somewhat Tradionalistic, I value old traditions and culture but it's very odd thing tradionalist. Because things constantly change and when you realise something you value has changed not that long ago (a few decades) it becomes an odd argument to use.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    The US is very liberal atm. If you cant see that, really there is nothing I can state that will sway your skewed view.

As for the ACA, like all stupid ideas, they should be thrown away. ACA is in no way conservative, it was an abomination then and it remains that way today. The mandate was thought up in a think tank and that doesn't mean the whole ACA is conservative. Its a direct opposite of what they think. It removes personal freedom/responsibility and in its place puts an all knowing and powerful, inefficient big government. In the end, like most government programs that uses force to achieve its goals, its a very democrat/(US)liberal idea.
    Actually we aren't, Obama is a socially liberal while economically conservative and most of his stuff was blocked by the republican party for the majority of his presidency.

And I agree, the ACA should be thrown away and replaced with Single payer which has proven to be better quality and cheaper. But it is very much a plan brought forward by the conservative party in the 1990's while half the board that formulated it for Obama was republicans from what I read as his way of making it a compromise. It was basically the most right wing way of doing anything while still claiming they did something.

Getting rid of the ACA to go back to what we had would be a downgrade.

And if you hadn't noticed under Bush and now Obama, the republican party are no longer about personal freedom or responsibility and haven't been for a long time.

And when it comes to healthcare, leaving it to the private sector with a "For Profit" motive is worse as their literally can be no free market on something that is critical where the people who use it literally have no choice many times or options.

Free Market only works when both sides are informed (which is possible but unlikely on a large scale),
    where the consumer has many options (which they don't have),
    where the consumer has the option to do without (which they don't have).

As for me, I am neither conservative or liberal, I am a moderate. My view is that if what we have is better, stick with it, but if the alternative is better, go with that. Changing for changes sake is risky while staying put when you see something that is proven superior is just flat out stupidity.

Edit: Just a quick question, how old are you? I am 34 years old and managed to see the changes over the years.

A 1990's Republican is basically what we would call a modern day Democrat while the current republican's we have now would be considered Jihad level extremist republicans.

Judging by either the global political scale or even our own political scale as pegged in the 1950s, we would very much be considered a very Right leaning nation now. We are just starting to see the public starting to push the other way more.

Edit again: AFK, off to bed, will read up on this again later.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2015-11-11 at 08:23 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    this thread title reminded me of this little gem from my 10th grade government class:

When Ronald Reagan was president California was a republican controlled state. Mass immigration changed California and most of the republicans fled.

Deleted
    uhm America is quite conservative and so is Europe (Merkel is a conservative politician..)

Asia is very conservative too, especially when it comes to social norms etc

we live in a conservative world buddy and even though I don't agree with all conservative ideologies I wouldn't have it any other way
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-11-11 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know for a fact if America was purely conservative, religion would have a huge hold on things. Would be a rough life for the LBGT community without a doubt. Marijuana legislation as a possibility? forget it. I'm glad we at least have somewhat of a balance between the left and right.

My beef with the left is that they think their way of thought is far superior, which can be annoying. (I'm left leaning and have seen it from some people)

My beef with the right is that they are out of touch with the evolution of society. (socially backwards and uncaring towards social issues)

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Right-wing = Regressives
    Left-wing = Progressives

It's not that difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Educate yourself, even if just a little bit. Google the legislative agenda of Republicans and Tea Partiers over the last few years.

I'll give you a hint: the Tea Party didn't exist until Obama was inaugurated president. As for the Republicans, look up the "Southern Strategy." There is a reason several Republican senators have just been outed as members of the KKK.

Now match up what you know about their personal beliefs with their legislative agendas and.... tada!

It is really sad that I have to hold so many willfully ignorant hands through the whole process, as if I alone was capable of using google to look up information.

I shouldn't even need to say it but I'll leave you with this: Trump still leads the Republican presidential field which is stocked entirely with proud racists, sexists and homophobes.

Stay classy, conservatives
    actually there was a few current democrats outed in the anon thing... for a liberal you sure one of their lesser educated ones/