Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Dear elementals let me introduce "Tongues of Flame"

Yesterday wee saw our new changes for Legion, and there were few QoL for us. Some of them i honestly liked some of features were just meh. U know what i'm talking about. But still there was no solving to our target switching issue. But today when i woke up i actually got the "Newton apple" on my head. What if we could have the actual buff instead of Flame Shock "debuff" on target for Lava Burst damage?

Since we gotta use our brain to manage shocks for maelstrom - Bliz guys can't even tell us "It will be not challenging". It will be. But now we can switch to low hp adds w.o. spending GCD while we still got to pay attention for this buff uptime!

Here's the picture how it should work in my opinion:

If elemental community will like it i'll create same topic on official forums.
    P.S. Sorry for imperfect english and paint skills.

ALSO PLEASE UPVOTE AND COMMENT THIS TOPIC ON OFFICIAL FORUM
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16742794267
    Last edited by scorchmed; 2015-11-13 at 06:38 PM.

That's quite the awesome idea. Elementals need to push this during the beta, so simple, and fixes a huge problem.

Deleted
    Seems like a great idea, but looking at the changes they posted in the short change description(notice the word short, it does not in any way claim to describe all, or even most, of the changes), Blizzard seems to be implementing exactly what shamans have been asking for (unlink elementals from totems, change totems, remove shock cds, so on), so i think there is a good chance something akin to this, as well as lb on the move, will come in the form of a talent or artifact ability. Still, the idea is good, and it needs to be pushed in case blizzard hasn't come to the conclusion that this is absolutely required for the good of any target switching on low hp adds.

Good idea, and for the sake of PvP balance - make it dispellable.

Deleted
    This isn't really necessary though. With how Maelstrom interacts with shocks our target switching will be vastly better than it is now. Given FS can be cast with 0 Maelstrom (only lasts for 10 seconds) there's no reason why on target swap you couldn't just -

ES to spend all of your Maelstrom power (effectively a Fulmination)
    FS to debuff the target
    LvB

If the mobs going to live for longer than the 10 seconds, just use the Maelstrom generated from LvB to re-apply FS again. If not, cast LB to max Maelstrom and Earthshock again.

I like this better than what we currently have on live. I hate switching targets and casting a Lava Burst on something without a Flame Shock on it. Our mechanics condition us to make it feel like that's "wrong".

Why ever fix elem target switching?
    Leave it broken... do you even know how many Raid tiers would it cost to implement the change you are proposing?
    Perhaps in the next expansion, it is too late for legion.

/SARCASM
    Blizz will never do this, it has been shit like that since... TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    This isn't really necessary though. With how Maelstrom interacts with shocks our target switching will be vastly better than it is now. Given FS can be cast with 0 Maelstrom (only lasts for 10 seconds) there's no reason why on target swap you couldn't just -

FS to debuff the target
    LvB

If the mobs going to live for longer than the 10 seconds, just use the Maelstrom generated from LvB to re-apply FS again. If not, cast LB to max Maelstrom and Earthshock again.
    sounds good for me if the damage numbers are ok.
    current problem is definitely the lockout, which they remove in legion. target switching shouldn't be that problematic now.

Deleted
    That seems completely redundant to me. Might as well remove the 50% damage bonus from Lava Shock instead and just bake it in permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post

FS to debuff the target
    LvB

problem is how little damage FS does for a gcd on a mob that lives for such a short time.

if target swapping is needed you're still being benched for just about any other class, because it's a gcd to do nothing, vs aimed shot smashing the target for more damage than fs+lvb combined, and thats 1 gcd!

aimed shot smashing the target for more damage than fs+lvb combined, and thats 1 gcd!
    THIS! I'm tired to explain this to every1

Deleted
    Refreshing Flame Shock every 12 seconds is exactly the opposite of what we want to achieve. Plus it would be clunky and terrible in any single target encounter. There's nothing wrong with having a spell deal more damage to a target that is afflicted with a debuff, but the debuff needs a longer duration and the damage penalty should be less.

Refreshing Flame Shock every 12 seconds is exactly the opposite of what we want to achieve
    Gosh...12 seconds in the picture is just example. Buff should stay as long as Flame shock is on target, no matter is it 10 or 30 seconds. U understood me COMPLETELY wrong. Try to read 1 more time. But now with attention.

maybe something like "whenever you have a flame shock active on any target, you get the 50% damage buff" would be even better. this way people can remove the buff from you by dispeling flame shock and you would want to reaply flame shock to a new target asap when your previous target dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scorchmed View Post
    Gosh...12 seconds in the picture is just example. Buff should stay as long as Flame shock is on target, no matter is it 10 or 30 seconds. U understood me COMPLETELY wrong. Try to read 1 more time. But now with attention.
    So what's the point of the buff at all? What makes this better than just increasing Lava Burst's base damage?

Increasing base damage is too easy and not challanging at all. We should face some difficulty in our rotation, not a sarcasm.

Make Flameshock cost 0 to 100 Maelstrom with durations from 10s to 1m 50s and I would support that Lava Burst "buff".

I tend to agree with above, instead of complicating the issue just allow lava burst to do full damage always unconditionally?

Deleted
    Ensuring Flame Shock is up on something all the time somewhere adds no additional difficulty to the rotation since Flame Shock is always going to be up on something somewhere at all times regardless. So yeah, this suggestion doesn't actually change anything in terms of mechanics.

I wouldnt actually care if they just removed that mechanic TBH, I just want my lava blast to feel big again, its pretty limp at the moment considering how crazy it used to be.
    at the moment its just slightly better than lightning bolt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Ensuring Flame Shock is up on something all the time somewhere adds no additional difficulty to the rotation since Flame Shock is always going to be up on something somewhere at all times regardless. So yeah, this suggestion doesn't actually change anything in terms of mechanics.
    Flame shock should simply just be good enough on its own to warrant use, not rely on some crappy interaction