Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cool Race War? (2015-USA)

This year has been all about race. It's being marked and sensationalize but aside from that do you genuinely think we have a race issue in present day america? outside of police brutality how we pre judge people based on skin color or is that the first thing we see when meeting someone new. Do we generally perceive people as the media show them or have we gotten pass that stage? I know majority of the gaming community is of the European descent so I was interested if any of you notice a race issue in our country. I'm of African descent (Black-American/Jamaican) and I live in NYC and as liberal as it is here racism is strong and well. How do you guys feel? (I'm not here to preach BLMs or any other agenda) just wanted to see how people of European descent view our "Racial issues" in the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bait thread? (2015-MMOC)

15+ Year Old Account
    There's not much race issues here. You can find racists, of course, but unless you live out on in some remote country village it's unlikely to matter much. I'm not aware of any systemic issues.

Of course, if the media figured out race baiting was a cash cow here as well, the perception could easily be changed to "racism everywhere".

Race relations improve every year. Compare 1950 to 2015 if you don't believe me, yes it's improving very slowly but as long as it keeps moving in positive direction, that's fine.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The only thing I find distressing is the increasing amount of scrutiny about race and gender by both sides, it's like an arms race and I don't think it can possibly have a happy conclusion.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Of course, if the media figured out race baiting was a cash cow here as well, the perception could easily be changed to "racism everywhere".
    Their problem here is no matter what the jewish were the bigger victims so the argument does not compute.

Thats why there will never be an al sharpton/jesse jackson here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karthius View Post
    This year has been all about race.
    Only if you REALLY wanted it to be. Perhaps some introspection to find out why?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Its like when you organize a garage or closet. First thing you have to do is take everything out to look at it and figure out where it goes. Mid move, it looks ten time worse than it did when it was just piled in the back of a closet. But you can't organize it without taking it out.

That's what's going on. We're not sweeping everything under the rug and ignoring it, we're taking it out and looking at it so we can figure out where it goes. Things are actually getting better, its just we're seeing it now instead of ignoring it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I think drug criminalization and the militarization of the police force are both bigger problems than racism in America.
    Funny, I think all 3 are intertwined.

Really defends on just how someone defines racism. These days just looking at a minority funny will get you upper middle class suburban White kids screaming "racist"

Been waiting for a race war, hype!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That's what's going on. We're not sweeping everything under the rug and ignoring it, we're taking it out and looking at it so we can figure out where it goes. Things are actually getting better, its just we're seeing it now instead of ignoring it.
    But you do exactly that instead of adressing the core issues like social and economic participation and make so much noise about those filibusters.

Racism is only a thing or rather matters at all as long as the grp in question exists as a social outgrp.
    Racial sensitivity training and all that crap they should get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Funny, I think all 3 are intertwined.
    That seems like a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Race relations improve every year. Compare 1950 to 2015 if you don't believe me, yes it's improving very slowly but as long as it keeps moving in positive direction, that's fine.
    That's the thing. Race relations were absolutely improving every year up until the early 2000s, but I'd argue that they're getting worse with each passing year since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    But you do exactly that instead of adressing the core issues like social and economic participation and make so much noise about those filibusters.

Racism is only a thing or rather matters at all as long as the grp in question exists as a social outgrp.
    Racial sensitivity training and all that crap they should get rid of it.
    I think at least one party is trying to do something about social and economic participation, but they get demonized and accused of SJWisms.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    I think at least one party is trying to do something about social and economic participation, but they get demonized and accused of SJWisms.
    Because SJW want to force equal outcome instead of giving equal oppotunities regardless of arbitrary factors.

Look at income of the parents or something not on the color of somebody skins It cant be that obamas children get affirmative action or are in theory eligible.

Blame the news for only reporting the bad and making it seem like its about race when it has nothing to do with race.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Because SJW want to force equal outcome instead of giving equal oppotunities regardless of arbitrary factors.

Look at income of the parents or something not on the color of somebody skins It cant be that obamas children get affirmative action or are in theory eligible.
    People want equal opportunities. Claiming the "Everyone, rich or poor, are prohibited from sleeping under bridges" is equal opportunity is just dishonest. In order to get to a place where people have equal opportunities you do in fact have to spend some resources to get the people who are systematically and cyclically a culture of poverty off their feet.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    There are certainly still racial issues in the country. You either have to be willfully ignorant or extremely naive not to understand this basic reality.

Things are certainly better than they were 50 or 60 years ago, but they really haven't improved as much over the past decade or two now. Racial profiling (as one example) is still very common.

Simple example is one of my co-workers. He is a well-mannered, well-dressed African American. He gets pulled over by police on a monthly basis. By virtue of the quality of his car and how he dresses (and no, he doesn't drive like a maniac), I can with 100% confidence state that it is purely racial profiling. This happens to many minorities a lot.

I am a white male. I have been harassed exactly once in my lifetime (and I'm not young) because I was riding a motorcycle (another group that gets profiled, albeit much less than minorities). I certainly do not get pulled over monthly, and I do not dress as well as my co-worker.

You can find many videos of minorities being harassed or outright killed while unarmed. You can find many videos of white males with guns being jerks to police, and they don't even get ticketed, much less arrested, much less shot. Heck, you can find videos of white males punching police only to be arrested.

Again, if you don't think there are racial disparities in treatment, you either have to be willfully ignorant or extremely naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
    That's the thing. Race relations were absolutely improving every year up until the early 2000s, but I'd argue that they're getting worse with each passing year since then.
    Well it's going to be a logarithmic or exponential curve, in the 1950's there was a lot of low hanging fruit so relations made great strides forward, today we're dealing with smaller, more gray area type of racism.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    People want equal opportunities. Claiming the "Everyone, rich or poor, are prohibited from sleeping under bridges" is equal opportunity is just dishonest. In order to get to a place where people have equal opportunities you do in fact have to spend some resources to get the people who are systematically and cyclically a culture of poverty off their feet.
    Are obamas daughters eligble for affirmative action?