15+ Year Old Account

A very important question : how tasty can alien life be?

If humanity ever discovers alien organisms that do not possess complex intelligence capabilities as us humans, then should we treat them as animals and breed them for food?

Given that alien lifeforms will also possess alien bacteria and other microscopic organisms, how toxic do you think their meat can be to our body? Will our bodies be able to adapt to these alien meats?

One thing's for sure, its gonna suck for muslims and jews because the meat's gonna be totally alien, and thus wont be among the list of halaal and kosher meats :P.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Depends entirely on what kind of compounds they have in their alien bodies. Alien micro-organisms would likely not be dangerous to us, as they have not developed to live inside human's.

I imagine heavy metal poisoning could be high up on the risk list when eating something from alien world.

Ive had high dosage of heavy metal running through my veins since i was 16 and i turned out fine :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If it's carbon-based then after testing for toxicity and known carcinogens I am sure we could try it Mmmh, alien bacon!
    Medium rare space steaks!

Sounds like a bad way to die from a common bacteria to me. Although some logic within me assumes a M class earth like planet with a similar sun results in survival of the fittest akin to us so it SHOULD be okay.....maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm extremely interested to see if someone puts real thought into this. I'm always hungry.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Ive had high dosage of heavy metal running through my veins since i was 16 and i turned out fine :P
    Sure you did. Posting this thread actually proves it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Sounds like a bad way to die from a common bacteria to me. Although some logic within me assumes a M class earth like planet with a similar sun results in survival of the fittest akin to us so it SHOULD be okay.....maybe?
    I dont know, if jupiter's moon europa is proven to indeed have alien life inside it's supposedly underground ocean then my bet is that the first alien life that we're going to taste is an alien fish from jupiter's moon...and i dont like fish.

OP assumes we won't be hunted for food.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, will we call food from Europa european?
    European fish-sticks?
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-11-11 at 10:26 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    We just had this conversation in another forum. Deathclaw Steak is like +200HP and +2Agi for a good while. If irradiated mutant monster tastes good, alien probably does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    We just had this conversation in another forum. Deathclaw Steak is like +200HP and +2Agi for a good while. If irradiated mutant monster tastes good, alien probably does.
    I dont know...fallout aliens looked like ugly xeno-morphs with tentacles... I dont think if i want to eat that shit :P

- - - Updated - - -

Because I assume we will still value the pleasure of the physical act of eating? The sight and smell of food, the act of cooking, the companionship of sharing a meal? It's like you are saying we will stop having sex because there will be more efficient ways to procreate.
    Commander Shepard was quite the horny hampster, I hope we dont lose our sexual desires in space age...one of man's most wanted feats has always been to score with an alien chick.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-11-11 at 10:32 PM.

If we give it to belfpala I bet he could cook it up.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know...fallout aliens looked like ugly xeno-morphs with tentacles... I dont think if i want to eat that shit :P
    Some of my favorite foods have tentacles. Mmmmm, squid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You can still eat, but I do not see why it would be "meat". It would be something more efficient(both in energy use to create it and the energy your body would get from it). Probably something synthesized, or "lab" grown. Unless you want a farm on your spacecraft full of cows.
    Soylent!

If humanity ever discovers alien organisms that do not possess complex intelligence capabilities as us humans, then should we treat them as animals and breed them for food?

Given that alien lifeforms will also possess alien bacteria and other microscopic organisms, how toxic do you think their meat can be to our body? Will our bodies be able to adapt to these alien meats?

One thing's for sure, its gonna suck for muslims and jews because the meat's gonna be totally alien, and thus wont be among the list of halaal and kosher meats :P.
    If time ever comes where we have to add alien meat to our menu, I highly doubt religion will be around.

I imagine it will all taste like chicken.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"