Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I don't know what is the most repulsive : the insinuation that Blacks should be sterilized or the insinuation that they would do it for 1000 $
    Ok, what's more repulsive, breeding a child that will live in poverty, or paying people a sum of money to be sterialized?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchest View Post
    Ok, what's more repulsive, breeding a child that will live in poverty, or paying people a sum of money to be sterialized?
    Both. Let's avoid doing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That is a tough question.
    No it isn't. Just weight the pros and cons, what does more harm? Is there really that much harm from NOT breeding?

10+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't. Just weight the pros and cons, what does more harm? Is there really that much harm from NOT breeding?
    On a social level, yes. The economy suffers if the population isn't growing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Im starting to see your point, is there like a gofundme for this somewhere?.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Both. Let's avoid doing either.
    I wish that was the case, but we got repubs who are dragging their feet. Pay-to-sterialize might be the compromise between the left and the right.
    Last edited by kidchest; 2015-11-12 at 05:37 AM.

The point is moot in any : contrary to what fear mongers states, African American fertility rates, like the whites ones, have declined since the seventies. That's also the case for Hispanics: everyone is converging toward the same rate.

The point is moot in any : contrary to what fear mongers states, African American fertility rates, like the whites ones, have declined since the seventies. That's also the case for Hispanics: everyone is converging toward the same rate.
    The topic is poor people, not African americans.

C'mon, ''poor people in the inner cities'' and allusion to ghettos.

So either they talk about Jews in Venice between the 14th century and 18th century, or...

C'mon, ''poor people in the inner cities'' and allusion to ghettos.

So either they talk about Jews in Venice between the 14th century and 18th century, or...
    I don't understand what you are trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in 2 bedroom 1 bath, no heat or electricity shacks. Every foster home or family I stayed with had over 6 kids living there, sometimes 4 or 5 adults. I'm all for discouraging poor urban areas from reproducing and offering free contraceptives for these people.

What do you think those ''subtle'' people tak about when they talk about ''poor people living in the ghetto'' ?

1) Fertility rates are strongly negatively correlated with wealth. True across countries as well - 95% of the world's population growth is in the third world.

2) Cities have a higher ratio of singles and young professionals versus the suburbs and rural areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you think those ''subtle'' people tak about when they talk about ''poor people living in the ghetto'' ?
    Not everyone that lives in a ghetto is black.

Ageing populations cause immense economic strain, you have a large proportion of old people requiring care and not enough young workers to pay for them. The poor with many children actually subsidise the rich with few in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone that lives in a ghetto is black.
    Yeah some are Hispanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's like putting a droplet of bacteria on an agar substrate petri dish and watching is spread as occupied areas become less primed for growth of new bacteria.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

A lot of young people move outside the city to raise families, think of the suburbs. If the young family decides to stay in the city they keep their kids on a short leash because of traffic, creeps, etc.

Religious people have lots of children, poor have more to.

Freaknomics had this graph that shows that as the US, China got richer they had fewer kids.

More access to things? I guess? Poor people don't have a lot to do so family is cheap entertainment.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    people with no money make babies - news at 10!

It would be fucking nice if these things were properly funded. Hell, just make these things fully subsidized and free. Even permanent birth control like vasectomy.
    Less kids on welfare.
    That makes things worse. A healthy economy requires a large population of young adults. If we discourage citizens from having kids, it just forces us to import larger amounts of immigrants to fill the gaps. And then you run into problems of racism, hate crimes, and discrimination against these immigrant groups.

Simply put, there is absolutely no incentive to push birth control.

People complain about having to pay for kids on welfare, well, you will wind up paying for the massive immigrant population you wind up with as a result of an aggressive birth control policy anyway. So what's the difference?

The absolute worst solution is for the government to pay to prevent citizens from having kids, running into a shortage of young adults, and then having the government pay to import immigrant workers because we discouraged people from having kids with the first policy, and then we have to pay to educate and train the immigrants on top of everything else. And then you run into racism on top of that as cultures clash.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2015-11-12 at 12:56 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Responsible people who don't have the means or time to have lots of kids not having kids, imagine that