Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Congress recently passed a law to allow corporations to claim any thing in outer space they are capable of harvesting, this could include the Moon's Helium-3 supplies
    Ammo 2270 here we come!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Ammo 2270 here we come!!
    Sweet sweet tax money
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Sweet sweet tax money
    Hmmmm......honestly I wonder how taxation would work.

Currently, companies that do buisness overseas typically keep those profits in those countries (why pay taxes twice?)

I wonder if companies that eventually mine on the moon will be able to keep profits in foreign banks or have to bring it to their host nation banks

Congress recently passed a law to allow corporations to claim any thing in outer space they are capable of harvesting, this could include the Moon's Helium-3 supplies
    That law is irrelevant, its only impact is that those corperations won't be punished by the US back at home for doing so. They have no jurisdiction in outer space.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    For those saying the US could just claim mars and no one would be able to contest it, please get a reality check. In reality, the US isnt actually trying to conquer or claim anything. Sure if it wanted it could probably conquer all of africa, but it would be a very stupid idea. Claiming mars would strain relations with other countries, bringing down the living standard through either war or economical sanctions. Sure you could destroy missiles other countries send to your mars or earth bases, and sure you maybe could defeat everyone in an all-out war, but such violence and war would never be supported by americans themselves. They wouldnt risk giving up their current comfortable lives and wealth and start WW3 over another planet. If it really comes to it, sure the US probably can destroy earth the most amount of times, but theres enough countries who could do it at least once. which is all that matters.