Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Angry Have to spam Rockbiter mostly?

So I spam Rockbiter 6 times, then I have 90 Maelstrom.

After that, I chose what to spend it on... so Stormstrike cost 60 and have 16 sec cooldown, spent it on that.

Then I have 30 Maelstrom left, if I don't want to spam Rockbiter some more after one Stormstrike.

Just enough to do one Lava Lash.

Back to spamming Rockbiter, build that Maelstrom up.. maybe I get it up before Stormstike cooldown is over.

But what about my talent? Sundering... it cost 60, oh I don't know.

- I can see that more talents, more powerful abilities will cost Maelstrom and therefore we must spam Rockbiter..

Edit: Uhm, or does auto attacks generate Maelstrom? I can't say if that was said anywhere.. I only saw Rockbiter generate 15 Maelstrom...
    Last edited by CoolHoodie; 2015-11-12 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Auto attacks and windfury also generate it so we'll use rockbiter less and less as we get better gear, Also I just hope rockbiter has a cool animation as enhance has some of the best visuals in the game currently i'd hate to lose that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you share your beta footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Can you share your beta footage?
    this is a forum, forums are for discussions, OP came here to discuss... so... fuck of maybe?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-11-14 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHoodie View Post
    So I spam Rockbiter 6 times, then I have 90 Maelstrom.

After that, I chose what to spend it on... so Stormstrike cost 60 and have 16 sec cooldown, spent it on that.

Then I have 30 Maelstrom left, if I don't want to spam Rockbiter some more after one Stormstrike.

Just enough to do one Lava Lash.

Back to spamming Rockbiter, build that Maelstrom up.. maybe I get it up before Stormstike cooldown is over.

But what about my talent? Sundering... it cost 60, oh I don't know.

- I can see that more talents, more powerful abilities will cost Maelstrom and therefore we must spam Rockbiter..

Edit: Uhm, or does auto attacks generate Maelstrom? I can't say if that was said anywhere.. I only saw Rockbiter generate 15 Maelstrom...
    Your post is flawed because you're assuming that Rockbiter is going to be the only generator of Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    this is a forum, forums are for discussions, OP came here to discuss... so... fuck of maybe?

There's no point discussing when the entire class toolkit and rotation has not been revealed to us.

We were only given a preview, we need beta to have a real discussion regarding rotation and everything.

all we know is we generate maelstrom via abilities and auto attacks., and spend it with spenders.....thats about it ffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maelstrom Weapon

Passive
    When you deal damage with a melee weapon, you generate 5 Maelstrom.
    it will generate pretty quickly from autoattacks and wf as long as you are in mele range

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vraull View Post
    There's no point discussing when the entire class toolkit and rotation has not been revealed to us.

We were only given a preview, we need beta to have a real discussion regarding rotation and everything.

all we know is we generate maelstrom via abilities and auto attacks., and spend it with spenders.....thats about it ffs.
    and we can have unreal discusions till then no one force you to participate

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

i quote that for you:

"dont care about numbers. number tuning is something for the end of the beta".

its really hard to whine about spammy rotation (which is only based on numbers) when beta EVEN hadnt started. hard stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite ironic that you tell me to fuck off....

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds a lot like a rogues rotation. What's the problem?

A disccussion with incomplete info is rather pointless tho. Its like looking at a car that is missing half its parts, and trying to have a meaningful discussion about how it functions. You cant.

Ergo, the OP didnt come here to have a discussion. he came here to post a pointless rant about an incomplete skillset.

Deleted
    "So I spam Rockbiter 6 times, and then I have 90 maelstrom?"

Yes, if you happily ignore Windfury and Maelstrom Weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i quote that for you:

"dont care about numbers. number tuning is something for the end of the beta".

its really hard to whine about spammy rotation (which is only based on numbers) when beta EVEN hadnt started. hard stuff...
    I disagree. Numbers are not that important. Basically there are two prossible scenarios. First is that passive generation will be high and we will only use spenders. That means spamming Lava Lash. Second scenario is that passive generation will be low, generating maelstrom will be bottleneck and that means we will have to spam Rockbiter as much as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Sounds a lot like a rogues rotation. What's the problem?
    ? That's nothing like a Rogue's rotation. Their rotation has combo points, Rogue has energy. This one has no downtime and you actually build up and spend a resource. It is completely unique among melee specs.

Quote Originally Posted by cheysuli View Post
    I disagree. Numbers are not that important. Basically there are two prossible scenarios. First is that passive generation will be high and we will only use spenders. That means spamming Lava Lash. Second scenario is that passive generation will be low, generating maelstrom will be bottleneck and that means we will have to spam Rockbiter as much as possible.
    The most likely scenario is actually a healthy mix of both apart from extreme ranges. But with the skills listed and counting for talents, there should -never- be a time where you'll heavily spam Rockbiter. Assuming we have a similar definition of the word "spam".
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2015-11-12 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    it will generate pretty quickly from autoattacks and wf as long as you are in mele range

- - - Updated - - -

and we can have unreal discusions till then no one force you to participate

Just my .02 since it seems pointless to fret about something which we know PROBABLY 10%* of atm.

but carry on, I'll just keep my mouth shut and stay away from all class forums til I get beta exp

*random number I'm guessing based on observations

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vraull View Post

Actually, quite the opposite is true. This previews were shown for us to get early feedback, like Blizzard writes below every blog. Maybe try reading? Figgit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    ? That's nothing like a Rogue's rotation. Their rotation has combo points, Rogue has energy. This one has no downtime and you actually build up and spend a resource. It is completely unique among melee specs.

The most likely scenario is actually a healthy mix of both apart from extreme ranges. But with the skills listed and counting for talents, there should -never- be a time where you'll heavily spam Rockbiter. Assuming we have a similar definition of the word "spam".
    We know Blizz. They were always tragic at healthy mixes. Truth is that generation of maelstrom will be heavily dependent on haste. And we have already seen several times that if something is dependent on haste then at the beginning we will be resource starved and at the end of the datadisk it will be the other extreme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cheysuli View Post
    We know Blizz. They were always tragic at healthy mixes. Truth is that generation of maelstrom will be heavily dependent on haste. And we have already seen several times that if something is dependent on haste then at the beginning we will be resource starved and at the end of the datadisk it will be the other extreme.
    Mastery as well.

Also, I wonder. Even the base regeneration seems all right to me, so that you wouldn't be only spamming Rockbiter. And you need to consider that while Mastery increases Maelstrom generation, it also increases Stormfury procrate, which dumps 90 Maelstrom at once. In addition, because of the scaling on the Mastery, it makes Stormfury : Windfury ratio higher the more gear you have, which means that while you will be generating more and more Maelstrom, the speed at which you can spend it also increases, and at a higher rate.

What they've done here is pretty intelligent to prevent what you are describing from happening.

That's definitely true and the reason why they haven't done any zero downtime melees. I assume that the 10 range is on Rockbiter for that reason...

v
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2015-11-12 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    The spec will be fast. I jsut hope they implement a talent (flurry) that drcreases the GCD with higher haste values. Otherwise, haste will be really weak for us.

I see a few disadvantages though:

When we will have less uptime on the target, we will lose more damage than other melees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Mastery as well.

Also, I wonder. Even the base regeneration seems all right to me, so that you wouldn't be only spamming Rockbiter. And you need to consider that while Mastery increases Maelstrom generation, it also increases Stormfury procrate, which dumps 90 Maelstrom at once. In addition, because of the scaling on the Mastery, it makes Stormfury : Windfury ratio higher the more gear you have, which means that while you will be generating more and more Maelstrom, the speed at which you can spend it also increases, and at a higher rate.

What they've done here is pretty intelligent to prevent what you are describing from happening.

That's definitely true and the reason why they haven't done any zero downtime melees. I assume that the 10 range is on Rockbiter for that reason...

v
    I agree that spending will be faster as well, but I'm not sure about that ratio. That will certainly be heavily affected by numbers.