Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I think the media loves causing fake outrage (looks at starbucks cups)

15+ Year Old Account
    Since social media have become the de facto wellspring for unmoderated and rapid production of disproportionate internet outrage: Unless it's literally about an incoming nuclear attack I don't count it as news.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I'm extremely offended that they didn't put an Asian girl on the banana milk.
    Asian girl is whip creme!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Since social media have become the de facto wellspring for unmoderated and rapid production of disproportionate internet outrage: Unless it's literally about an incoming nuclear attack I don't count it as news.
    Back in the days we used to turn away from crazy shouting in the street. Now people retreet them on twitter because it's hip!

no one should be outraged, this is fucking garbage waste of human energy.

7+ Year Old Account
    At least they put a ginger on what I'm assuming is strawberry.

Sexist? Possibly, but not any more so than most public media I see.

Racist? I don't see it. It's not like they're pushing one over the other or implying one is better than the other, just making use of different skin tones.

Not sure I think it's a particularly good design, but I don't see much to get outraged over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confused here maybe someone could enlighten me.

Don't people complain all the time that the white women are seen too much on advertisements? I thought these people would be happy to see a person-of-color on a milk bottle.

now what flavor would a asian girl be on

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Confused here maybe someone could enlighten me.
    It's "racist" because it's referencing "chocolate" using a "brown" woman, despite the term (chocolate) actually being endearing. It's "sexist" because some ugly chics don't like to see pretty chics.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    now what flavor would a asian girl be on
    Goji, clearly.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2015-11-14 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It is sexist? Absolutely. Is it racist? Probably. If you think otherwise, you are part of the problem because this is pretty clear cut (especially the sexism).

Should there be outrage? Maybe. That is up to each individual, but denying the obvious is just plain stupid.
    Yeah, no.
    /10fuckingchars

This is so offensive.

The RED strawberry girl looks part native american (REDskin)
    The YELLOW banana girl is clearly asian. Also the banana is obviously symbolizing a penis
    The BROWN chocolate girl doesn't even have to be explained
    The PURPLE has 2 total lesbians (purple was previously the color of the gay flag before they stole the rainbow)
    The shape of the bottle looks like a pill capsule (Promoting drug use to children)
    The whole idea that humans can "own" milk like some sort of slave masters.
    The brand name is only in 1 language?! How racist can you get. What if someone who only speaks english or chinese wants to know what your product is?
    The use of drawn cartoon girls instead of actual girls implying real women aren't good enough to be part of a logo. (cartoon women have been out-logoing women for years btw and nobody even tries to stop it)

These guys are out of control and need to be stopped. Oh and all the girls are drawn too thin. Stop fat shaming me, milk.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-11-14 at 06:10 AM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I would like to see the reaction if they used a white girl for the chocolate. That would propably be racist too in a different way.
    That was my first thought.

People are just too overly-sensitive nowadays and they aren't happy unless they can find something to be outraged about. Personally, I'd love it if milk bottles here suddenly had sexy pinup girls on them; I'd drink a hell of a lot more milk.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    A company here in germany sells Milkproducts with different flavours like choco, vanilla and strawberry etc. Now they released their "Christmas" editions and people on social media were outraged when they saw that they used Pin-Up girls on their product. They think it is sexist. The chocolate one also recieved many accusions of racism.

Here are the pictures of the chocolate and strawberry:

--snipped--

What do you think, is this design ok or is the outrage justified?
    People can be offended by anything these days.

Deleted
    Will you believe that, I didn't even know of this and I LIVE in germany. Granted, I usually run straight past the section with müllermilch because there is nothing of value to me there.
    But now, thanks to the streisand-effect (by proxy), I learned about it and instantly went and bought a chocolady milk.
    Would have been better if it was a delicious brown loli but alas, you can't have everything.
    It was good (not as good as instant cocoa, mind you, but it was good. Maybe the angry tears of a million triggered feminists gave it that special taste?

I wouldn't buy it for a kid to drink, but I would buy it for myself

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I wouldn't buy it for a kid to drink, but I would buy it for myself
    well, kids usually like to drink stuff so sweet that it's a miracle of science that it's liquid and not a solid block of sugar. And that's not what müllermilch is, IMO

It's not offensive it is just stupid.

The marketing strategy is so obviously meant to offend, or titillate or whatever that it only makes the company look retarded.

If you are advertising Underwear, sure I can see it.

You are advertising MILK... it has nothing to do with sex so it just makes the company look like an attention whore or something.