45 yard range spells for Boomies only or?

Just noticed a bunch of our spells are now 45 yard range and from what Ive seen from the other classes theyre still 40 yards on their spells. Are boomies the only spec getting a 5 yard range increase on all spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Fov View Post
    Just noticed a bunch of our spells are now 45 yard range and from what Ive seen from the other classes theyre still 40 yards on their spells. Are boomies the only spec getting a 5 yard range increase on all spells?
    As far as I understand, each spec gets the passive of the respective Affinity (so range for boomkins, speed for ferals etc) and the other specs get it if they choose this affinity (so a boomkin with feral affinity will have the range increase and the extra speed, a guardian with resto will have the damage reduction and the passive healing and so on). Mind you it's not very clearly described.

Quote Originally Posted by Fov View Post
    Shaman Shocks are also 45 yard range, but yeah that seems to be it, 5 yard affinity passive for boomys.

If memory serves me correctly back in the day some spells even had 30yrd range...?
    Could be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    If memory serves me correctly back in the day some spells even had 30yrd range...?
    Could be wrong though
    Originally most spells had 30y, although many classes had talents to increase it to 36. Then they just made them 40y across the board.

With WoD, the Marksman Mastery got range increase as one of its benefits, and now we have the 5y extra range for Balance and all Druids with Balance Affinity.(Which affects everything, even melee auto attacks).

Well, it certainly is an nice gimmick which will not make people stack Moonkins in some fights or stuff like that (unless Blizzard completely fucks up), but may give them certain advantages. I wonder if spells like root, cyclone etc. will have increased range too? Would be nice for PvP if you can start channeling your CC first.

Given that the affinity affects stuff like auto attacks it seems reasonable to assume our cc abilities would be increased as well. The real trick here though is that the base range on these abilities may be reduced to price people into taking moonkin affinity over say resto or bear.

They haven't, though. But having more than the usual range can be quite a boon, so there'd be interest in it anyway. No need to artificiall

Originally Posted by WarcraftDevs (Blue Tracker)
    Correct. Every Druid spec has the benefit from it's associated Affinity built in.
    From WarcraftDevs, just for reference.

I read it like this:

If you're specced Boomkin, you will automatically have the Balance affinity (+5 yard range), and one of your talent tiers will look like this:
    (Option 1) Feral Affinity - Gain access to more/better Cat Form abilities. Also, your movement speed is increased by 15%
    (Option 2) Guardian Affinity - Gain access to more/better Bear Form abilities. Also, reduces damage taken by 10%.
    (Option 3) Restoration Affinity - Gain access to more/better Healing abilities. Also, gives the Ysera's Gift effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    I read it like this:

If you're specced Boomkin, you will automatically have the Balance affinity (+5 yard range), and one of your talent tiers will look like this:
    (Option 1) Feral Affinity - Gain access to more/better Cat Form abilities. Also, your movement speed is increased by 15%
    (Option 2) Guardian Affinity - Gain access to more/better Bear Form abilities. Also, reduces damage taken by 10%.
    (Option 3) Restoration Affinity - Gain access to more/better Healing abilities. Also, gives the Ysera's Gift effect.
    See my post directly above yours. That's indeed how it works. You always get your own, and can choose one other, which also gives you enough of their toolkit to be at least decent at their job. I'm starting to think you'll get everything except talents and mastery.(Imagine having the Guardian Mastery as Moonkin...)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    See my post directly above yours. That's indeed how it works. You always get your own, and can choose one other, which also gives you enough of their toolkit to be at least decent at their job. I'm starting to think you'll get everything except talents and mastery.(Imagine having the Guardian Mastery as Moonkin...)
    OH GOD PLEASE YES MY BODY IS READY. Moonkin with healing potential. ;_;

Druids gonna be stronk(er) in Legion