Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Human Racial Nerf?

So i've been talking to a few people on various threads and they keep telling me that in Legion blizzard are making 'Every Man For Himself' a baseline talent in the new pvp system or whatever, effectively stopping the whole 'I have to roll Human to be competitive in PvP'

Can someone confirm this with a link or source or whatever? I'll literally be the happiest person in the world if this is true, i hate having to roll a bloody Human.

Cheers

Trinkets will be disabled in PvP and the "medallion" (which is typically used to break out of CC) will be on the first tier of PvP talents. There will be some other options in case you don't want to go for a CC-break (i.e. if warlocks keep unbound will, some may opt to go for a different option), but most people will probably go for the CC-break (it is just too good).

They haven't confirmed whether they are changing Every Man for Himself. Holinka said that one option would be for humans to get a different tier-1 option and they would keep Every Man for Himself. Honestly, I would be surprised if they went that route. People have complained about EMFH all xpac (even as its value diminished). There will still pbe faction imbalance depending on which faction the top PvPers play (it creates a snowball effect), but at least everyone wouldn't be human. ;p

To be honest they should just make it so Racials are disabled in PvP and that would be a quick and easy fix to a lot of players headaches.

Why they don't just make trinket baseline from lvl one I have no idea. That way everyone has it and all the screams and cries can stop.

Make it work ONLY on pvp inflicted abilities.. Eg you couldnt use it on a boss fear but you could on a locks fear.

I srsly wonder sometimes why blizzard doesn't just hire me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Why they don't just make trinket baseline from lvl one I have no idea. That way everyone has it and all the screams and cries can stop.

Make it work ONLY on pvp inflicted abilities.. Eg you couldnt use it on a boss fear but you could on a locks fear.

or make it a talent and remove EMFH to let every single person pick it if they want to, give humans something else.. o wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer8267 View Post
    To be honest they should just make it so Racials are disabled in PvP and that would be a quick and easy fix to a lot of players headaches.
    Maybe they want the racial available in lower levels, PvE, and open world pvp and not just where the talents are applied, like arena and bgs? It gives a taste.

PS: People like to be unique, so why not
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really cannot understand why they do not remove racials from pvp. I just do not get it.
    Because sometimes they are so keen to hold onto "flavour" gameplay, that they choose to ignore or dismiss the consequences of it.
    The continued flying pre-requisites, and it only being patched in later shows that quite clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    And when they remove it, they should give gnomes an ability like Piccolo had in Dragonball. Turn yourself into a Giant so you can simply trample your opponents to surrender. Ha so much gnome love in my veins.

Competitive PvP should be completly seperated from the World. You should be able to mix factions and play full geared characters without roling every season, crying in tradechat for players and to be flamed by random guys, because your friends already quit the game. PvP in a nutshell. And I say it here in this thread again. The reward system is also a joke. Top 0.5% get gladiator title. But all of these players in that rating range have like 5 alts so basicly 0.1% of the players get the title and half of them are boosted.

Edit: In last 2 or 3 addons they nerfed the Horde Racials to buff them in the middle of the addon again. And they did that because in US almost every pvper was Horde. In EU since long time everyone plays Alliance. "Now" everyone in US and EU plays alliance for pvp.
    Last edited by mmocd869703629; 2015-11-13 at 03:47 AM.

They're gonna nerf the Alliance racials in Legion. How else will they get masses of players to pay for factions swaps this expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post

We've been suggesting this for years, they just need to let a few years pass so they can make it seem like it was their idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've said earlier this week that racials will remain active in pvp combat. Now, even if trinkets somehow become obsolete, humans will still have an advantage since they will be effectively getting 2 talents from the first row instead of one. But that is assuming the first tier remains anti-cc as shown at gamescom..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakki View Post
    Competitive PvP should be completly seperated from the World. You should be able to mix factions and play full geared characters without roling every season
    I personally think so too. Blizz should make a copy of the current arena and make it a free standalone game for people who wants to just arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer8267 View Post
    That or a mirror of each on for both factions. The pvp devs are stubborn as hell and idiots on top of that. So I am sure EMFH will stay and still offer a niche no other racial is close to.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really cannot understand why they do not remove racials from pvp. I just do not get it.
    $$$$$$
    Unbalanced racials means more faction/race change.

It needs to be fixed and overall balance for PvP

EMFH has been the #1 QQd racial since it was announced prior to WOTLK. it has only been nerfed once in WOTLK but rather than fixing it in CATA as promised, they reverted it

DEVs have made numerous comments and excuses over the years
    - they don't see the problem (they don't PVP)
    - they are looking into it
    - they aren't sure how to replace it
    - they will be working on it....next expac (said that prior to CATA and MOP)

they do everything possible not to touch it, as if the kids-family-friends of Activison-blizzard CEOs have the DEVs under a do not touch EMFH rule, work arounds like mercenary mode, hotfix to reduce horde racials by 30 sec prove EFMH and two other ally racials SM and SF are imbalalncing PVP massively this expac

even holinka in his comments about Legion template PVP and EMFH may be to powerful under the new system, appears to be struggling to deal with EMFH, as if his hands are tied.

i see many saying horde ruled PVP in MOP, that is far from true, during MOP in EU ally did better, in US horde did better....but all in all there where some of the other faction mingled in near the top. in WOD it's a landslide imbal compared to previous expacs
    Last edited by pinkz; 2015-11-15 at 12:57 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    People QQ too much about EMFH. Other racials are quite good too. Good enough to be on par. Blood Elves, Night Elves, Orcs and Dwarfs all have racials that are up to par with Humans.

But even if not on par they are just slightly under.

However people see streamers and friends bend to a very very slight edge and flock to alliance with it. Becomes a trend and it's a continuous flow.

Either way,

In Legion there will be a set of PvP talents. One of them a trinket like effect, akin to EMFH.

Humans will keep EMFH so they won't have to pick that talent, allowing them to pick another while other races will be forced to pick the trinket like effect.
    what is a Healer saying:
    AFK means: Attack, fight, kill! - Healer is bored with spamming hots.
    WTF means: Way to fight! - Healer loves you for pulling with pyroblast.
    OOM means: Out Of Mobs! - Healer needs a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    They're gonna nerf the Alliance racials in Legion. How else will they get masses of players to pay for factions swaps this expansion?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQME...utu.be&t=24m5s

Quote Originally Posted by Frito25 View Post
    People QQ too much about EMFH. Other racials are quite good too. Good enough to be on par. Blood Elves, Night Elves, Orcs and Dwarfs all have racials that are up to par with Humans.

But even if not on par they are just slightly under.

However people see streamers and friends bend to a very very slight edge and flock to alliance with it. Becomes a trend and it's a continuous flow.

Either way,

In Legion there will be a set of PvP talents. One of them a trinket like effect, akin to EMFH.

Humans will keep EMFH so they won't have to pick that talent, allowing them to pick another while other races will be forced to pick the trinket like effect.
    While I agree, this is all foolish because of statistics. Whether or not the Human Racial EMFH is overpowered or otherwise can be debated forever. The fact is more than (last time I looked) 80% of the top playerbase in ranked BGs and Arenas belongs to HUMANS. So either this racial IS OP or people can be brainwashed to believe it.
    I personally don't care what the reason is. When your player base has been 'rolling' a certain race for 4 expansions to cash in on what they think is the best pvp racial, there's something wrong.
    This is seriously disgusting given a review of statistics. It has made Alliance dominant PvP and Horde dominant PvE (even after the reasonable yet costly Horde PvE racial nerfs last year).

TLDR: EMFH is a problem. It causes imbalance. Whether OP or not, players BELIEVE it is OP and thus EMFH needs to be fine-tuned. When a base of 100,000+ are choosing a race for a RACIAL... I mean, c'mon! That's ridiculous and against all Blizzard has stated. My advice was to always make Undead's Will of the Forsaken the EXACT SAME as EMFH so each faction has 1 'pvp' race if the players wanna see it that way. But I don't know. All I know is this racial has caused more problems in the game than much since WOTLK and Blizzard is just being stubborn at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by morrizrowthelibrarian View Post
    While I agree, this is all foolish because of statistics. Whether or not the Human Racial EMFH is overpowered or otherwise can be debated forever. The fact is more than (last time I looked) 80% of the top playerbase in ranked BGs and Arenas belongs to HUMANS. So either this racial IS OP or people can be brainwashed to believe it.
    I personally don't care what the reason is. When your player base has been 'rolling' a certain race for 4 expansions to cash in on what they think is the best pvp racial, there's something wrong.
    This is seriously disgusting given a review of statistics. It has made Alliance dominant PvP and Horde dominant PvE (even after the reasonable yet costly Horde PvE racial nerfs last year).

TLDR: EMFH is a problem. It causes imbalance. Whether OP or not, players BELIEVE it is OP and thus EMFH needs to be fine-tuned. When a base of 100,000+ are choosing a race for a RACIAL... I mean, c'mon! That's ridiculous and against all Blizzard has stated. My advice was to always make Undead's Will of the Forsaken the EXACT SAME as EMFH so each faction has 1 'pvp' race if the players wanna see it that way. But I don't know. All I know is this racial has caused more problems in the game than much since WOTLK and Blizzard is just being stubborn at this point.
    Money aside, Blizzard should have stuck to their guns about race/faction changing. It should never have been a thing.

That alone would have prevented the flood of horde converts from Cata & MoP, and the flood of alliance converts in WoD. Inconvenience for a player? Sure, but it being fair-weather to any faction or race shouldn't have been a feature.

The racial itself really isn't op. It was in WoTLK, pre-nerf. Post nerf it's only gone down hill as pve trinkets have suffered inside instanced pvp since that systems completion.

The people who think it's op have been duped. These baddies get stomped by superior players who happen to be human, who even if they weren't human would still be stomping them. The feeble minded believe that if they roll human, then they'll get get ezmode titles when in reality, they're all still sitting at 13-1800 spreading that big gooey shit all over their chest.