Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Million student march.

Tax the 1% 100%?!

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is now about potatoes.

I prefer Idaho. Russets are nice, but taste weird IMO.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Tax the 1% 100%?!
    I'm afraid to listen to it....I'm legitimately worried that my brain will explode from the comments on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I'm afraid to listen to it....I'm legitimately worried that my brain will explode from the comments on both sides.
    Probably just from Keely's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    This thread is now about potatoes.

I prefer Idaho. Russets are nice, but taste weird IMO.
    sweet potatoes all the way for me, they actually have flavor...

imo it's not really the potatoes people like (im sure some do) but using it as a vessel for other flavors....but idk anyone that eats a plain cooked potato without covering it in stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

imo it's not really the potatoes people like (im sure some do) but using it as a vessel for other flavors....but idk anyone that eats a plain cooked potato without covering it in stuff.
    Try a plain raw potato. It's like someone took a carrot and made it bland as shit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

This is so true... but oh there is sooooo much heavenly stuff to cover them with....

Haha fucking clueless tart.

She has absolutely no consistency.

Starts off with radical demands on free stuff.
    Bounces to diatribes on those greedy rich people /angryfist.
    Demands tax increases on people and clearly doesn't understand those taxes are regularly increased.
    Injects random fabrications about global wealth as a means to justify taxing American wealth.
    Presumes to say all her clueless SJW buddies would willingly pay 90% of their income.
    Truly believe her and her slacker kind actually contribute.

She did say one that if you cut out only the last two words it becomes an accurate statement.

"uhm I, I live in a world and I see a system around me where there is a population that's doing nothing to contribute uhm to the progression of society..."

Yea moron, you got that right...

Then, she cannot accept the most bell ringing FACT: Even taxing the rich 100% cant pay for all the freebies this dumb dumb bitch wants.

And this is why all these clueless dumb idiot morons need to collectively be made to shut their stupid mouths.

They spend the time that they should be using for their education to stand around bitching at "evil greedy rich people" and at the end none of their ideas could ever possibly work.

Folks, it really is going to come down to the rest of us cleaning up after these failures.

We, the employers, the mangers, the officers, the guys in charge need to closely scrutinize the source of the education for anybody we employ or oversee.

We need to ensure that these types are relegated them to the permanent underclass where they belong.

I would rather pay an older wise worker double their salary to keep them on than hire one of these millennial pukes.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    The funny thing is when they graduate college and get a decent paying job they wouldn't pay anything extra.

Really I so wish the world would goes back to 2000 years ago and never mind... /facepalm

The funny thing is when they graduate college and get a decent paying job they wouldn't pay anything extra.
    I would never hire this buffoon or any of her buffoon friends.

I love it when these clueless retards all come together and brand themselves with these "million x" memes.

They tweet about it, they make their little facebook and tumbler posts, they rant and rave about how entitled they are.

And then they have no clue that people like me are able to reference all of it come interview time.

Because we know that instead of spending those four+ years learning, they spent them QQing their SJW eyes out.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I would never hire this buffoon or any of her buffoon friends.

I love it when these clueless retards all come together and brand themselves with these "million x" memes.

They tweet about it, they make their little facebook and tumbler posts, they rant and rave about how entitled they are.

And then they have no clue that people like me are able to reference all of it come interview time.

Because we know that instead of spending those four+ years learning, they spent them QQing their SJW eyes out.
    Meanwhile there parents are most likely wealthy and would never agree to pay more taxes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Way to ruin perfectly good potatoes!

-snip-
    Yeah I figured that's what it was going to be. Just some girl that can get enough people to like her and use social media to start a "movement," but lacking the critical thinking of actually following these thoughts through.

Only thing I really agree with, is that at least community college should be free; if only because, at a national level, we have to do something to keep pace with general public education level of other countries and that is needed in today's modern world. Cause lets face it, HS doesn't lead to shit anymore, and at least a 2 year should be the new HS, the new standard.

Just don't ask me how to pay for it...thats for people more interested in math, economics, and finances than me haha.

Yeah I figured that's what it was going to be. Just some girl that can get enough people to like her and use social media to start a "movement," but lacking the critical thinking of actually following these thoughts through.

Only thing I really agree with, is that at least community college should be free; if only because, at a national level, we have to do something to keep pace with general public education level of other countries and that is needed in today's modern world. Cause lets face it, HS doesn't lead to shit anymore, and at least a 2 year should be the new HS, the new standard.

Just don't ask me how to pay for it...thats for people more interested in math, economics, and finances than me haha.
    What about vocational schools/trade schools I think we as a society would benefit from those the most.

What about vocational schools/trade schools I think we as a society would benefit from those the most.
    Totally, those would be good to cover too. Although maybe with some discrepancy...government doesn't need to cover someones pottery class lol.

Seriously though, It would be awesome to cover vocational schools as part of a larger national policy to bring manufacturing back to America, but to turn America into the high tech manufacturer of the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    And just don't ask me to pay for it. I've no obligation to other people's ratty kids.

Million student march, and none of them are economics, business, or finance majors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Million student march, and none of them are economics, business, or finance majors.
    If they have their way, we'll be paying for this kind of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    And just don't ask me to pay for it. I've no obligation to other people's ratty kids.
    Well I'm sure your not going to be asked haha.

Seriously though, when it comes to considering the health of a nation (not the health of us selfish individuals), the level of income inequality in the US is pretty bad and likely only going to get worse and be really bad. Best way to deal with that isn't so much welfare handouts, but to "teach a man to fish." But when even the education part is too expensive...

No individual is going to want to "pay for" another individual they don't personally know or care about, but that's part of why a government exists. It's simply a reality that if the US is going to stay on top of the world like it wants, these are problems that need to be addressed. A nation is only as good as the sum of its parts, and while developing nations really push to increase the value of their parts we argue over political ideals and assume the "free market" will take care of growth.

Simply put, the US is loosing it's macroeconomic lead, slowly but surely, because the value of it's human capitol is diminishing while financial wealth becomes ever more concentrated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I kinda wonder if the cost of tuition for schools should be directly related to the value of the field of study on a scaling and fluid basis. I mean, a History major tends to be only good for teaching other history students (unless you manage to take it into another field) which will prolly never pay more than about 60K/y at it's top end.

Compared to Software engineers and computer science majors that tend to start @ around 50k/y

So I wonder if a degree in history should be less expensive.