Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    So Crash Lightning on the single target build is entirely predicated around Crashing Storm?
    Currently yes. But Crash Lightning triggers additional single target damage from Alpha Wolf.

Keep in mind as well that Crash Lightning costs 20 maelstrom versus Lava Lash's 30. If you have two abilities that do roughly equivalent damage (considering Crashing Storm), but one costs less, there's really no question as to which is more efficient.

And I hope that doesn't change because Crash Lightning is so pretty....I'd be so sad if I couldn't use my thunderstrikes on single target anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    And I hope that doesn't change because Crash Lightning is so pretty....I'd be so sad if I couldn't use my thunderstrikes on single target anymore.
    They wouldnt change it this late. They also said they want Crash lightning to be used in ST if you take Crashing Storm. Im assuming if CS is the default talent in that row itll get nerfed eventually, or the other talents will get buffed.

Deleted
    Sorry for the idiotic question, but i've been re-learning my enha shaman now and have read up icy-veins. I got the rotation down, but want it to be even "easier" so i'll drop Hailstorm for the Ancestral Swiftness. Do i drop Frostbrand from my rotation then? Non-Hailstorm Frostbrand does only it's initial damage and costs 20 maelstrom so naturally i would use it only for the slow when i need it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Sorry for the idiotic question, but i've been re-learning my enha shaman now and have read up icy-veins. I got the rotation down, but want it to be even "easier" so i'll drop Hailstorm for the Ancestral Swiftness. Do i drop Frostbrand from my rotation then? Non-Hailstorm Frostbrand does only it's initial damage and costs 20 maelstrom so naturally i would use it only for the slow when i need it?
    Drop frostbrand from your rotation if you arent taking Hailstorm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Drop frostbrand from your rotation if you arent taking Hailstorm.
    Yeah, thank you. I just wanted to confirm it. Now it feels much better IMO. 5-button rotation which does not really even chance from single target to aoe, lol...

Frostbrand isn't used without Hailstorm except perhaps in PvP.

Anyone done any calculations of how much dps stormlash is? Both talented and not?

And any way to get it to show up as your own damange in recount/skada or any other damage meter?
    Last edited by Piingy; 2016-07-24 at 12:08 PM. Reason: speling

Quote Originally Posted by Piingy View Post
    Anyone done any calculations of how much dps stormlash is? Both talented and not?

And any way to get it to show up as your own damage in recount/skada or any other damage meter?
    Stormlash shows up in Skada, under the same name. You'll only see the damage that your character does so it wont include the damage of other players who are buffed by your stormlash. It usually came out to about ~1% of my over all damage directly. However, warcraftlogs combines all of the "stormlash" damage that other players do while under the effect of the spell and it can make up a large portion of your damage, ~10-15%+- depending on the fight and other factors, from what I saw in my own logs when using Empowered Stormlash talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Piingy View Post

And any way to get it to show up as your own damange in recount/skada or any other damage meter?
    Not really afaik. Last thing I've heard was that it still needs some work to figure it out entirely.
    From personal experience: It currently eases up the "rotation" by quite a lot while also giving a decent amount of damage. The Problem with the passive overall is, that it is completely uncontrollable, which makes it somewhat "hard" to use and (I guess) hard to figure out, if its REALLY great or just "meh".
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Be in a frontal cone of mobs, crash lightning, spam stormstrike and lava lash in between. Keep spamming crash lightning with crashing storm talents on cd.
    Can we be a bit more specific here?

Assuming I have 0 Maelstrom Power and the basic Boulderfist spec recommended by Wordup:

1) Boulderfist (to get MP)
    2) Hailstorm
    3) Flametongue
    4) Boulderfist 2'nd charge
    *Even if I get a Stormbringer proc, I wait because I need to:
    5) Crash Lightning at 80 MP
    6) Standard Stormstrike spam with/without Stormbringer proc, interrupted if Boulderfist is about to reach 2 charges
    7) Lava Lash if as 90 MP
    8) Only once BF, SS, LL are on cooldown, if I have at least 80 MP I throw in more Crash Lightning

The idea behind this is that I need to get the CL buff up as soon as possible and then cleave with SS and LL because they do their own damage PLUS damage from CL so I assume they have higher priority.

Is this correct? Should I maybe spam CL more often because it might be more effective due to low MP cost and AoE pool on the ground?
    If so, how high is the priority of this? Does the timing of using LL/CL during AoE change at all or is it still 80/90 MP?

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume StormStrike is still your highest prio, even if the Hailstorm and Flametongue buff are about to expire (>4 seconds remaining) or am I wrong in that gameplay ?
    I can't seem to find Wordup's WA string for Legion yet. Did I miss it out somewhere in this thread (since I can't find it in his Google.Docs, or is it still a secret WA nobody is allowed to use ? ^^
    Loving the new Enhancement and it makes me want to Raid up a higher level again !
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I assume StormStrike is still your highest prio, even if the Hailstorm and Flametongue buff are about to expire (>4 seconds remaining) or am I wrong in that gameplay ?
    I can't seem to find Wordup's WA string for Legion yet. Did I miss it out somewhere in this thread (since I can't find it in his Google.Docs, or is it still a secret WA nobody is allowed to use ? ^^
    Loving the new Enhancement and it makes me want to Raid up a higher level again !
    Hes still working on the WA Strings. He'll upload them as soon as they're ready. Its mostly about stability and things like that.
    And yes, SS is still the highest priority. You should be able to pool enough maelstrom to react to proccs and keep both buffs up. Its quite hard in the beginning, but basically just a small learning curve.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

It seems like it should be that way, philosophically. However, it doesn't actually gain you any measurable amount of DPS (per recent sims, testing, may change, who knows?!).

Wordup's Pastebin of WAs, may be old, but this is what we have pinned on Discord in #enhancement.
    http://pastebin.com/ckLHK8tC (updated 5pm EST)
    Last edited by Hekili; 2016-07-25 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Wordup posted an update.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks @Darleth and Hekili.
    Especialy when the dogs are on CD and you're low on MP I find myself in the situation I have to make a choice but I assume I have to pool a bit more MP before spending it, that way I always have enough to respond to it.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Thanks @Darleth and Hekili.
    Especialy when the dogs are on CD and you're low on MP I find myself in the situation I have to make a choice but I assume I have to pool a bit more MP before spending it, that way I always have enough to respond to it.
    The drawback, especially if you took Crashing Storm as a talent, is that if you increase your time between CLs you are reducing the value of your CS talent.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

My auras are generally released now, you can find them here: link!

Example of them in action here:

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    My auras are generally released now, you can find them here: link!

Example of them in action here:

Thanks a lot for all your hard work wordup.
    Dont forget to add them to the first post and/or your google doc though... it's probably gonna be hard to find them after some people write in here

*tips m'fedora*

I love enhancement, but damn do I feel squishy now. Like I'm made of toilet paper now that I can't even stack astral shift with shamanistic rage and wolf healing.

I hope they buff enhancement survival because in pvp both shaman specs are trash not because of damage but because of survival.

Feral Lunge should also come down in cooldown to 20 seconds, or if it stays at 30 it should give a dash component like displacer beast.

Frankly I'm not sure why they replaced Gust of Air with the garbage Rainfall that nobody will ever use.