After a couple of days on Beta, this is the worst stage I've ever seen Enhancement shamans in. I mean, seriously, could it be more boring?

In what way is it boring? The general consensus thus far (from what I've seen) is that this is one of the most fun forms of Enhancement that the game has had yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    After a couple of days on Beta, this is the worst stage I've ever seen Enhancement shamans in. I mean, seriously, could it be more boring?
    I can't say that I agree with you.
    In my opinion, Enhancement has changed for the better when it comes to the fun factor. It has moved away from static spamming to actually having things to react to and having an actual resource.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw remember we are missing the entire artifact tree, i'm pretty sure that shakes the things a bit
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Btw remember we are missing the entire artifact tree, i'm pretty sure that shakes the things a bit
    It doesn't actually change your ability priorities or rotation almost at all. It's pretty much all passive damage increases.

Doom Winds gives you a couple SS procs if you're lucky and caps your maelstrom, but it really doesn't change what you're doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    hm it has to be a bug if there's no new changes when servers came up. did the same instance before the 24hour downtime, was getting 120k dps. did the same instance again, getting 80k dps.

perhaps its a bug on the dps meters addon

edit: now i see that wolves are literally doing 5% of a mob with 500k hp
    May be something undocumented... but I wonder why would they do that? Feels kinda strange to be left out in that case, especially since they know people would find out sooner or later.
    I haven't tested the new build. I guess its a bug on the new build with addons. Could be wrong though, gonna test it later after my hangover.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Who knows, maybe this expansion enha shaman will be the fotm spec! ^^
    I raid in a middle-high guild, and I'm betting a couple will re-roll to it, even though we already have two enha-shamans now :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Who knows, maybe this expansion enha shaman will be the fotm spec! ^^
    Best time to play is when its FOTM. You wreck everyone switching because its FOTM. Atleast, thats how it was during 5.3 for Ele

Deleted
    I tried enhancement on the PTR with copy characters using my mythic gears had 61% haste; boulderfist CD was so short that was ready every two other gcd, was impressively fast and not too far away from the gcd locked gameplay on live, it was really enjoyable, besides the RPPM trinket change that at first made me think my soul capacitative was bugged and not working

Hi guys, i set up a character on the PTR using the base gear they gave and was just messing around looking at the a few things and is it optimal to use crash lightning over lava lash when crash lightning is not on cool down. Obviously in dungeons etc with cleave then yes due to the buff to other spells making them do 75% aoe. However, for single target dps i had a few simple numbers and the difference between lava lash and crash lighting was 3k damage or so on average. However, if you have the talent crash lightning does an extra about 8k damage over time which if you have the crashing storm talent. I am sorry if this is an obvious question but it seems to me that crashing storm should be used off cool down?

Quote Originally Posted by Druidskull1 View Post
    Hi guys, i set up a character on the PTR using the base gear they gave and was just messing around looking at the a few things and is it optimal to use crash lightning over lava lash when crash lightning is not on cool down. Obviously in dungeons etc with cleave then yes due to the buff to other spells making them do 75% aoe. However, for single target dps i had a few simple numbers and the difference between lava lash and crash lighting was 3k damage or so on average. However, if you have the talent crash lightning does an extra about 8k damage over time which if you have the crashing storm talent. I am sorry if this is an obvious question but it seems to me that crashing storm should be used off cool down?
    Its worth it currently. It deals a lot of singletarget damage as discussed somewhere earlier in this thread. Of course this is only accurate when you've picked crashing storm.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Pros:

Finally a proper AoE attack and it well with SS and LL.
    can spam LB as I please.
    Elemental attacks are cool
    LL works well as a Malstrom burner.
    Got fucking sundering! ^^
    Stormfury works well with parties
    Boulderfist is insane for malstrom generation
    Spell CD that scale with haste are crazy.

Cons:

LS still sucks
    No Gust of Air
    can't really heal anymore
    even less utility

10+ Year Old Account
    By reading this thread it feels like everyone hates enhancement shaman now?
    i just rerolled from my ret pala after 6 years of playing, and the enhancement feels really refreshing and stunning visuals

- I made the banner, so feel free to copy and share!

Quote Originally Posted by Qubis View Post
    i just rerolled from my ret pala after 6 years of playing, and the enhancement feels really refreshing and stunning visuals
    You haven't gone through the motions of being an enhancement shaman, personally I am Enhancement for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    So currently on the PTR testing all the speccs and talents, and had a couple of questions regarding Enhancement.
    What lvl 15 Talent are we supposed to take ? Windsong seems to have like a 30% uptime, Hot Hands is just the passive talent and Boulderfist looks (and plays) fun since it makes the building up of Maelstrom not as spammy as with the regular Rockbiter.
    Level 75 Talents, Tempest seems to be the winner here (for me at least) since it affects our biggest damage dealing ability 2 times. Empowered Stormlash seems more to be a Cleave/AoE Talent to "spread" the Stormlashes around. I don't know between those 2 Talents if giving up an additional SS for 30% more SS damage is any better ?
    As a level 90 Talent I picked Crashing Storm (since it's Passive) since it seems to be that keeping up Fury of Air is hard unless you specc into "Maelstrom-generating" (lots of haste) talents or just take Rockbiter as your builder instead of Boulderfist. Is this correct ? It seems Sundering is too long of a Cooldown and more an annoyance in Raids (the knock-to-the-side effect) which doesn't make up for the Damage dealt.
    My biggest confusion is the Lvl 100 Talents which all seem viable but more depend on how the Encounter/Content you're doing is build up. Do I need burst Damage in longer intervals (Ascendance), do I like to play passive and take Landslide or want an additional Spell to look out for (Earthen Spike).
    Just started testing but it's hard to look at numbers and see how things work out without any Add-ons currently available. I'm also certain some theorycrafters already know roughly what' the best Talents are to take and for what reasoning (which I'd love to hear).

If anyone has some additional comments/explanations I'd be more than happy to listen.

Edit: will be going for Haste since it lowers the CD on a couple of abilities or does it look like Mainstat > Crit looks better since we're generating Maelstrom too fast otherwise which we can't spend in times of high burn (aka Ascendance,Heroism).
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-06-18 at 07:21 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    So currently on the PTR testing all the speccs and talents, and had a couple of questions regarding Enhancement.
    What lvl 15 Talent are we supposed to take ? Windsong seems to have like a 30% uptime, Hot Hands is just the passive talent and Boulderfist looks (and plays) fun since it makes the building up of Maelstrom not as spammy as with the regular Rockbiter.
    Level 75 Talents, Tempest seems to be the winner here (for me at least) since it affects our biggest damage dealing ability 2 times. Empowered Stormlash seems more to be a Cleave/AoE Talent to "spread" the Stormlashes around. I don't know between those 2 Talents if giving up an additional SS for 30% more SS damage is any better ?
    As a level 90 Talent I picked Crashing Storm (since it's Passive) since it seems to be that keeping up Fury of Air is hard unless you specc into "Maelstrom-generating" (lots of haste) talents or just take Rockbiter as your builder instead of Boulderfist. Is this correct ? It seems Sundering is too long of a Cooldown and more an annoyance in Raids (the knock-to-the-side effect) which doesn't make up for the Damage dealt.
    My biggest confusion is the Lvl 100 Talents which all seem viable but more depend on how the Encounter/Content you're doing is build up. Do I need burst Damage in longer intervals (Ascendance), do I like to play passive and take Landslide or want an additional Spell to look out for (Earthen Spike).
    Just started testing but it's hard to look at numbers and see how things work out without any Add-ons currently available. I'm also certain some theorycrafters already know roughly what' the best Talents are to take and for what reasoning (which I'd love to hear).

If anyone has some additional comments/explanations I'd be more than happy to listen.

Edit: will be going for Haste since it lowers the CD on a couple of abilities or does it look like Mainstat > Crit looks better since we're generating Maelstrom too fast otherwise which we can't spend in times of high burn (aka Ascendance,Heroism).
    Lv15: Boulderfist
    Lv30: Feral Lunge / Wind Rush Totem
    Lv45: Pick whatever you like
    Lv60: Ancestral Swiftness
    Lv75: Tempest
    Lv90: Crashing Storm
    Lv100: Landslide.

Its not really that hard to say why each of those talents are good. Landslide is just a straight up 20% AP buff. No contender at level 100. Crashing Storm gives decent AoE damage and is also the highest for singletarget (deals about 18% of our damage if combined if I remember correctly). Tempest gives more Storm Strikes, no other explanation needed. Ancestral Swiftness just gives more Maelstrom generation and lower cooldowns via flurry. Feral Lunge is good if you dont have to play with some utility for the group. Boulderfist blows everything else out of the water at level 15.

Sundering is strong for burst AoE, but it has its downside with the knock-aside. Stormlash is not for Cleave/AoE. Its intended as a utility buff for your group. Its really not that strong currently. Ascendance can be good for burst situations, while earthen spike is okay in terms of debuffing and increasing our damage. Still not worth picking though because... 20% AP that has a 100% uptime.

Stats should be: Mastery > Haste > Vers > Crit. Crit still doesn't offer a lot even with the buff of boulderfist. Its a decent damage buff via the talent, but still not really that great for us. Haste is purely for more attackspeed and lower cooldowns. Mastery increases Stormbringer (Storm Strike resets) and windfury proccs while also increasing all damage done by nature, fire and frost abilities.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-06-18 at 08:53 PM.

*tips m'fedora*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Lv15: Boulderfist
    Lv30: Feral Lunge / Wind Rush Totem
    Lv45: Pick whatever you like
    Lv60: Ancestral Swiftness
    Lv75: Tempest
    Lv90: Crashing Storm
    Lv100: Landslide.

Its not really that hard to say why each of those talents are good. Landslide is just a straight up 20% AP buff. No contender at level 100. Crashing Storm gives decent AoE damage and is also the highest for singletarget (deals about 18% of our damage if combined if I remember correctly). Tempest gives more Storm Strikes, no other explanation needed. Ancestral Swiftness just gives more Maelstrom generation and lower cooldowns via flurry. Feral Lunge is good if you dont have to play with some utility for the group. Boulderfist blows everything else out of the water at level 15.

Sundering is strong for burst AoE, but it has its downside with the knock-aside. Stormlash is not for Cleave/AoE. Its intended as a utility buff for your group. Its really not that strong currently. Ascendance can be good for burst situations, while earthen spike is okay in terms of debuffing and increasing our damage. Still not worth picking though because... 20% AP that has a 100% uptime.

Stats should be: Mastery > Haste > Vers > Crit. Crit still doesn't offer a lot even with the buff of boulderfist. Its a decent damage buff via the talent, but still not really that great for us. Haste is purely for more attackspeed and lower cooldowns. Mastery increases Stormbringer (Storm Strike resets) and windfury proccs while also increasing all damage done by nature, fire and frost abilities.
    Thanks for the read-up.
    So you want to take Crashing Storm and use Crash Lightning in your ST rotation too (for now) due to how the Damage scaling works ?
    Everything makes sense and my gut-feeling was right most of the time ^^.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-06-18 at 09:28 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qubis View Post
    well, I tried every class on beta servers and enhancement felt most fun tbh. Maybe we don't have a complex rotation/priority list, but the gameplay is fast and to me it felt very rewarding. Even though there are some minor flaws...I'd like to bring some more group utility to the table.

It wouldn't surprise me if Stormbringer's proc rate eats a nerf. I'm only 829 ilvl, far from the 850+ well get from raids and Im already experiencing some stretches where I'm just getting 4-5 chain procs and hitting nothing but stormstrike for 10 seconds straight. Maybe removing the proc chance from things like stormflurry and tempest would balance it out a bit.

The problem is, it's already sitting at a 3% baseline so you can't go much lower without hurting people who don't have a lot of mastery. It procs off all main-hand attacks so I suppose you can look at that. I do not think any chance should be nerfed baseline, nor the coefficient in our mastery. It's low enough as is. Just remember that in raids you won't be able to stack 14,000 mastery.