Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What if Legion made blood the 2nd dps spec and frost the tank spec?

I know we haven't seen any talents that hopefully give us the synergy with frost dps we are looking for yet. But what if the Legion dk specs listed Blood as a dps spec and made frost the tank spec? I'm not sure how they would do frost tank again but seems like blood dps is still missed by some old dks. I know I was sad they made a glad spec for warriors and didn't make a dps spec for blood

What do you guys think, would you be excited about having a Blood dps spec again?

I know this is definitely not happening, just a hypothetical. :P
    Last edited by Unholysin; 2015-11-14 at 01:56 PM.

Im curious, really really curious.

What in the entire world made you even think this could happen consider the info we gotten. like, at all. ever.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Maybe after another 3 expansions bro.

Deleted
    OP clearly lacks the comprehension to read.

Lol, I've read the Legion notes and know whats coming. Just saying a "what if" that was what they announced.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    what if i shit rainbows and when finished a leprechaun came out and wiped my ass with gold coins.

I'm no fan of unholy but both frost and blood are fine imo. I'd rather it stayed as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholysin View Post
    Lol, I've read the Legion notes and know whats coming. Just saying a "what if" that was what they announced.
    Well, if that happened, blood would be the dps spec and frost the tank spec. Done. It's not a very interesting "hypothetical" scenario, really. I mean. What the fuck did you expect response wise?

I agree with most people here it's probably not going to ever happen.

DW being a tank spec would be weird.

I would rather they just bring back blood dps period. Glad stance should have been given to blood to begin with. I know they wanted a sword/board DPS spec but Blood thematically made the most sense to give as a DPS "tank" spec. I don't think it will ever come back even though it should. Frost should have only been the dual wield spec when they made the changes to our trees being defined to a specific role. Blood should have been the hard hitting physical damage dps spec and tank spec(changed some things around based on whether or not you spec'd into the dps presence talent), and the tanking spec. And unholy is the necrotic/disease 2H dps.

RIP armor penetration

was hoping blood dps would creep back into the game in legion similar to glad stance... disappointed to see they're removing glad and the likelyhood of blood dps ever occurring being reduced with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays both Blood and Frost specs, I would not like the change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What would be the point? Why would it happen? What is there even to think about or discuss?

What if... this thread was never made? Just a hypothetical since we all know it exists already.
    Always' Weak Auras - My Pastebin

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    What would be the point? Why would it happen? What is there even to think about or discuss?
    When they removed blood being a dps spec they gave the theme of it to two handed frost. With the removal of two handed frost there is no longer a heavy hitting physical two hand dps spec for Death Knights. Blood dps should come back to fill that niche and it still thematically would make sense for Death Knights. As much as I'm glad they are getting rid of 2h frost in the name of balance, I'm upset they are getting rid of an iconic play style of the class.

No!

Frost is an unique dps spec. Blood dps was too similar to warriors

I could at least see them adding a "gladiator stance" type ability for blood DKs. That would make most of the people who loved Blood DPS and most of the 2h Frost lovers happy I would think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    what if i shit rainbows and when finished a leprechaun came out and wiped my ass with gold coins.
    this /10char

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I could at least see them adding a "gladiator stance" type ability for blood DKs. That would make most of the people who loved Blood DPS and most of the 2h Frost lovers happy I would think.
    For the simple reason that Glad Stance is getting removed I highly doubt Blizz would actually consider doing that. Blizz was obviously unhappy with how it worked out and I doubt they will try again with another class. Granted, I thought that about fistweaver when they killed that but they are trying it again with disc priest...