Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysin View Post
    I know I was sad they made a glad spec for warriors and didn't make a dps spec for blood
    Glad spec is dead, Dave.

What if hunter can cast frostbolt and mage aimed shot?

I would be the happpiest man in the world, then I would realize it has to be a dream due to the amount of bullshit involved.

Considering Frost Presence was the tanking presence originally at launch, still annoyed me that they rolled with Frost as the dps and converted blood to tank. As I always preferred blood dps, then unholy, frost last.

Deleted
    We already had that scenario in WotLK, DKs weere made with that setup but for some odd reason they wanted it changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I could at least see them adding a "gladiator stance" type ability for blood DKs. That would make most of the people who loved Blood DPS and most of the 2h Frost lovers happy I would think.
    Was a failure for Warrior, they couldn't balance it well and that was dealing with Sword and Board...would be even worse with a 2H weapon.

What if my mother had a dick? Would she be my father?

What if i didn't waste the 2 minutes i just wasted reading this drivel? i suspect i would be far happier with life

Id love to see that again , as someone who enjoyed wrath blood dps

blood spec as dps would only be a warrior's wet dream... if it were to ever exist at all. That's why it's tanking only now.

No since dps+szrong self heal is op and blood without the vampiristic 'feed on blood' theme is not blood spec style.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Considering Frost Presence was the tanking presence originally at launch, still annoyed me that they rolled with Frost as the dps and converted blood to tank. As I always preferred blood dps, then unholy, frost last.
    Frost may have been the Tank presence but blood was the spec most DK tanks were using, so it made a lot more sense to change a presence than change an entire talent tree.
    Beta Club Brosquad

i miss the original DK model where you could DPS or tank under any spec, that is what made the class so fun. Blood was best for normal tanking, frost was best for aoe tanking, and unholy was best for spell damage based tanking. Blizzard got rid of it because it was so hard to balance the specs, but it was so much fun and DK just sucked after they got rid of that for cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Frost may have been the Tank presence but blood was the spec most DK tanks were using, so it made a lot more sense to change a presence than change an entire talent tree.
    QFT
    Blood had the best tools for tanking once you got past the intro fresh-80 equipment. Frost was the best when you had no idea what you were doing. And unholy tried it's damnedest to do what paladins had been doing all through TBC (and did it pretty damned well if you knew what was up).

is they changed any DK spec, what they need to do is make unholy a ranged spec. hark back to the original death knights and give another int plate spec, something that is waaaay over due.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I really loved frost tanking, when they moved it to blood, I left my DK to gather dust.

Its not happening, and that's a shame as It was by far my favorite tank class and spec.

RIP twohanded tanking, thats the approximate resultat of your hypothetical scenario.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If that happened then my DK would be my main again, IMO Frost was the best of the three tanking specs and I loved Blood DPS too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people remember frost being 'the tank' spec in WoTLK. Frost sucked at launch, unholy was way better on pretty much every encounter. Better magic damage reduction, better damage, and better CDs. Unbreakable armor was awful.

All the specializations got use in Ulduar/ToC, and in ICC Blood was pretty much cemented as the best tank specialization, and also pretty OP with enough armor penetration as a DPS specialization too.

But yeah, despite Frost presence being the "tank" presence, it certainly wasn't ever the strongest tank spec for DKs over a period of time. A couple bosses? Yeah, but even Unholy saw more time, especially at launch. I think a lot of people get noob trapped and associated frost as being the tank spec because of the presence.

Frost had more straight avoidance talents that were more awesome when people undergeared. Unholy had the largest damage reduction that really step forward once you had the gear to make boneshield charges last for the duration of its cooldown. Blood was badass for augmenting incoming heals to make your healer that much better....ON TOP of having wonderful self healing. Actually I want to say that blood had more straight up tanking talents than the other trees past the 11 pt mark.