1. #3441
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by 1i3t0 View Post
    And why is it bad again? Are you would prefer doing extra 1% on that one specific pull and not ±2% here and there BUT higher average damage — this is important for you why exactly?

    What i personally don't get is why my 890 frond sims higher than 910 stat stick with agility and mastery. Like, really? What about CoF? It sims higher than foking everything except for DoS. AMR sims 880 DoS over most 900 trinkets. Even Without sholders.

    p.s. dos+cof with mantle feels like best combo for raiding. Stat sticks are fine for low M+. CoF+Frond for high M+ / switch to raid setup on bosses.
    Think its al the math and abstract theory's who make it hard for you to see what they mean. Il make a try explain,

    Imagine you got a car, it's fantastic on paper cause it's avrage speed is wery high and it get you on paper where you want realy fast. Problem is that sometimes it get you to your destination in no time, but sometimes it just stop halfway and you have to walk last km, or other times it don't even start.

    Then your also got this ugly ass Volvo from 1985 who go realy slow and smell shit, but it ALWAS start, it never stop and get you where you want, not wery fast but you get there.

    Now you wife is in labour and you need to go to the hospital, witch car do you take and why is it bad to take the other?

  2. #3442
    It's a very colourful analogy but to put it into context:
    Consistent stat stick with 1200 mastery: 2% dps
    Inconsistent Frond: 1-7% dps

    Still think your analogy makes sense?

  3. #3443
    Quote Originally Posted by 1i3t0 View Post
    It's a very colourful analogy but to put it into context:
    Consistent stat stick with 1200 mastery: 2% dps
    Inconsistent Frond: 1-7% dps

    Still think your analogy makes sense?
    Since progression is measured in kills, not boss percentage at wipe (at least not externally), yes, the analogy makes sense.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning
    "A stick is a love letter that hasn't been made into paper yet."
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  4. #3444
    Personally I am not a fan of Frond due to the inconsistency. You have to make you own choice on priority. If you are doing progression and are using Frond and get unlucky and your raid just barely misses the kill, the more consistent option could have made a difference. That seems to be the argument a lot of people are making. However, if you equip stat stick and THEN just barely miss the boss kill, the argument can be made that if you had used Frond and gotten lucky, it could have been a kill.

    It still comes down to it siming a higher AVERAGE. I think people are more aware when the trinket under performs, but according to sims it should perform higher AND lower than other trinkets, but perform higher more often than lower.

  5. #3445
    Today i got a 900 Splinters of Agronax, what do you guys think?

    Should i replace CoF 875 or Urn 875?

  6. #3446
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay098 View Post
    Personally I am not a fan of Frond due to the inconsistency. You have to make you own choice on priority. If you are doing progression and are using Frond and get unlucky and your raid just barely misses the kill, the more consistent option could have made a difference. That seems to be the argument a lot of people are making. However, if you equip stat stick and THEN just barely miss the boss kill, the argument can be made that if you had used Frond and gotten lucky, it could have been a kill.

    It still comes down to it siming a higher AVERAGE. I think people are more aware when the trinket under performs, but according to sims it should perform higher AND lower than other trinkets, but perform higher more often than lower.
    As far as i've been able to tell, nbf performing better in sims is down to the sims making nbf's ppm more consistent than it really is. If the damn thing procced within it's ppm like it's purported to, then i should get more than 1 proc in 10 minutes, no matter what. But that's not the case, and it's proc chance is indeed that stupid.

  7. #3447
    Every time I've said "you know what, I'm going to give that NBF a chance again" I've been let down. The few times that I've slapped it on and ran it for a full raid or two, I've gone back to my logs and checked its percentage of my damage for every fight and averaged them. I've never had it be over 2.8%. Most of the time it's hovering around 1.8-2.0%. Sims say that 4.2% is what it should do, and it rarely lives up to that. The last time I gave it a quick go again I used it on 8 fights. It had an 8%, 3.8%, and the rest were 2.5% or less. It's just so F'n inconsistent, my class is already RNG dependent, I don't need another one that fluctuates wildly.

  8. #3448
    Inconsistent you say https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24225739 . That feel when RNG says "No!"

  9. #3449
    Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could look over my logs. I *really* tried here and came out with a shit parse.

    I know my legendaries are crap for the spec, but that can't be the only reason.

    Thanks!

    warcraftlogs. com/reports/8RDCLt1Y9NAqWvZJ#view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=15

  10. #3450
    Quote Originally Posted by surgency View Post
    Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could look over my logs. I *really* tried here and came out with a shit parse.

    I know my legendaries are crap for the spec, but that can't be the only reason.

    Thanks!

    warcraftlogs. com/reports/8RDCLt1Y9NAqWvZJ#view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=15
    without knowing the gear i only see a crappy managing of envenom/surge of toxin

  11. #3451
    Quote Originally Posted by Nospmas View Post
    Inconsistent you say https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24225739 . That feel when RNG says "No!"
    The real problem here is you're not playing around the trinket.
    You only have 11 hits, which means you did not manage to get a full window for the trinket.
    You can blame the luck, but try to have an optimal usage of it as well.

  12. #3452
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    without knowing the gear i only see a crappy managing of envenom/surge of toxin
    Well if youre interested, it's Sionix on Area-52

    Appreciate your time.

  13. #3453
    Must admit I am liking the sub changes so far.

    but where are the Assassination changes!? please! i need to know what is gonna happen to Agonizing Poison.

  14. #3454
    Bloodsail Admiral Msi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,125
    Could some 1 help me out, I've got both entwined elemental foci (910) and DoS (880) which one is better to use?

  15. #3455
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Could some 1 help me out, I've got both entwined elemental foci (910) and DoS (880) which one is better to use?
    I would highly suggest you go sim your character on AMR (askmrrobot.com). No one can tell you for sure. If you have the shoulders, it's probably a wash, if you don't have the shoulder the Foci is almost definitely an upgrade.

    I have shoulders and boots, and taking off my DOS and equipping a Tirathon's trinket that is socketed was an upgrade in my DPS because the boots vendetta uptime scales better with mastery etc. DOS does not scale at all with any of our skills, the only thing that helps DOS is making sure you have surge of toxins up and all 5 stacks of AP. If you have shoulders, you want to use it in the shoulder crit window to get all crits out of the trinket.

  16. #3456
    Quote Originally Posted by surgency View Post
    Well if youre interested, it's Sionix on Area-52

    Appreciate your time.
    other the maintanance of the two buffs, no 4p and maybe try to take more pieces with more mastery than crit

  17. #3457
    Stood in the Fire Won7on's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    499
    Anyone know what the trait priority is after Vendetta CD, Envenom dmg, and Rupture dmg? My gut said Rupture crit, but I see some people doing Poison Knives and Master Alchemist first. Makes sense given how high our Mastery/AP scaling is at the moment.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

  18. #3458
    anyone know an addon that counts how many poison bombs and BotA you had in a fight ? and how many consecutive casts failed to proc it ?

  19. #3459
    Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    Anyone know what the trait priority is after Vendetta CD, Envenom dmg, and Rupture dmg? My gut said Rupture crit, but I see some people doing Poison Knives and Master Alchemist first. Makes sense given how high our Mastery/AP scaling is at the moment.
    using ap and bracer+boots for me the priority was 2MA + env>PK>ruptures>MA>master alchemist
    so now with the new traits probably is 3MA or 1MA+env>pk>ruptures>MA>master alchemist

    dont know how it become with shoulders

  20. #3460
    Bloodsail Admiral Msi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,125
    Is Mark of the Hidden Satyr is better than Mark of the Trained Soldier? I see alot Sin Rogues going for the last neck enchant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •