Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Neither of those women are curvy. One is well endowed and fairly normal framed. The other is grossly obese, and no one would argue otherwise.
    id do them both

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, #healthyateverysize, for encouraging more and more people to become fat, lazy pigs. God this is terrible, why the hell do people encourage this unhealthy living? It's nothing to do about looks, it's about heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and the myriad of disease that morbid obesity brings with it.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    You're not fighting obesity, you're fighting the people who are obese. There's a difference.

One is a choice for one's self to make and do something about. The other is being an ass.
    Hey, it's not our fault that they're not taking care of their health/looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Thank you, #healthyateverysize, for encouraging more and more people to become fat, lazy pigs. God this is terrible, why the hell do people encourage this unhealthy living? It's nothing to do about looks, it's about heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and the myriad of disease that morbid obesity brings with it.
    #end heartattack shaming

Speaking as someone who is morbidly obese, it doesn't help that healthy food is more expensive. And no, I don't pig out and eat a dozen pizzas a day - on average, I actually eat once or twice a day cause that's all I have time for and can afford, and it's normal portions. But it's all cheap food - lots of breads, pastas, stuff chock full of carbs. Cheap food is usually the worst kind of food you can possibly buy, but if you're broke, like so many people are, it's what you buy.

Cheap, fast, easy to make = tons of fats, sugars and carbs = morbidly obese people. As more people try to stretch their dollars, work longer hours and spend less time working out, the more you're gonna see obesity rise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Speaking as someone who is morbidly obese, it doesn't help that healthy food is more expensive. And no, I don't pig out and eat a dozen pizzas a day - on average, I actually eat once or twice a day cause that's all I have time for and can afford, and it's normal portions. But it's all cheap food - lots of breads, pastas, stuff chock full of carbs. Cheap food is usually the worst kind of food you can possibly buy, but if you're broke, like so many people are, it's what you buy.

Cheap, fast, easy to make = tons of fats, sugars and carbs = morbidly obese people. As more people try to stretch their dollars, work longer hours and spend less time working out, the more you're gonna see obesity rise.
    Bullshit, I made a point of keeping track of my spending buying unhealthy shitty food, vs low carb low fat foods. It was cheaper to take the time to buy good food and make it for myself, than to be a lazy hog and rely on drive-through to feed me.

1 frozen bag of chicken breasts is about $8 for 10 breasts, 1 bag of frozen veggies for 1lb runs between $1.50-$2.00

Take 2 of those chicken breasts and 1/3 of the bag of veggies and you've got a healthy meal for a very reasonable price.
    The issue isn't cost, the issue is lack of discipline, lack of willingness to eat the less tasty meals, and lack of motivation to actually take the time to cook meals.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Actually if you go to a grocery store and fill one cart with healthy food and another with garbage the healthy cart with have a lot more food in it. As for you assertion that people don't have time to eat properly...bullshit. I spend 10-16 hours a day on the hillside (actual work time not travel) and I still eat properly. For the majority of the population being fat is a choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, I made a point of keeping track of my spending buying unhealthy shitty food, vs low carb low fat foods. It was cheaper to take the time to buy good food and make it for myself, than to be a lazy hog and rely on drive-through to feed me.

1 frozen bag of chicken breasts is about $8 for 10 breasts, 1 bag of frozen veggies for 1lb runs between $1.50-$2.00

Take 2 of those chicken breasts and 1/3 of the bag of veggies and you've got a healthy meal for a very reasonable price.
    The issue isn't cost, the issue is lack of discipline, lack of willingness to eat the less tasty meals, and lack of motivation to actually take the time to cook meals.
    Beat me to it. What it comes down to is that people are lazy. Easier to press quick heat on your microwave than cook a decent meal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooktender View Post
    Actually if you go to a grocery store and fill one cart with healthy food and another with garbage the healthy cart with have a lot more food in it. As for you assertion that people don't have time to eat properly...bullshit. I spend 10-16 hours a day on the hillside (actual work time not travel) and I still eat properly. For the majority of the population being fat is a choice.

That last point is especially important. Less than 5% of the population has hypothyroidism, which is about the only medical excuse for being a fat. Of that 5%, the vast majority's hypothyroidism only accounts for 15-20lbs worth of weight gain before the body compensates.

over 30% of the population is now fat....time to stop blaming everything but ourselves and our own choices and lack of self control.

I was once fat, not even close to morbidly obese but fat for sure. I accepted I was lazy and just making excuses, money didn't really play any part in it. I'm eating almost the same kind of food now as I was then. My "secret"? I eat less.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Hey, it's not our fault that they're not taking care of their health/looks.
    You're right. It's also not your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Roberta Gemma is my kind of curvy.
    Read that as Robert first. kek x)

Fast food is the best way to go broke. I'm talking about groceries - the cheapest foods, by far, are rice, pasta and beans. They are absolute, dirt-cheap. One box of pasta, which is good for two meals, is a little less than a buck. If you add in some tomato paste, mix in a little water, then you've got two meals for about 75 cents each. And yeah, I do buy chopped broccoli too, but a little broccoli isn't going to do shit for making you lose weight.

When I've only got 20 bucks in my pocket and I have to make it last more than a week...I stock up on pasta, tomato paste, get some chopped broccoli, and maybe some bread and milk. Not at all healthy, but when you're broke, it's what you do.

Fast food is the best way to go broke. I'm talking about groceries - the cheapest foods, by far, are rice, pasta and beans. They are absolute, dirt-cheap. One box of pasta, which is good for two meals, is a little less than a buck. If you add in some tomato paste, mix in a little water, then you've got two meals for about 75 cents each. And yeah, I do buy chopped broccoli too, but a little broccoli isn't going to do shit for making you lose weight.

When I've only got 20 bucks in my pocket and I have to make it last more than a week...I stock up on pasta, tomato paste, get some chopped broccoli, and maybe some bread and milk. Not at all healthy, but when you're broke, it's what you do.
    Cabbage is extremely cheap, tasty and healthy. Just a tip
    Mother pus bucket!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How did I know people were gonna blame the fat sensitivity/acceptence among fat women?

All kidding aside, this is an epidemic. And it must be contained!

and they all wonder why theyre single.

Ayep. The "fat is beautiful" movement is contributing to this, for sure.

I've found that snacking on apples is a great, cheap and healthy way to get rid of a sweet tooth and hunger pangs in between meals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    I've found that snacking on apples is a great, cheap and healthy way to get rid of a sweet tooth and hunger pangs in between meals.
    Snacking on fruit too much is bad, fruits are very high in sugar. But then, anything too much is bad for you.

Deleted
    Wait, I thought Tennisace was a feminist warrior?

Being feminist implies you fight "beauty standard" and promote fat acceptance as well !

You're doing it wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Can of veggies = $.40-$.50 on sale (usually 1-2 servings)
    1lb bag of frozen veggies = $1.50-$2.00 (this is at least 4 servings)
    1lb bag of Frozen Salmon = $8 (8 fillets, 4-8 servings depending on your hunger)
    1lb bag of Frozen Chicken Breasts = $$6-8 (10 breasts, 5-10 servings depending on your hunger)
    Tuna = .40-.50 per can (1 serving)
    Fresh Fruits, prices will vary but you're looking at between .50-$1 per serving (bananas regularly go for $0.60/lb around here)
    Frozen bags of fruit run about the same as veggies.

Tell me again, how this is expensive? This is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Open your eyes, watch the ads, watch for sales, stop being lazy, STOP MAKING EXCUSES. Invest in your own health.