View Poll Results: Which should be included first?

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • Keeper

    2 3.70%
  • Tinker

    22 40.74%
  • Dragonsworn

    13 24.07%
  • Necromancer

    17 31.48%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Holy necro topic batman.

    Anyway, again, professions=/=classes.

    Rogues use alchemy, alchemy can be used by anyone.
    The last two posts were from yesterday, I didn't read before that. Oops.


    The class is Rogue, not alchemist. Rogue isn't a synonym of alchemy. Tinker and Engineer are literally the same things.

  2. #62
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The last two posts were from yesterday, I didn't read before that. Oops.


    The class is Rogue, not alchemist. Rogue isn't a synonym of alchemy. Tinker and Engineer are literally the same things.
    Rogues use alchemy in all of their specs, be it through healing draughts or poisons, their class logo is literally a vial of poison surrounded by daggers. Therefore using your logic, they are synonymous with the alchemy profession.

    Just becausee the Engineer class can make rockets, doesn't mean they can shapeshift into a giant mech suit that is tricked out with sawblades and flamethrowers while jetting across the floor with boosters.

    Your logic basically equates Death Knights and Warriors as being the same thing, because they wear heavy plate armour and hit people with weapons. You're failing to take into account the other things that make them separate.

    All Rogues are alchemists, not all alchemists are rogues.
    All Tinkerers are engineers, not all engineers are Tinkerers.

    Here's another example, are structural engineers and motorvehicle engineers the same thing?
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-01-22 at 02:28 AM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    This is why Tinker class is good since it clashes with non of the classes.
    Hot damn, you replied to a post I made 2 years ago.

    With Allied Races in play, a Gnome/Goblin only Tinker is a terrible idea IMO. But hey, Blizzard's all about terrible ideas so it could happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

  4. #64
    Old God Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    10,082
    I am partial to the Necromancer, I think it has a lot of potential; just give it a D2 vibe (e.g. you cast Exhume Corpse, like the Meat Wagons in WC3, and then cast Corpse Explosion in order to do damage or heal, according to your spec) and I'm sold

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Hot damn, you replied to a post I made 2 years ago.

    With Allied Races in play, a Gnome/Goblin only Tinker is a terrible idea IMO. But hey, Blizzard's all about terrible ideas so it could happen.
    Oh gosh no! I don't want tinker class to be exclusive to goblins/gnomes, I want it to be more available to other races like dwarves or humans.

  6. #66
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Rogues use alchemy in all of their specs, be it through healing draughts or poisons, their class logo is literally a vial of poison surrounded by daggers. Therefore using your logic, they are synonymous with the alchemy profession.
    That is not what the word synonym means and that is not at all the logic I'm using. The words tinker and engineer are literally dictionary synonyms. If rogues lost access to poisons in their entirety they would still be rogues because there is more to rogues than poisons. You can't do that with a tinker. A tinker who can't use the basic contraptions an engineer can make is absurd. An engineer who can already make complex mech suits to fly around and harvest materials with should reasonably be able to hit someone with the sawblade they were just using to gather that herb.

    Just becausee the Engineer class can make rockets, doesn't mean they can shapeshift into a giant mech suit that is tricked out with sawblades and flamethrowers while jetting across the floor with boosters.
    Engineers already make mechs with sawblades and boosters, except they're mounts. This is probably the worst example you could use for your argument. ._.

    Your logic basically equates Death Knights and Warriors as being the same thing, because they wear heavy plate armour and hit people with weapons. You're failing to take into account the other things that make them separate.
    Death Knight and Warrior are not frigging synonyms please look up the word "synonym" so you can at least make a valid argument.
    A warrior can't raise the dead. A warrior doesn't use magic. A Death Knight isn't strong enough to wield two 2h weapons at once nor are they proficient in all weapons. A tinker not being able to do something an engineer can do and vice versa doesn't make any sense. There is virtually nothing that makes them separate.


    All Rogues are alchemists, not all alchemists are rogues.
    Some rogues are alchemists, applying poisons to your weapons does not make you an alchemist anymore than owning a cat makes you a lion tamer.

    All Tinkerers are engineers, not all engineers are Tinkerers.
    "I possess absurd technological prowess and knowledge and can make combat mech suits however I cannot seem to operate this gnomish army knife or a simple stick of dynamite"
    -A tinker

    "I can make mech suits with sawblades I just can't seem to get them to hit stuff with them"
    -An engineer

    Here's another example, are structural engineers and motorvehicle engineers the same thing?
    Neither of those are classes and using real-world examples of engineers doesn't make any sense given the context.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2018-01-23 at 12:47 AM.

  7. #67
    Deleted
    That is not what the word synonym means and that is not at all the logic I'm using. The words tinker and engineer are literally dictionary synonyms. If rogues lost access to poisons in their entirety they would still be rogues because there is more to rogues than poisons. You can't do that with a tinker. A tinker who can't use the basic contraptions an engineer can make is absurd. An engineer who can already make complex mech suits to fly around and harvest materials with should reasonably be able to hit someone with the sawblade they were just using to gather that herb.
    1.
    (of a word or phrase) having the same meaning as another word or phrase in the same language.
    2.
    closely associated with or suggestive of something.
    "his deeds had made his name synonymous with victory"


    Engineers already make mechs with sawblades and boosters, except they're mounts. This is probably the worst example you could use for your argument. ._.
    Yet they can't be used in combat. I specifically called it shapeshift battle form, not a mount. The point in adding in a Tinker is to have the inventor and all his gadgets be an actual fully playable class with unique mechanics. It's like in D&D, you can have tool proficiency, but you need to play an Artificer to fully expand it into actual combat class.

    Death Knight and Warrior are not frigging synonyms please look up the word "synonym" so you can at least make a valid argument.
    A warrior can't raise the dead. A warrior doesn't use magic. A Death Knight isn't strong enough to wield two 2h weapons at once nor are they proficient in all weapons. A tinker not being able to do something an engineer can do and vice versa doesn't make any sense. There is virtually nothing that makes them separate.
    1.
    (of a word or phrase) having the same meaning as another word or phrase in the same language.
    2.
    closely associated with or suggestive of something.
    "his deeds had made his name synonymous with victory"


    Also nice reading comprehension, I literally just said you are ignoring those things in the example. A Death Knight could easily be simplified as an undead warrior who utilise rune magic.

    Some rogues are alchemists, applying poisons to your weapons does not make you an alchemist anymore than owning a cat makes you a lion tamer.
    They have an ability where they chug on an Alchemically made potion of health draught. Every single spec. They all utilise Alchemy in their kits suggesting they are made BY the Rogue. Your analogy is not only way off base, it's just straight up ludicrous.

    "I possess absurd technological prowess and knowledge and can make combat mech suits however I cannot seem to operate this gnomish army knife or a simple stick of dynamite"
    -A tinker

    "I can make mech suits with sawblades I just can't seem to get them to hit stuff with them"
    -An engineer
    "I possess absurd knowledge of nature and can pluck seeds from the ground to bloom into healing my allies"
    - A Resto Druid

    "I posses absurd knowledge of nature and can pluck seeds from the ground to use in concoctions to heal my allies"
    - A Herbalist

    They are similar and compliment each other.

    Neither of those are classes and using real-world examples of engineers doesn't make any sense given the context.
    Of course it does, you are saying everything a Tinker can do an Engineer can do, and vice versa. You are completely ignoring the possible specialisations a Tinker would have over a baseline Engineer. The same way saying a structural engineer and a motor vehicle engineer do the same thing because they both have engineer in the title.

  8. #68
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,537
    Thread title is "all new class ideas" yet three out of four are already existing ideas that have been tossed around in this forum for many, many years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Thread title is "all new class ideas" yet three out of four are already existing ideas that have been tossed around in this forum for many, many years...
    Indeed.

    At least this one has the potential of some random blessed individual to come up with something new.

    But i fear it will become another Tinker circlejerk.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

  10. #70
    4 new classes

    Would be even better, but tinker and necromancer were a good start

  11. #71
    dragonsworn should be a race. keeper sounds cool but why would it need plate armor? it isn't exactly throwing itself into battle while casting spells i wouldn't think. may be cool for a mage 4th spec. necromancer could easily be a 4th DK spec, even wearing cloth armor. let them heal and do damage with zombie minions, sounds great.

    tinkerers. a class that could drop a mobile turret(s) while heaving bombs and blasting it's gun would be sick imo. but could easily be a hunter reskin.

    tl;dr: i like the class skins idea mentioned many times before in other threads.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •