Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idea for prank.

Go to blizzcon with megaphone and recording of fel reaver roar.

Play roar on max volume.

Watch all the BC vets jump and look around.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    What was worse than hearing this noise in Hellfire? Hearing it and seeing the Fel Reaver bugged into his crouch stance sliding across the zone at double speed, oh TBC launch how I miss you. :c

Haha- yes, there's a video of it so I know I'm not crazy. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twvoxiJ80LE
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Idea for prank.

Go to blizzcon with megaphone and recording of fel reaver roar.

Play roar on max volume.

Watch all the BC vets jump and look around.
    Would cause a riot as a sixth of the population attempts to Divine Shield and Hearthstone in real life. :P
    Only thing that traumatized me more than that thing was Vanilla Stitches- sneaky bastard. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I don't hear anything... And I have all sound minus the music on.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I've heard it a few times now. Once in Tanaan, once in my garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Did it randomly happen? Or did you do anything special that you know of to make it happen?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The Fel Reaver is actually steathily sneaking around behind you at all times. It is trying to invoke the fear he once put into level 58's in Hellfire Peninsula.

I always did say they were 10 story tall rogues.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Could be an addon. Disable them all and see if you still hear it.

Seem to hear it at random, but also whenever i drop/fall at higher than a jump height in Ashran/Warspear.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Honestly I think it's a bug, it only happens on my paladin so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    For me it happens any time someone joins or leaves my party. Was very annoying when we mass invited for raid tonight.

They haunt me every day. You better to watch around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, just heard it for the first time afew moments ago while logging onto my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeks View Post
    #stealthpre-event #tinfoil #thanksobama
    Both the WoTLK and the Cata pre event had sort of small lead ins that weren't mentioned by any blues or patch notes.

Like Cata was more obvious with the earthquakes in SW/Org... Also

A few minor patches ago... Any time I logged on, the invisible doodads that were used to cause the stormwind earthquakes appeared as exclamation points on my minimap, for a few seconds.

So I wonder if maybe they were tweaking them around to make Fel Reaver noises instead of Earthquakes. There was quite a few of them in my Garrison too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Did it randomly happen? Or did you do anything special that you know of to make it happen?
    I'm finding, not limited to mapped zones, it seems to happen across zone borders.

So going from Lunarfall to Shadowmoon, or Ashran to the Sea, etc. And it seems to be random. Like maybe 25% of the time.

It's like the Cataclysm earthquakes, been there since the PTR. Really cool!

It will be interesting to watch this situation escalate...I wonder how over the top it's going to get... Will it just be easily avoidable like the elementals, or will it just devolve into complete city destroying havoc like the zombie plague?

Guys this is important.

The ice stone has melted

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Guys this is important.

The ice stone has melted
    I had to look that up... Which is odd because I was there for that apparently :\

This must be an addon because I haven't heard any of that and all of my volume settings are maxed. I know elvui and dbm are known for doing sneaky things like that, so it's possible that it can be an addon. There's also the possibility that it is in the game and I'm just deaf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfpally39 View Post
    Anyone else hearing the fel reaver sound in draenor post patch?
    Weird as hell

Context :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIBFAYtmQ0 This sound
    I want this to mean something. But I also don't because... *curls up into fetal position*

I'll have to make sure I have game sounds turned up and go exploring a bit after work.