Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about now, but at the beginning of wod there were bots in every rbg team even at 1500

As a healer, I will not play at all if I don't have at least 2 confirmed kickbot/rotation routines on my team as dps.

If you play legit and make it past 2100 then you either are:

A.) A God
    B.) Playing with other botters carrying the fuck out of you

Most of the above stand in group "B"

I think it's very rare to see people who don't bot; nothing screams bot when you see some 1750 for life scrub mage pull off perfect silence/deep/polys while being roasted by 2 melee dps. I don't even waste time in RBG to confirm the cheats there, people who take that mode seriously annoy the living fuck out of me.

hopefully some type of fix prevents id like to do some competing in next years arena wars

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    Can someone tell me why Add ons are allowed in rated pvp? I don't understand why they don't just make you disable all add ons when entering rated pvp.

Yea it would suck as a healer without your precious grid, but cheating in pvp should be the #1 concern of Blizzard...even before balance
    people use grid in pvp? lmfao. If kicks were more visibly seen,then i would agree with you, but with how many classes kicks don't have unique animations anymore it necessitates the need for interrupt trackers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    As a healer, I will not play at all if I don't have at least 2 confirmed kickbot/rotation routines on my team as dps.

A.) A God

I think it's very rare to see people who don't bot; nothing screams bot when you see some 1750 for life scrub mage pull off perfect silence/deep/polys while being roasted by 2 melee dps. I don't even waste time in RBG to confirm the cheats there, people who take that mode seriously annoy the living fuck out of me.
    do us a favor and uninstall you're just as cancerous as people that cheat.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I don't know about now, but at the beginning of wod there were bots in every rbg team even at 1500
    And with the rampant carries and pilots, there still is. They just want every advantage to gain rating ASAP because it makes money.

Can I chime in and ask why Blizzard lets cheating run this rampant? Doesn't it kill off incentive to PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Because addons don't do anything the default ui doesn't besides give you all the information in a much clearer and efficient way.
    Pretty much this, unless it is absolutely something blizzard didn't intend - anything goes within the addon framework of the game.
    There have been addon-based interrupt bots.
    There was also that encounter addon that I cant recall the name of at present which showed on the ground various encounter mechanics, allowing exact positioning to minimize or outright avoid them.

Both of which prompted changes to just what addons could and couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Can I chime in and ask why Blizzard lets cheating run this rampant? Doesn't it kill off incentive to PvP?
    And you think blizzard actually want it ?
    In another thread there are discussions of how after several years fighting in court to try and shut down one bot, blizzard are acquiring through some employee the source code so they can better combat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Well you can quit shilling for Blizz, CN, because the only reason Blizz is going after Honorbuddy is that gold botting affects their profits. They don't give a shit about the continued and widespread kickbots, fly hacks, pilots, scripts, DDoSers, and all the rest in PvP.

If they did they'd hire people to clean it up but they won't spend the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Well you can quit shilling for Blizz, CN, because the only reason Blizz is going after Honorbuddy is that gold botting affects their profits. They don't give a shit about the continued and widespread kickbots, fly hacks, pilots, scripts, DDoSers, and all the rest in PvP.

If they did they'd hire people to clean it up but they won't spend the money.
    It's like they don't even GIVE A SHIT about PvP compared to PvE. They'll throw a bone every now and then but that's about it.

Makes me wonder, how much does PvP affect class balancing decisions when it's time for patches?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    It's like they don't even GIVE A SHIT about PvP compared to PvE. They'll throw a bone every now and then but that's about it.

Makes me wonder, how much does PvP affect class balancing decisions when it's time for patches?
    Historically PvP has always been a secondary concern. There have been plenty of times when a class is in a good spot in pvp and then they get a buff directed towards pve and they become crazy OP.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Blizzard's anti-hack team is pretty incompetent. This season is worse than ever. I wonder if they will fail as much with Overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yeah then please explain the overly huge amount of players who are focusing on one target and auto-interrupting the other the 0.01 sec he starts casting?

Because when shitty healers cast they stop moving for a kong period of time and make it obvious that u are about to cast. So they kick when u stop moving. Cause they know that u suck and will land the kick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    Because when shitty healers cast they stop moving for a kong period of time and make it obvious that u are about to cast. So they kick when u stop moving. Cause they know that u suck and will land the kick.
    You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak. Thanks. (for reference: that's a joke from a Brass Eye intro, the Animals episode.)

Seriously though: there's a difference between a good kicker and a kickbot, and the difference is ridiculously obvious. If what you say is true, simply stopping and moving on would be enough to fake cast - but it isn't. They don't kick unless you start casting, and when you do start casting, they've kicked you as soon as you see the cast come through.
    But it makes them predictable as well; because they will ALWAYS kick you instantly after 0.01 seconds of starting the cast - so INSTANTLY cancelling the cast gets a 60-70% success rate of fake casting. Sometimes even canceling it instantly isn't enough to be quicker than the kickbot, though.

I've run into one kickbot last season and I never saw something so blatantly obvious. I've run into a TON of good (human) kickers, and they were much, much harder than the kickbot (not knowing when they'll kick means you can fake cast yourself to death) - but the kickbot was just insta kicking everything.

Yesterday I was watching Minpojke's stream, by the way, and they did run into a couple of kickbots - but they seem to be so used to them they're hardly worth mentioning, and they're generally easy to outplay (using the insta-cancel trick I described here).
    Last edited by mmocbc5645dc6c; 2015-11-23 at 08:11 AM.

Never been a decent arena player, used to play 2vs2 just for conquest marks. But even at my low rating ( Highest was 1750 poor comp and i am not good lol ) You can tell there is cheating going off.

Its the way of many in games online it always has been. Amazing players it wont affect as they play it alot. It should not happen but thats the way it is i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    Can someone tell me why Add ons are allowed in rated pvp? I don't understand why they don't just make you disable all add ons when entering rated pvp.

Yea it would suck as a healer without your precious grid, but cheating in pvp should be the #1 concern of Blizzard...even before balance
    Because Blizz standard UI sucks. I'm sure most of the tournament players would play with addons if that was possible, even if it was just a "small" addon to show trinket timers and stuff like that.

You can also see this in the small evolution of the Blizz UI, they've added party/raid frames, moveable portraits, bag search, group finder, timer countdown (or no?), simply because it was/is lacking in many areas. My biggest gripe is that you can't move the action bars, and you're stuck with the game menu and bags with your action bars, both of which you shouldn't need in a heated moment of combat .

And as mentioned, it's not the addons that create cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Historically PvP has always been a secondary concern. There have been plenty of times when a class is in a good spot in pvp and then they get a buff directed towards pve and they become crazy OP.
    Oh yes, like the new damage buffs to enh/dk/warrior, because they weren't doing too well in PvE. They also seem quite slow to fix obivous PvP issues too, like stampede and thirst for blood back in MoP.

if you go on twitch right now, you will see a russian guy actually writing in his title that he use fakebot/kickbot.

I run into the CC more than I would like. You know when you get kicked .1 second into your cast or DKs death grip a monk roll half a foot from the start point repeatedly they are betting. A mage with the CC bot is a dangerous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    sad truth is it takes zero effort to play half the classes so half the time ppl are just getting super lucky
    Ah, you're THAT guy, the old "this game is 2 ez,i only look like i sux cuz i dun care".

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post

A.) A God

rofl. disgusting.
    Hi Sephurik

If you beat me you're cheating, if I beat you you're a noob who should stay outta the arena.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!