Thread: If Trump wins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    If Trump wins, I'm going to seriously look into moving to Canada.
    Enjoy still paying taxs as a american! COOM BY YA!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The biggest things he does are: approve or veto legislation, command the military, and call Congress to meet in a session.
    So the President really doesn't have the power to change anything? If US citizens want change it has to be done through Congress?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Do you think police become even more thuggish, racist, and aggressive?
    they'll probably be as realist as they have always been
    with the authority to do their jobs restored

This is like saying if Obama wins, there's no way for white people to win in america and he'll legalize crack or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    If he becomes president ill lead an exodus of hispanics back south under the name of mantequilla.

I hope so! I think the GOP is a relic of a bygone age.

I want a pro human advancement and preservation party emphasizing space travel to take its place.

If GOP wants to return to a viable party they have to kick out all the fucking crazies and take a sharp turn to the left on most issues

Abandon ship! Lifeboats are first come, first serve!
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    So the President really doesn't have the power to change anything? If US citizens want change it has to be done through Congress?
    There's certain things that can be done solely by the president through executive orders to federal agencies. Everything else is "call your congress people and senators."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a 0% chance Donald Trump could win an election so this doesn't matter. But for giggles, let's say he did have a chance and actually won. All enemies of the US become emboldened knowing the country is now lead by a man who is as prepared to be president as the average American. The US loses clout across the globe as our election process is seen as a farce and the population viewed as imbeciles. Law enforcement and police unions probably gain more power, but honestly, it wouldn't even matter at that point. We'd have far more pressing issues to deal with. It would be a total clusterfuck.
    Last edited by Televators; 2015-11-18 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Translation: Having experience is bad, pick someone that has no experience, they will do better. Because that works well in every other profession.
    That isn't what he meant and you know it, stop playing dumb with easy stuff. It's disingenuous to what he was talking about.

Getting career politicians out of the mix, those guys whose only skill anymore is wheeling, dealing and peddling influence while soaking up campaign contributions would be a huge start in the right direction.

As for Trump, with the state of affairs in how the government works and based on who is funding it and its participants it doesn't matter if he wins, or anyone else wins. Big money is going to win either way, and any pinch they get based on whether its an R or a D in office will be offset elsewhere. This game has been way too obvious for way too long, I'm not sure why people still buy into it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Haha hahahahahaha I remember when Obama was running and I distinctly remember ppl in here saying they were moving to Canada if he were to win. All the shit those ppl got for saying that.

How in the world does someone come to the conclusion that a change in presidency will alter how cops behave?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    If Trump wins, reality will hit him hard and we will have another useless president in the white house.
    I don't think Trump is capable of understanding what reality is.

But if Trump wins he will be nothing more than what he is now, a talking head. He will have no more power over things than Obama has. And when he doesn't get what he wants he'll blame everyone else.

What effect will this have on the average person? Nothing much. How will it affect the people who support him? There will be no living with them.......

Thankfully, state and local law enforcement have fuck-all to do with who is or isn't in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    If he wins, the GOP as we know it is pretty much dead. I do not think they will let that happen.
    That seems bizarre -- how on earth does a GOP candidate winning the election mean the GOP is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    How in the world does someone come to the conclusion that a change in presidency will alter how cops behave?
    I hate to say it but somebody's gotta be at least a little racist to think cops will behave differently if a white man gets into office

less on more and more keep the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    That seems bizarre -- how on earth does a GOP candidate winning the election mean the GOP is dead?
    Because his victory and actions afterwards will presumably turn the american public off of the GOP and their politics in a very extreme way. Idk if long term it will die, but you can probably see this effect in Obama's victory after 8 years of Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    That would be the design, actually. If we wanted it the other way, we could have just started our own monarchy.

If Trump wins I'm going to celebrate all the leftists leaving the country and moving to Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Please do and take most of the other liberals with you.