Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I see many of you left leaning forum participants making fun of these black students with their demanding a safe space
    It is you that created this monster with your decades of propaganda race card pulling rhetoric convincing blacks everything and anything that doesn't go their way anything negative that effects them is because of racism

I'd rather they put their efforts towards making the whole university safe for... everybody?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just stupid. Might sound great in theory to some people, but barriers like this will only increase racism, not alleviate it. I understand whites are the ones getting it easier in many aspects, but the goal should be to bring people together, not separate them from each other. Separating them asks them to be treated differently, and hardly ever in a good way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    Instead of black safe zones, why not "Safe Learning" zones? No politics, no racial crap, no distractions. Punish those that decide to break this zone rule. Libraries, classrooms, dormatories, and cafeterias come to mind, minus classes that have cirriculums around politics or social issues. Any public space outside of these areas is fair game imo.
    Would be rather hard to enforce since the discrimination most crybabies face in our world today is in their own head.

A black kid is walking to class and sees a white kid look at him... Anxiety takes the wheel and the black kid starts thinking stuff like "He probably thinks I am going to rob him because I am black!" "What a racist white kid!" "All these racist white kids all around me!"

And then he is giving an interview about how he is discriminated against at Princeton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    If south africa had known dang it too late too little.
    Twitter comes too late to protect them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...

This pretty much sums up why America is why it is.

I suggest everyone watch this movie ASAP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

They want to take Woodrow Wilson's name off a building? Former President and architect of the League of Nations, Woodrow fucking Wilson? I dislike my own party sometimes.

We've come full circle it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.

It's like you people just want to attack what you THINK a "safe zone" is.

A safe zone - a concept borrowed from the LGBTQ community (if it existed elsewhere first, forgive me) - is not 'segregation'.
    LGBTQ safe zones are staffed by trained personnel who are there to offer support specifically to LGBTQ students. Their training helps them address issues and concerns specific to that community, rather than generalized, "one size fits all" help. (For instance, information on gay-friendly housing, or doctors who specialize in transitioning.) It is also a place where homophobic/transphobic comments are not only not tolerated, but are confronted directly with evidence-based reasoning and information.

LGBTQ safe zones are not limited to LGBTQ students, although those who do not belong to that group are encouraged to listen and support rather than monopolize conversation and resources.

Now, swap the letters "LGBTQ" and replace them with "black student" and you will have what a black student safe zone is.
    (i.e. nothing like what anyone has suggested so far.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blacks have problems statistically, but not including whites into the discussion and solution is only going to make is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Sigh.

A safe zone - a concept borrowed from the LGBTQ community (if it existed elsewhere first, forgive me) - is not 'segregation'.
    LGBTQ safe zones are staffed by trained personnel who are there to offer support specifically to LGBTQ students. Their training helps them address issues and concerns specific to that community, rather than generalized, "one size fits all" help. (For instance, information on gay-friendly housing, or doctors who specialize in transitioning.) It is also a place where homophobic/transphobic comments are not only not tolerated, but are confronted directly with evidence-based reasoning and information.

LGBTQ safe zones are not limited to LGBTQ students, although those who do not belong to that group are encouraged to listen and support rather than monopolize conversation and resources.

Now, swap the letters "LGBTQ" and replace them with "black student" and you will have what a black student safe zone is.
    There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what an acceptable safe space is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/aeman-a...b_6897176.html

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems pretty much what people are talking about. Coddle rooms for social pusillanimity.

Sigh.

It's a place of learning and education. The whole campus should be a safe space for everyone. There is no need to delineate specific zones for all of the various groups that may request one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, we should be cracking down on racism instead of attempting to segregate people.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Blacks have problems statistically, but not including whites into the discussion and solution is only going to make is worse.
    White people get disproportionally victimised by violent black people they need safe spaces.

Seperate but equal benefits both partys involved black people don't have to face racism and white people don't have to face violent crime by black inner city youth.
    Places where one skin color is absent are inherently more safe for all partys involved.

Just imagine you walk into a bar and suddenly a plaster has not the skin tone of your skin?
    To prevent such micro agressions we need to segregate by skin color.

It's like you people just want to defend what you THINK a "safe zone" is.

Now swap it for "men", and you have a gentleman's club.
    A place for privilege. A place for segregation.

Pathetic honestly. How anyone could support something like this is astonishing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    It's a place of learning and education. The whole campus should be a safe space for everyone. There is no need to delineate specific zones for all of the various groups that may request one.
    Maybe they should actually teach people to not be cunts and/or pansies.

7+ Year Old Account
    My goodness. I can't.. I can't understand how anyone can possibly think this makes any goddamn sense. Like, all this illogical behavior is happening at Ivy League schools. These kids are supposed to be the best of the best, but they (the ones making headlines, at least) are insane. Lately I've been at a loss for words for people in my generation.
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...