Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There will always be terrorists as long as there are excuses to terrorise.
    Which is believing in wacko extremist religions that "all non-believers should burn in hell" or some bullshit? Like seriously, what's a good reason to kill innocent civilians?

(Note: This isn't me bashing religion, it's me bashing extremists who deserve to be bashed)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I see, you aren't comprehending, she said back when the Soviet Union occupied Afghanistan we gave people and groups in Afghanistan money to fight the Soviets. The Cold War was going on back then, the Cold War was a big struggle between the US and Soviet Union and often was fought with proxies. Osama was one of these proxies, we didn't create Osama but we gave him money at one point in the 1980's.
    USA didn't create Osama. They funded and created Al Qaeda. Osama wouldn't have such large organisation without help.
    http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=0228

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    USA didn't create Osama. They funded and created Al Qaeda. Osama wouldn't have such large organisation without help.
    http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=0228
    No, Osama created Al Qaeda. The US funded many people and groups in Afghanistan in the 1980's, one of these where Osama and his organization Al Qaeda. I wouldn't be surprised if we gave some money to the Taliban too.

The money was to help them fight the Soviet Union.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Stop the false dichtonomy we have room to act proactive.

It is not give up all freedom and death as options.
    There is really no doubt that the temporary crackdown the french did was pretty much necessary.
    temporary restrictions are fine where there are real security concerns.

When you are changing laws to allow it to become routine, or when you use specific individual acts as an excuse for wide scale fishing expeditions or breaches of human rights, then no its not.

I think Team America: World Police is going on for too long.
    I'm not sure why America has to fight everyone elses war, and protect everyone elses country.
    Is it really "To defend freedom and democracy around the world..."?
    Is it to prevent WW III?

Quote Originally Posted by Machinima Shawn View Post
    I think Team America: World Police is going on for too long.
    I'm not sure why America has to fight everyone elses war, and protect everyone elses country.
    Is it really "To defend freedom and democracy around the world..."?
    Is it to prevent WW III?
    It is to keep economy going. Also funding armies allows you to steal tax money and hide it from public. Only way to take over resources of other countries if they don't want to give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    It is to keep economy going. Also funding armies allows you to steal tax money and hide it from public. Only way to take over resources of other countries if they don't want to give it to you.
    It's not the only way, but the most tried and true way. There's a special type of person called an Economic Hitman that can be deployed to take over resources and assets of foreign countries without resorting to war.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/johnperki...ichitman.shtml

http://www.democracynow.org/2004/11/...onomic_hit_man

If they don't work, and assassination fails or fails to change the course of things war is the end result to achieve the goals.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I'm very much in favour of regular, screened individuals being able to defend their homes, property, family, friends, pets and themselves with reasonable force. Sadly in many western countries this is not an issue. Which is very bizarre considering that terrorism almost exclusively ends up with regular people getting killed. Politicians, celebrities and other wealthy/influential individuals are very rarely targeted - let alone killed.

Surprise, surprise, it just so happens that they're usually surrounded by security guards and/or police. Extremism has always been a dire issue throughout history and yet it is now trickling into the western world and very little is actually being done about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That Denazification wasn't a case of "burning it out", it was dismantling the structures that it'd put in place and addressing the issues that allowed it to gain traction in the first place. It took years and years of occupation and investment. It wasn't beaten militarily.
    And the whole Nazi period had lasted only for a dozen years. Imagine how deep roots evil has grown in Islamic culture over 1400 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Surprise, surprise, it just so happens that they're usually surrounded by security guards and/or police. Extremism has always been a dire issue throughout history and yet it is now trickling into the western world and very little is actually being done about it.
    Effective measures would first require that people, even politicians, would admit some very uncomfortable truths. Such as the decades-long systematical lying, in the name of multiculturalism, about Islam being "peaceful" or about the "benefits" of Islamic immigration.

Now the situation is that we have a dilemma with a very obvious cause, but in the retarded PC-ideological climate it's forbidden to even hint towards that cause.

Imagine that we are on a leaking boat. Everyone can see that the boat leaks because some of the Muslim passengers (and only Muslim passengers) are constantly drilling holes in the hull, but it's forbidden to do anything about it because it would seem racist. The other Muslims aren't doing anything to stop their comrades either. Instead we should just pretend they are ok and pump harder.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2015-11-21 at 10:25 AM.

Yes.

I have my complaints , but I believe that behind the scenes the real heroes are doing their jobs. The politicians will say and do whatever for votes and leave the dirty work to the pros.

Terrorism will always happen. We can't stop it. The only way is to change the world and make everyone rich. But the we will have the kids if said rich people get angsty and be terrorists anyways. So GG nice try.

I care more about how they react. They don't call it counter terrorism for nothing. I want the response swift and vicious. Terrorists should know that every mission is a suicide mission. I'd be okay with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    TL;DR: Are you satisfied with your countries part of defeating terrorism?
    I think the war on terror is probably like the war on drugs - it can't be won. However, unlike the war on drugs, there's no "easy" option of legalising terrorism. Leave ISIS etc alone and Islamic terrorists will still continue attacks as they try to take over countries from Afghanistan to Mali.

Like the war on drugs, however, I think most work should go on the demand side. Try to stop people turning to terrorism (drugs), as if there is demand, there will always be a supply.

I think there is reason to be optimistic, however, because terrorism is a lot less enticing than drugs. Lots of people may want a quick high, but I think the vast majority of people are repulsed by the slaughter of innocents. ISIS is an apocalyptic doomsday cult - its ideology does not offer a sustainable future to people, just the illusion of a glorious death as the world ends.

I think the implication of all this is that we need to be calm, embrace Muslims within our countries and work to make life as good as possible in Muslim countries (promote reconciliation and peace, support enhanced security and economic development, push for democratic reforms and modernisation).

... instead of joining the rest of the world which is actually doing something, sending soldiers etc.
    What is this rest of the world you are talking about? No one is sending ground troops. Except perhaps Iran. The second Iraq war killed any will to send soldiers. Perhaps sadly, because if George W Bush and Tony Blair were to say about ISIS what they said about Saddam, it would be hard to disagree. I was against the second Iraq War but right now it seems a grave mistake to leave ISIS in control of millions of people and the resources that come with it.

Yeas, that's great. But what is your idea how to find them, and how to deal with them? It's not like there is some terrorist place that you can wipe out and then everything is fine, and only morals are stopping us from doing so.

You can very well assume for every killed innocent children in countries that assumingly host terrorists two new terrorists are drafted.

There is no easy solution, even if people would be willing to fight. Remember Tony Blair who admitted that the war in Iraq very certainly was a major contributor in creating the IS. Fighting fire with fire doesn't seem to be the right solution here.

A viable way might be to sacrifice more and more privacy to gain security. This is also something every person has different views on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yeas, that's great. But what is your idea how to find them, and how to deal with them? It's not like there is some terrorist place that you can wipe out and then everything is fine, and only morals are stopping us from doing so.
    Look at the trackrecord of the aftermath of paris.