Shadow tends to lean more towards sucking less from what I've read, but that's just me.

It's going to greatly depend on what you get but we'll likely have a "best-worst" list for them as well as "would the worst relic traits be okay for the best major trait"/vice versa.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys im a noob with sims and all that

So i was wondering what these stat weights mean

https://imgur.com/a/EuYax

Should i take out my mastery gems and use haste? Take off my mastery gear and put on haste?

How do these stat weights interact with simming?

Last edited by Skylarking; 2017-09-24 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post

Should i take out my mastery gems and use haste? Take off my mastery gear and put on haste?
    I'm no expert but for me the difference is so slim that when you'll get more haste mastery will be first again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post

https://imgur.com/a/EuYax

How do these stat weights interact with simming?

Even if changing the sockets would change the stat weights, swapping all sockets on a fully socketed character(i.e. sockets on everything that can have them) wouldn't make a 10 DPS difference. So don't bother, not worth the effort.

which 4pc for t21 do yall reckon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    which 4pc for t21 do yall reckon
    atm you wanna stick to 4p20 and only pick up 2p21 for ST (shoulders and either hat or chest depending on ilvl)

Man that 2pT20 change and Touch of the Moon is finally going to be not garbage tier... I mean it'll probably still be shit but at least it won't be literally about half a Regrowth.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    The fact that they straight up buffed it by 300% says something about how useless it was before. Now if only they would change it to proc after the dmg event instead of before it might actually beat the healing from T2 relic traits.

The change to 2p21 means 4p21 might out perform 4p20 for AOE with enough ilvl, but 4p21 is still extremely weak ST, so it doesn't change much. Remember, due to LatC being by far the best AOE legendary we can never use 2p + 4p for AOE, even thought 2p21 now actually does something for AOE.

I still suspect T21 4 pc to be buffed some how, so its not total garbage before going live.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    The fact that they straight up buffed it by 300% says something about how useless it was before. Now if only they would change it to proc after the dmg event instead of before it might actually beat the healing from T2 relic traits.
    I think i'd rather have the advantage at low HP then high HP. This way it can potentially save you from a killing blow.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think i'd rather have the advantage at low HP then high HP. This way it can potentially save you from a killing blow.
    Or maybe they can happen simultaneously so in actuality the healing comes after the damage but it saves you from the hit. Stuff like Cauterize and Ardent Defender do something similar in that if you take a killing blow, you're set to X% HP instead, so it clearly can read "X damage kills, so set to Y% HP due to Cauterize/AD". The tech is there. They could easily make the heal come after the damage and if it would save you from a KB, then it should keep you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Or maybe they can happen simultaneously so in actuality the healing comes after the damage but it saves you from the hit. Stuff like Cauterize and Ardent Defender do something similar in that if you take a killing blow, you're set to X% HP instead, so it clearly can read "X damage kills, so set to Y% HP due to Cauterize/AD". The tech is there. They could easily make the heal come after the damage and if it would save you from a KB, then it should keep you alive.
    That's a completely different mechanic, though. AD and Cauterize prevent the hit from killing you outright, they don't just heal you.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a completely different mechanic, though. AD and Cauterize prevent the hit from killing you outright, they don't just heal you.
    That's... irrelevant? It can work like that is what I'm saying.

If the hit would kill you, and the heal procs on that hit, and the healing from the heal would save you from dying, the heal should prevent you from dying. At the same time though, there shouldn't be any overhealing (it proccing on the first damage source you ever take and healing BEFORE you take the damage), otherwise it's stupid and worthless in that sense.

If you have enough haste to get 1 second Lunar Strikes during Incarnation, is it better to cast unempowered Lunar Strikes over empowered Solar Wraths since the Wraths will be clipped by the GCD cap?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    If you have enough haste to get 1 second Lunar Strikes during Incarnation, is it better to cast unempowered Lunar Strikes over empowered Solar Wraths since the Wraths will be clipped by the GCD cap?
    no, unless you have very little mastery empowered solar wraths should do more dmg per hit than unempowered Lunar Strikes.

It's not counteracted by Lunar Strikes giving more AP and not being clipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    no, unless you have very little mastery empowered solar wraths should do more dmg per hit than unempowered Lunar Strikes.
    Even with just base mastery they should be pretty damn close. As long as he isn't wearing next to no mastery, it shouldn't even be a contest.

Been a while since I posted.

Did some theorycrafting to try and fix up the T21 4pc. Most of it was done on raidbots and I didn't go into details with legendary items.

Legendary Items disabled
    All sims use same stats (T20M loadout) (gear doesn't matter)
    TSM trinket used because it's popular.
    Crucible effects disabled
    Code:
    T21 4pc bonus:
    override.spell_data=effect.472819.base_value=25
    override.spell_data=effect.472820.base_value=25

T21 2pc bonus (hack fix):
    override.spell_data=effect.68268.sp_coefficient=5.72
    override.spell_data=effect.280158.sp_coefficient=0.50336
    To make it as clear as possible, these sims use the "new" 2pc bonus (Starfall + Starsurge, 10% damage buff). At the time of sims, this 2pc effect had not been pushed to simcraft. So I used overrides, as seen above. The hack-fix for the T21 2pc bonus is included on the T21 tests where labelled. Both "CURRENT" and "OVERRIDE" sims use the hack-fix. In addition, This override was excluded from the baseline value, so the baseline is accurate. Basically, I was forced to turn the set bonus active when I did this hack-fix, so I had to do a bit more work to get the proper testing. But this is accurate. Set bonuses are explicitly enabled and disabled according to simulation data.

Basically, overriding spelldata isn't "sim-specific" during meta reports. It's fine, just a bit more work.

There's a bit of data, so here are the results. The "override" is 25%, in case you couldn't figure that from the override code (up from 10%).

Code:
    Single-Target (T21 results)

T21_2pc_4pc =    991,703        (6.0%) (OVERRIDE -- 4pc)
    T21_2pc_4pc =    975,014        (4.2%) (CURRENT)
    T21_2pc =        964,358        (3.0%)
    T21_4pc =        963,092        (2.9%) (OVERRIDE)
    T21_4pc =        946,204        (1.1%) (CURRENT)
    Baseline =        935,605        ----

Code:
    Single-Target (Patchwerk)

T20_2pc_4pc =    1,030,344    (10.1%)
    T19_2pc_4pc =    1,011,993    (8.2%)
    T20_4pc =        994,495        (6.3%)
    T19_4pc =        994,263        (6.3%)
    T21_2pc_4pc =    991,703        (6.0%) (OVERRIDE --- 4pc)
    T21_2pc_4pc =    975,014        (4.2%) (CURRENT)
    T19_2pc =        969,363        (3.6%)
    T21_2pc =        964,358        (3.0%)
    T21_4pc =        963,092        (2.9%) (OVERRIDE)
    T20_2pc =        962,795        (2.9%)
    T21_4pc =        946,204        (1.1%) (CURRENT)
    Baseline =        935,605        ----

Code:
    Beastlord (semi-AOE; more realistic and it isn't a 4-6min AOE fest...which doesn't exist.)

T21_2pc_4pc =   1,194,364        (9.5%) (OVERRIDE --- 4pc)
    T21_4pc =       1,171,988        (7.5%) (OVERRIDE)
    T20_2pc_4pc =   1,166,155        (7.0%)
    T20_4pc =       1,157,017        (6.1%)
    T21_2pc_4pc =   1,144,611        (5.0%) (CURRENT)
    T21_4pc =       1,122,632        (3.0%) (CURRENT)
    T21_2pc =       1,112,799        (2.1%)
    T19_2pc_4pc =   1,112,260        (2.1%)
    T19_4pc =       1,101,758        (1.0%)
    T19_2pc =       1,100,769        (1.0%)
    T20_2pc =       1,093,633        (0.3%)
    Baseline =      1,090,188        ----
    Last edited by Cyous; 2017-09-30 at 03:38 AM.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quick question, if there is a few seconds left on incarnation and dots are falling off, is it better to continue to get as much nukes out as possible in the few seconds left or refresh dots?

Deleted
    Whats the best trinket for mythic+15 (fortified) aoe fest? Im running with a coen trinket(915) + sentinel medalion(915) in 940 ilvl.