Is it worth dotting the second dog with the ST build?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,
    I've started playing my Boomy recently and I'm still kind off confused about it's rotation.
    I've read a lot of guides and i'm still confused and I feel like a complete idiot.
    Let me try to explain:
    1) Should I pool Starsurge so I can chain-cast 2/3 at once or should I spend AP whenever I have enough for a Starsurge?
    2) Should I prioritize Starsurge over empowerments?
    3) What's the deal with Empowered Lunar Strike? Should I be using it every time to dump the empowerments or just use 1 to avoid exceeding the 3 charges and proceed with Empowered Solar Wrath spam?

Would really help me out guys, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    1) Should I pool Starsurge so I can chain-cast 2/3 at once or should I spend AP whenever I have enough for a Starsurge?
    The former if using 4P T20, otherwise it doesn't really matter. Depends on how immediately you need that SS. For example:
    - Is there a priority add/reason to do as much damage immdiately? Kin'garoth adds for example, you should definitely throw off a SS when you get 40 AsP because of the damage taken debuff they have when they spawn.
    - If ^ hasn't spawned yet, then hold some AsP for when they do.

2) Should I prioritize Starsurge over empowerments?
    If you get a stupidly lucky amount of chain-procs from the bracer legendary (Oneth's Intuition) and you have capped AsP and Empowerments? Not wasting AsP is more important, so yes, you can cast a Starsurge. Also just a reminder that Starfall doesn't give Solar/Lunar emps so it's always safe to cast that if in a 2+ target scenario.

If you're not using the bracer leggo (OI), this situation should never arise. You have 2 resources (AsP and Empowerments) and can pool/spend them as necessary, just make sure neither one caps (which again, unless you get really lucky with OI, they shouldn't unless you're doing the rotation wrong).

3) What's the deal with Empowered Lunar Strike? Should I be using it every time to dump the empowerments or just use 1 to avoid exceeding the 3 charges and proceed with Empowered Solar Wrath spam?
    No, you should be dumping those as well. I personally recommend weaving SW > LS > SW > LS when you have a ton of empowerments to avoid capping Lunar Emps. If it's during Inc/CA and you have a ton of emps and AsP, your rotation should roughly be SS > SW > LS > SS > SW > LS > SS, etc.

You don't have to weave, but if you get used to it, it's helpful for not capping emps.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-12-06 at 09:24 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The former if using 4P T20, otherwise it doesn't really matter. Depends on how immediately you need that SS. For example:
    - Is there a priority add/reason to do as much damage immdiately? Kin'garoth adds for example, you should definitely throw off a SS when you get 40 AsP because of the damage taken debuff they have when they spawn.
    - If ^ hasn't spawned yet, then hold some AsP for when they do.

If you get a stupidly lucky amount of chain-procs from the bracer legendary (Oneth's Intuition) and you have capped AsP and Empowerments? Not wasting AsP is more important, so yes, you can cast a Starsurge. Also just a reminder that Starfall doesn't give Solar/Lunar emps so it's always safe to cast that if in a 2+ target scenario.

If you're not using the bracer leggo (OI), this situation should never arise. You have 2 resources (AsP and Empowerments) and can pool/spend them as necessary, just make sure neither one caps (which again, unless you get really lucky with OI, they shouldn't unless you're doing the rotation wrong).

No, you should be dumping those as well. I personally recommend weaving SW > LS > SW > LS when you have a ton of empowerments to avoid capping Lunar Emps. If it's during Inc/CA and you have a ton of emps and AsP, your rotation should roughly be SS > SW > LS > SS > SW > LS > SS, etc.

You don't have to weave, but if you get used to it, it's helpful for not capping emps.
    Thank you VERY MUCH! Much clearer now!

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Is it worth dotting the second dog with the ST build?
    yes because you have specced shooting stars due to it being a 2t fight.
    even if you stayed bota for whatever reason it will be worth it

I recently made the switch to druid. I'm fairly comfortable with single target. I suck at AoE fights though so I'm obviously doing something wrong. From what I've read so far it's not that beneficial to stack starfall?

I think my biggest mistake is that I stack starfall when I have excess AsP. Rather focus on only keeping the Stellar empowerment buff up and use AP for starsurges (if you have excess AsP) to get empowered lunarstrikes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Does the T21 buff dot duration extend itself? Or do you get penalized for casting Starsurge/Starfall sequentially?

The buff maxes at 6 seconds, so chain casting SS/SF will waste some up time of the buff.

Depends on how many targets there are. 3+, just dump everything in Starfalls, but make sure you always have at least one up.

Also make sure everything is dotted up.

And be happy you're not me who just pulled out a +25 TF Vitality Resonator from your chest, whose only value is 53g. *grumble* Sometimes it feels as if the game purposely gives you the most useless item available at absurd levels...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And be happy you're not me who just pulled out a +25 TF Vitality Resonator from your chest, whose only value is 53g. *grumble* Sometimes it feels as if the game purposely gives you the most useless item available at absurd levels...
    Got nice 960 Hastery legs from the chest this week.

Fucking useless tosh >_>

Oh well, at least i got a mythic personnel decimator to play around with. With Runspeed, to boot. In other news, Worldbreaker is just as much of a joke on Mythic as any other difficulty.

Though while blowing up some dummies, i noticed that it appears they messed with SW's trail effect again. Also, they fixed the whole LS launch animation not showing while chaincasting at some point.

nice to see 2 fights are going to extremely inflate our overall performance again, for another tier....lol

Lol we got a +25-30 of that on Tuesday. No one really wanted it. I also pulled a 960 of the uh... I forgot the name; it's the trinket from High Command, out of my TW cache. Fun to use, but man, hard to justify over 860 Arcano, 930 Owl, or 945 (and climbing) Norgannon's, soon hopefully to also be a 945+ Injector.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Oh well, at least i got a mythic personnel decimator to play around with. With Runspeed, to boot. In other news, Worldbreaker is just as much of a joke on Mythic as any other difficulty.

Though while blowing up some dummies, i noticed that it appears they messed with SW's trail effect again. Also, they fixed the whole LS launch animation not showing while chaincasting at some point.
    pretty sure the wrath launch is broken too after potting - not exactly sure when that started or if im just noticing it now, but try pot>wrath>wrath and watch the 2 wraths launch one after another

I honestly don't understand how they can possibly be fine with the state of trinkets or why they felt like extending arcanocrystal to the 910 gamble lottery was a remotely good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I honestly don't understand how they can possibly be fine with the state of trinkets or why they felt like extending arcanocrystal to the 910 gamble lottery was a remotely good idea.
    I'm literally still trying. Until I get a 960+ Injector, I will be trying the entire time. Only then can I say FUCK YOU argunite and stop bothering.

When a +100 iLvl item isn't an upgrade, it feels really shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Well, i'd say they at least realised it's power, given the Legendary Pantheon trinket's makeup.
    Hope they take some notes here and apply them next expansion.

Although i'd prefer seeing more trinkets requiring some situational awareness like Terror or Engine of Eradication.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have a list of recommended talent choices for heroic/mythic Antorus bosses? If there's an explanation behind the choices that'd be a huge bonus as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Does anyone have a list of recommended talent choices for heroic/mythic Antorus bosses? If there's an explanation behind the choices that'd be a huge bonus as well!
    Here: https://goo.gl/LL83Kv

I don't know why people recommend Shooting Stars on Portal Keeper. You are single target a majority of the time and the imps don't live long enough to proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I don't know why people recommend Shooting Stars on Portal Keeper. You are single target a majority of the time and the imps don't live long enough to proc.
    Cause it's based around mythic where your damage actually matters, you could spec litterally anything for mongoloiding through NM or HC.