Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Eastern Europe fears closer French-Russian ties amid Ukraine crisis

http://www.afp.com/en/news/eastern-e...ukraine-crisis

Together with Poland, the Baltic trio -- Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania -- are proponents of exercising the utmost firmness regarding the Kremlin. They also fear that the conflicts in Syria and Ukraine will be lumped together. "These are different crises and we must not link them, we must assess them separately," Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevicius told AFP. "It is unacceptable to talk about some kind of trade, concessions or spheres of influence."
    "Lithuania will not take part in any new coalition in which Russia will participate or would like to participate," President Dalia Grybauskaite said Friday. "To this day Russia is occupying the territory of one country and committing acts of war in two countries, Ukraine and Georgia," she added in the western resort town of Palanga after meeting with her Baltic counterparts.
    The Latvian foreign ministry for its part said Friday that "the Baltic countries should continue to constantly remind the world about the illegal annexation of Crimea." "The fight against terrorists and resolving the conflict in Syria should not be at the expense of Ukraine."
    One puppy does not a county's sins erase.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's a very bad approximation. G-sound is something that dogs definitely don't make.
    Just as much as the leading "G"-sound, or the "K"-sound other languages use.
    Just because you cannot hear it doesn't mean the similarities aren't there. Just because the russian g-sound transcribes into an english g-sound does not mean they are the same, nor does it mean that the other surounding sounds are in the same places.
    Also, you are assuming that all dogs sound the same and that what appers to be the most distinct sound they make is the same one all over the world regardless of the enviroment.

And all that is simply not true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Just as much as the leading "G"-sound, or the "K"-sound other languages use.
    Just because you cannot hear it doesn't mean the similarities aren't there. Just because the russian g-sound transcribes into an english g-sound does not mean they are the same, nor does it mean that the other surounding sounds are in the same places.
    Also, you are assuming that all dogs sound the same and that what appers to be the most distinct sound they make is the same one all over the world regardless of the enviroment.

And all that is simply not true.
    Show me a video of dog barking that makes the sound similar to g or gav.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Show me a video of dog barking that makes the sound similar to g or gav.
    I'm not sure you could hear it, given that you cannot see the similarities between these two ("woof" and "gav").
    Have you tried to sound them out like something that might sound like a dog sound? Because doing that it is pretty clear where they come from.
    (Hint: Russian pronounciation of "gav" is not the same as the English pronounciation of "gav". It is a character wise transcript not a phoenetic translation.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I'm not sure you could hear it, given that you cannot see the similarities between these two ("woof" and "gav").
    Woof and gav are nothing like each other. Gav is similar to hau (which is very common "dogspeak" in various languages), but it still has that g. I know loanwords with Latin H are sometimes transliterated to G in Russian. But this is not a loanword, is it? Even if it were, hau and woof are completely different are representing different kind of barking.
    Have you tried to sound them out like something that might sound like a dog sound? Because doing that it is pretty clear where they come from.
    (Hint: Russian pronounciation of "gav" is not the same as the English pronounciation of "gav". It is a character wise transcript not a phoenetic translation.)
    I'm not English. I'm Finnish. And I speak Russian quite a bit (enough to know differences in pronunciation).
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.