Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Academics created these delicate little snowflakes and I will have no sympathy when they have to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    She said she pointed out that racist incidents on other campuses, including the University of Missouri’s Columbia campus, have been very visible, and used the slur when comparing the University of Kansas to the other incidents.
    This makes me question the context of the term's use. It seems likely that she utilized the term in the abstract, if they were discussing actual instances of racism in different campuses. In which case, putting her on leave is absolutely ridiculous. What is going on with academia lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Who wanna bet it wasn't the black student who ratted her out?
    Probably a pencil necked crybaby who thinks he's the end all be all of what can/cannot be said.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a black person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Link to the previously posted letter... (see following post)

Clearly, it was used in the context of discussion and not actually applying to anyone. So the cunt in this case wasn't the teacher.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2015-11-21 at 11:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Shut down"
    "Left shattered"

Over hearing one word not directed at anyone.
    “As a white woman I just never have seen the racism…It’s not like I see ‘Nigger’ spray painted on walls…” she said.

So, apparently, the grave sin of the professor was this:
    “As a white woman I just never have seen the racism…It’s not like I see ‘Nigger’ spray painted on walls…” she said.
    She didn't even give a trigger warning beforehand? Indeed, she surely needs to be replaced by someone more vibrantly diverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    "Shut down"
    "Left shattered"

Over hearing one word not directed at anyone.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Oh god my sides.

This is why when I hear someone say "that's racist!" I feel otherwise. Children, and that's what these students are based on their actions, have no idea what racism is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The context she used that in was clearly not meant to be offensive to the audience. For Christ sakes...

Academia really needs to tell students to stfu on being offended all the time. It's shutting down legit academic discussions and that is dangerous

15+ Year Old Account
    Professors should be free to talk about slurs in an instructive manner, as long as it is relevant to the subject of the class. I use relevant pretty broadly. Many of my history classes had us keep up with current events and we'd talk about them in class. I was waiting to find out if she actually used it as a slur or in an informative way, turned out it was the latter. Can't back the students up on this one at all. The neutering of professor authority is one of the reasons for the decline in academic quality.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    We all know she stands there because she is white we should not whitewash that.

5 people started a witchunt against their teacher because of her ethnical heritage
    and the institution is backing it.

Who can voice here without regret that this scenario is thinkable with a black teacher?
    Those 5 students needs to be expelled for their racism or at least reprimated.

Once again a shit ton of info was left out rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    The part where she did the "sieg heil" salute donned her grand wizard uniform and
    said the one black student should go pick cotton?

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    https://medium.com/@schumaal/what-fo...bd5#.5b2pj2l4b

This is exactly what I was saying. She was actually "checking her privilege," and because she used the term in the abstract, she's been sent on leave. The fact that this kind of absurdity is coming out of a university makes me feel ill.
    Last edited by Anonymous1038853; 2015-11-21 at 11:31 PM.

The letter asking for her termination with the offending quote is posted here. It's bullshit. Stop trying to handwave it away like you are always so want to do.

I'm wondering if she said something like "those people" and that's what offended everyone and may end up costing her that job lol.

Edit: Wow I actually just read the letter and it appears this is an example of butt hurt white SJW's trying to make a "racial" case out of nothing once again.
    Last edited by RickJamesLich; 2015-11-21 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit View Post
    https://medium.com/@schumaal/what-fo...bd5#.5b2pj2l4b

This is exactly what I was saying. She was actually "checking her privilege," and because she used the term in the abstract, she's been sent on leave. The fact that this kind of absurdity is coming out of a university makes me feel ill.
    LOL she actually did check her privilege. Just goes to show how fucking stupid the check your privilege saying is (one of the many reasons).

- - - Updated - - -

Please enlighten us then.

What was left out then? The fact that the person who got offended was some crybaby who can't function when discussing abstarct terms. If she is so offended by racism, why the fuck was she taking class discussing it.

That's clearly not some sort of example of racism, but to demonstrate that she hasn't seen instances of racist slurs painted on walls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again your here to ignore the facts and cry racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    The letter asking for her termination with the offending quote is posted here. It's bullshit. Stop trying to handwave it away like you are always so want to do.
    It's not all bullshit lol. Most of you guys read up to that quote and didn't read anything else after that. Which proves how biased MMOC is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Once again your here to ignore the facts and cry racism.
    I haven't said it was racism but lie more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.