Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    She didn't use the slur she just said it.

No we would not but I guess you would.
    It's the same thing dude. Nope, I would still say the black professor could have done it differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    It's the same thing dude. Nope, I would still say the black professor could have done it differently.
    That would be still offensive and emotionally traumatizing for the students?

That would be still offensive and emotionally traumatizing for the students?
    Who knows, everyone is different. People seem to ignore that simple concept it.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Who knows, everyone is different. People seem to ignore that simple concept it.
    So you don't even know if the statement was problematic lol
    You can't even build a consistent standard

So you don't even know if the statement was problematic lol
    You can't even build a consistent standard
    Obviously some people would be offended and it wouldn't bother some people. It's not my fault people lack the intelligence to understand some words can be offensive.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is never a point in which the utterance of a word, in the context of discussing a related topic, is unacceptable. She could have handled it better? Yes. She could have posted a sign outside the classroom that read, "No Easily-Triggered Pussies Allowed". The fact that it wasn't even a black student that wrote the letter just compounds the stupidity. If a word is not directed at you and does not apply to you, you literally have no case for being offended, outside of being a blathering imbecile.

Edit: It's not a "lack of intelligence to understand some words can be offensive". It's the persistence of vacuous drivel that causes them to believe they're "hurt" by words. In fact, an emotional reaction to mere words is a better indicator of a lack of intelligence, as intelligence promotes logic.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2015-11-23 at 01:04 AM.

Deleted
    It's not my fault people lack the intelligence to understand some words can be offensive.
    No word can be offensive regardless of context.
    I'm ready to stand the text try me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    There is never a point in which the utterance of a word, in the context of discussing a related topic, is unacceptable. She could have handled it better? Yes. She could have posted a sign outside the classroom that read, "No Easily-Triggered Pussies Allowed". The fact that it wasn't even a black student that wrote the letter just compounds the stupidity. If a word is not directed at you and does not apply to you, you literally have no case for being offended, outside of being a blathering imbecile.
    I'm glad the white students wrote the letter. It shows that more people know when something is wrong. Sorry but not everyone is selfish and look at racism as bullshit. Anyway I'm done with this thread and won't reply anymore, too many people who defend a professor that didn't choose her words wisely.

Deleted
    Bapestar name the word which is offensive regardless of context I'm waiting.
    Which word is objectively offensive regardless of context like you claimed.

Are there offensive words or not?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad the white students wrote the letter. It shows that more people know when something is wrong. Sorry but not everyone is selfish and look at racism as bullshit. Anyway I'm done with this thread and won't reply anymore, too many people who defend a professor that didn't choose her words wisely.
    Her choice of words was fine. But you go on. I'm bored of talking to people who think "feels" is a valid argument, for, well, anything.