Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Aren't you like 18 or something Atethecat? You are way too young to be that cynical.
    Teenagers are often cynical once they comprehend that the world is quite a tough place, and 18 seems fairly old to me for that realisation to set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Because the bad things actually matter while the good things do not.
    Why do i say this?

Because no one in this fucking world views you by the good deeds you've done every one judges you by the bad ones.
    It is that simple we are a cynical fucking bunch of morons that populate world we do not deserve.

Human kind is at its worst at the moment.
    There is so much greed so much monopoly so much death every day that you do not even hear from.
    The lies the misguided kids of the world it is gonna be looking very grim in the next 50 years.

And no i'm not a doomsayer id like to believe we are more then what we are currently because what we are currently is worth nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    There is so much bullshit going around the world that it has become so main stream and the worst part is it has millions of followers day by day it gets worse and worse.

Quite frankly i think in the next 100years wars will consume this planet and we will be back to the stone age or midevil times.
    Time to open a history book.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Ever just want to say fuck it?
    No. Life is absurd. There is no meaning or value aside from that which humans attach and ascribe to life.

Disappointment in humanity is rooted in a misguided belief the human species is somehow uniquely noble or grand. We are just animals, clever ones, but we are still mortal animals of and bound to the Earth.

One should seek absolution and meaning in their authentic self and nothing more. Short of this is a weakness of your mortality and humanity.

Deleted
    the trick is to stop caring

I was never one to focus on the negative aspects, or care much about what others do.

I live my life, have my sources of joy. That's enough for me.

Deleted
    While people do care about others, if you cared about every single person everywhere, you'd go mad. That's why, for example, we care more about the death of a loved one than the deaths of 1000 unknown people.
    So in that light, some people decide to not care about unknown people much, unless they directly see the suffering. That's why they complain about insignificant things.
    For these people you could say ignorance is a bliss.

There's also the idea that they complain about said insignificant things because on top of people dieing and mutilated and them not being able to help or trying by donating money or stuff, said insignificant thing is like the drop that spilled the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Difference between human and animal is - you can control your instincts unless you are mentally ill.
    If you want to believe such.

I doubt the truth of such a claim wholly, however. We are biological engines ultimately.

"Every man's conscience is vile and depraved. You can not depend on it to be your guide, for it is you who must keep it satisfied."

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Difference between human and animal is - you can control your instincts unless you are mentally ill.
    I beg to differ. We can rationalize it is more what actually happens. Human instinct are more natural then people believe and more cooperative, people just forget that fact and think instinct have to be barbaric stuff about beating each other. No we have the instinct of an advanced chimpanzee group. Its a huge social group with cooperation, they wage wars and fight to the death against the other groups however. Sounds like another ape i know.

When i walk in public and my brain register image and seems to put emphasis on womens butts around me. Its not something i control, the control is me looking away, but if im looking in that direction the butt will still be on my mind. A random piece of paper on the ground in the same scene might not. It is part of my instinct that the female form would register as more important data somehow, even if it was not my focus. Maybe i was speaking to someone, but the butt still had some amount of my attention despite that fact.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-11-22 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Well yeah if you only focus on negativity you'll become negative yourself

I suggest going offline, going outside, enjoy life and actually experience it

I don't see the barbarism of the world as a good reason to just give up and join them. There are plenty more good, reasonable people, and if we want this world to keep spinning with us on it, we would be advised to follow their lead.

The way I see it our purpose as a species is to advance to the point where we can colonize other worlds with our intelligence: either through genetically modified humans fit for different conditions or full out robots. To make into a science what we've been doing since the dawn of life itself: spreading.

Or we can sit around here like idiots and stab each other until the sun inevitably engulfs our entire planet, every man, woman, child, animal, and plant. Every satellite, the flag on the moon, the rovers on Mars, all of it eaten by our star and wiped from existence so no extraterrestial will ever know of some colony of warmongering bipedal apes.

I still have hope for the former because of a very simple thing universal to all of humanity: we don't want to die.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2015-11-22 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

No, I'm not mentally ill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever get tired of it? Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Or we can sit around here like idiots and stab each other until the sun inevitably engulfs our entire planet, every man, woman, child, animal, and plant. Every satellite, the flag on the moon, the rovers on Mars, all of it eaten by our star and wiped from existence so no extraterrestial will ever know of some colony of warmongering bipedal apes.
    I was watching an astronomy video with Phil Plait and apparently this might not be 100% anymore. Recent calculations have put Earth somewhat near the edge of what will be engulfed. Since the sun will lose more mass(from EM) during the expansion phase, tidal forces may be enough to expand Earths orbit and it would eventually be flung out instead. Anyways, its such a long time away it wont effect modern humans, but it is fascinating.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-11-23 at 03:44 AM.